Waterboy

Ironton 33 Rock Hill 14

Post by Ironton96 »

Thoughts?

maniac66
All State

Re: Ironton (3-3) @ Rockhill (5-1)

Post by maniac66 »

AT Rock Hill be a tough game against a talented team.
Rock Hill will be up for this game and know they need to score when they have the ball and stop the long drives Ironton showed tonight

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

This should be a great game. But think the Tigers win it
Ironton 28
Rock Hill 14

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

Redmen having a great year and want this one bad. Could be a signature win for Coach Knipp. Defensive line has to play great.

Tigers starting to come around and look like a team. Distractions and bad attitude problems seem to be in the rear view mirror for the Tigers with the half time exit of a player a few weeks ago.

Who wants it most in this brawl out Pedro way?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

after the tigers dispatching unbeaten Chesapeake they need to put that one behind them and get ready for another once beaten tribe team. this could not be anymore of a classic. ironton remains unbeaten in league play since joining. and rock hill has won a lot of games the last 2 years. and this should be a dandy. with the fighting tigers taking on a 1 loss rock hill team.2 league teams in a prime time Friday night matchup. ironton negated the panther speed last night not allowing the panthers to the edge, and had a mauling run game. if the tribe can't stop ironton's rushing attack. could be a long night for them. ironton had very good lateral speed last night, and other than a long touchdown run ironton kept the panthers caged all night. ironton's secondary has been suspect all year. and I feel will be tested a lot. I have every intention of trying to be at this one, and see a bunch of great folks from both sides.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:after the tigers dispatching unbeaten Chesapeake they need to put that one behind them and get ready for another once beaten tribe team. this could not be anymore of a classic. ironton remains unbeaten in league play since joining. and rock hill has won a lot of games the last 2 years. and this should be a dandy. with the fighting tigers taking on a 1 loss rock hill team.2 league teams in a prime time Friday night matchup. ironton negated the panther speed last night not allowing the panthers to the edge, and had a mauling run game. if the tribe can't stop ironton's rushing attack. could be a long night for them. ironton had very good lateral speed last night, and other than a long touchdown run ironton kept the panthers caged all night. ironton's secondary has been suspect all year. and I feel will be tested a lot. I have every intention of trying to be at this one, and see a bunch of great folks from both sides.
Rockhill lost to Portsmouth so they're not unbeaten in league play

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:after the tigers dispatching unbeaten Chesapeake they need to put that one behind them and get ready for another once beaten tribe team. this could not be anymore of a classic. ironton remains unbeaten in league play since joining. and rock hill has won a lot of games the last 2 years. and this should be a dandy. with the fighting tigers taking on a 1 loss rock hill team.2 league teams in a prime time Friday night matchup. ironton negated the panther speed last night not allowing the panthers to the edge, and had a mauling run game. if the tribe can't stop ironton's rushing attack. could be a long night for them. ironton had very good lateral speed last night, and other than a long touchdown run ironton kept the panthers caged all night. ironton's secondary has been suspect all year. and I feel will be tested a lot. I have every intention of trying to be at this one, and see a bunch of great folks from both sides.
The Mayor of the trailer park will be in the house........... 8-) 8-)

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

sparky wrote:

Go back and re-read. I don't see where he calls RH "unbeaten", he calls them "once beaten". Now he calls Ironton "unbeaten" in OVC play since joining the OVC which is true....he even calls RH a 1 loss team in his post...

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I was impressed with ironton last night. They should be able to wear down Rock Hill and take this one. It'll be raucous out 93 on friday

ROLL PEAKE
timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

I didn't think the big I could beat the Peake, great job fellows, keep it up and good luck, 1 at a time TIGERS, good luck

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

What's the injury status on Matney, and Knipp?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sparky wrote:

sparky I totally whiffed on that one. and I corrected it on facebook, but completely forgot about it here. and I knew they lost. must have been vaporlocked.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I think the Tigers take this one but I am glad to see several of the OVC teams having a successful season and several more in Southeast Ohio. That's what it is all about. Doing what is necessary to bring that elusive title back to Southeast Ohio.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Rockhill by a touchdown.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironton96
Waterboy

Post by Ironton96 »

Manwithplan wrote:What's the injury status on Matney, and Knipp?
They are both playing Matney hurt his shoulder and knipp had a bad finger

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I will take Rock Hill at home, 20-14. Since Ironton is on the road, I think Rock Hill gets a long awaited win over Rock Hill. When is the last time a Lawrence County school beat Ironton?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

The Tigers are still the best in conference play until they get beat I don't see that changing. Other teams have improved and things seem to be more balanced, but ironton still dominates the line of scrimmage. I'll take the Tigers by 14

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

RH will shock the OVC. I am going to take RH by 14.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Jason Vorhees wrote:I will take Rock Hill at home, 20-14. Since Ironton is on the road, I think Rock Hill gets a long awaited win over Rock Hill. When is the last time a Lawrence County school beat Ironton?
1966....South Point.......

can u explain to me what Rock Hill gets a long awaited win over Rock Hill translate to................ :lol: :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think he means that Ironton steals a lot of rock hill players, so it's rock hill vs rock hill. Makes sense

Return to “Football”