Ironton 33 Rock Hill 14

Burg93
Freshman Team

Re: WK7 Ironton (3-3) @ Rock Hill (5-1)

Post by Burg93 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote:Very real. ISJ does not have a football team so he plays for IHS which is allowed by OHSAA rules.
That's interesting,had no idea that could be done. So any South Webster student that would want can play football for 'Burg and then Soccer/basketball for South Webster? Clay students for PHS? New Boston for whoever?

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

(Jmo ) no student athlete should be able to play two sports at the same time.

You can't handle the truth
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ptguard wrote:
TheFlyingDutchman wrote:Very real. ISJ does not have a football team so he plays for IHS which is allowed by OHSAA rules.
That's interesting,had no idea that could be done. So any South Webster student that would want can play football for 'Burg and then Soccer/basketball for South Webster? Clay students for PHS? New Boston for whoever?
It was my understanding that the school had to be a private school that did not have a certain sport could play for the public school system in which they reside. It has been a couple of years ago when they put this into effect, but if I remember correctly, you cannot go to school at a public school and transfer to another district to play a sport. You actually have to live inside that district and be going to a private school. I can't remember for sure, but I also believe that the private school has to be located inside of that same district, but that I am not certain of. There was mention of kids who went to school in Kentucky at a private school who did not have football possibly transferring to Ohio. If I remember correctly this was not something that is approved through that rule, even if the child happened to live in the school district. Only if the school and child were both in the school district.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

frankie wrote:
IBTT wrote:I think this team likes it when all these people pick against them. Look at last week, there weren't but maybe a couple of us Real Fans who gave this Ironton team any shot whatsoever. Well, that was one victory ago. Let's go for #2 as the Underdog Tigers!! Love not losing a game in the conference since before I and most of these posters on this site were born and being a weekly underdog. :o :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Somebody needs to take away your computer access at your house.

"'Love not losing a game in the conference since before I and most of these posters on this site were born and being a weekly underdog".

Really? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last time I checked the losses were not inside the conference. Ironton has lost a few games over the years, just not to an OVC Team since South Point in 1966. Really :lol: :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

gametime wrote:(Jmo ) no student athlete should be able to play two sports at the same time.
I don't have a problem with it. We get our best kickers from soccer. But what bothers me is going to another school and playing one sport and another for a different school.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

gametime wrote:
IBTT wrote:I think this team likes it when all these people pick against them. Look at last week, there weren't but maybe a couple of us Real Fans who gave this Ironton team any shot whatsoever. Well, that was one victory ago. Let's go for #2 as the Underdog Tigers!! Love not losing a game in the conference since before I and most of these posters on this site were born and being a weekly underdog. :o :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
So all Ironton cares about now is winning the ovc, I believe you were underdogs in your three losses
That then has worked 20% of the time :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:
frankie wrote:

"'Love not losing a game in the conference since before I and most of these posters on this site were born and being a weekly underdog".

Last time I checked the losses were not inside the conference. Ironton has lost a few games over the years, just not to an OVC Team since South Point in 1966. Really :lol: :lol:
That's something to brag about. :roll:

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

P(irate) wrote:
gametime wrote:(Jmo ) no student athlete should be able to play two sports at the same time.
I don't have a problem with it. We get our best kickers from soccer. But what bothers me is going to another school and playing one sport and another for a different school.[/quote

That Ohio that this can happen. Why don't you go get on the Burg site but I guess you rather hide out on the Ironton site and fill it full of stuff no one wants to read

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Game day wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
I don't have a problem with it. We get our best kickers from soccer. But what bothers me is going to another school and playing one sport and another for a different school.[/quote

That Ohio that this can happen. Why don't you go get on the Burg site but I guess you rather hide out on the Ironton site and fill it full of stuff no one wants to read
That hurt my feelings. :cry:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Jelly roll wrote:Everyone talking about this game. Rock Hill 5-1 Ironton 3-3. Has Rock hill beaten any team with a winning record? Other than chesapeake. Irontons wins have come against 2 losing teams.

and 1 undefeated team, Chesapeake was 5-0.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IBTT wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:pirate-I have my doubts we could even make it without help. we'd certainly have to win out.
but nothing is more important than this Friday.
That's not a very positive attitude from a Tiger fan. I believe we will get a bunch of points out of 3 of our four final teams. Ironton is finally starting to grow up as a team. You ought to come check this group out for yourself, they might not be the Ironton of the eighties, but they are looking better than they have for a while. Don't let them Burgites get to you Bait...They are just Baiting you.

hey brother. I can speak for myself. I hope that some things happen and they can. but I saw how little we moved when we beat an unbeaten Chesapeake team. and if we win, if we win the points will start mounting up. and we'll just have to see what happens. I think you know me well enough to know nothing would please me more than a7-3 tiger team getting into week 11. but we still have key matchups @rock hill, home with coal grove , and gahs, and @Portsmouth to close out, lotta football left to be played, and anything can happen. we're friends let's keep it that way. ole bait can speak for himself. I don't need any assistance to offend anyone.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and I was there last week, and I referred to your son as our bell cow here and on facebook. he had an awesome game. behind good line play as well.cute play on words about baiting. but they're on me like flys on a dogpile anyway. going to try to be at rock hill Friday. but acting like I'm a negative fan. is like peeing into a hard wind.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I was right about last week if Ironton came out with a different mindset they would win, but if they came out and played like they did the previous few weeks they would get beat by 60. I think no one wants to get beat by Rock Hill so they will come out fired up and ready to play and they will win by 3 TDs. Now if something bad happens and they lose the governor better be ready to call in the national guard cause ironton police won't be able to handle the riots that occur if the Tigers lose to the Hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

gametime wrote:
ELChapo wrote:Ironton wins this by 3 touchdowns. RH doesn't have nearly the talent the Peake had and we saw what the Tigers did to them last week.[/quote

your purple jump suit shows how much talent you know,maybe you should stick to bowling

OH SNAP, THAT JUST HAPPENED.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AND IF YOU'LL RECALL I PICKED THIS UPSET LAST WEEK OVER THE PEAKE. JUST LIKE I'M GONNA SAY IRONTON 35- RH 21
AND THAT TINGLING IN MY LOWER UNIT IS ALSO SAYING THAT MY UPSET SPECIAL WILL BE WAVERLY UPSETTING THE BURG.------------- AT'S RIGHT, IT'S IN WRITING NOW. I DON'T LOOK AT AN IRONTON WIN AS AN UPSET. THEY HAVE PLAYED A TOUGHER SCHEDULE TO DATE, WIN OR LOSE. ROCK HILL HAS THE BETTER RECORD INDEED. BUT I THINK THE FIGHTING TIGERS HAVE THE ADVANTAGE RUN GAME WISE IF IRONTON CAN SUSTAIN BLOCKS AND COVER THE PASS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IBTT wrote:
frankie wrote:

I'LL HAVE TO CHECK ON THAT. I THINK SOUTH POINT BEAT US IN THE 70'S BEHIND DANE ''THE TRAIN'' CONWELL'S RUNNING. WHO LATER STARRED AT WVU, BUT LEFT IRONTON FOR SOUTH POINT. BAIT WAS A LIL FELLER IN JUNIOR HIGH AND HE LEFT TIRE TRACKS ON ME ONE DAY. AND HE HUFFED LIKE A TRAIN. HE WAS RIGHT SCAREY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M WRONG ON THE SOUTH POINT LOSS I JUST CHECKED. I SWEAR I THOUGHT WE LOST ONE 7-6. BACK IN THE FRITZ DAYS.

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

I'll put my score out there.

Tigers 34
Slurs 13

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

frankie wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
IBTT wrote:
That's something to brag about. :roll:
Ironton has only been "in conference" about 2 years? :lol:
I agree pirate, not losing to OVC teams is something to brag about. :lol:

Ironton was in the OVC many moons ago before the OKAC

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

obviously a 1st goal is to win the league. but playoffs and titles are always the primary goal. should be on any team.what cracks me up is soc posters acting like the ovc is so beneath them. when they really mirror images of each other. and frankly I think the ovc is deeper in all sports. we had 3 playoff teams last year. and the ovc is much deeper than the soc this year in football. they have burg and Minford that are producing . and the ovc has ironton,chesapeake, rock hill, coal grove and Portsmouth all in contention for the league title. the economics of our area has forced all these teams to be and look alike. I'd love to see the 2 leagues combine myself. but I don't want to offend any ovc poster who's team has been in the ovc all along. we're the new guys this time.it would be one of the most prosperous leagues in the state. with multiple powerhouse programs steeped in rich playoff history. but let's be real here for a minute. these 2 leagues basically are the same from top to bottom. so demeaning one or the other is pointless it just ain't so anymore. and this year depthwise I think that the ovc has the edge.

Return to “Football”