Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK7 Wheelersburg (6-0) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO BIG WAVE!!! FLIP OVER THE PIRATE SHIP!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You guys kill me. No body has said Waverly is overrated. It actually seems that some posters, maybe not Waverly Fans, who support Waverly here are the ones who think they are overrated. If not, why bring it up? Waverly is muchanged improved from years past. Good, I love seeing teams turn things around. Does thathat mean they have ARRIVED after beating the likes of Piketon and Unioto of sorts? Most definitely not. You all just keep thinking the way you are and you'll find out how wrong you are in a little over 12 hours.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

A tough game for 4 quarters and a little adversity would be great for Burg. They haven't had much worries all season. Waverly better play their best game and control the nerves. Seems like Burg kids in all sports show up to the big games better then anyone.

Good luck to both teams and hopefully injury free as both teams look to go into the playoffs!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

P(irate) wrote:You guys kill me. No body has said Waverly is overrated. It actually seems that some posters, maybe not Waverly Fans, who support Waverly here are the ones who think they are overrated. If not, why bring it up? Waverly is muchanged improved from years past. Good, I love seeing teams turn things around. Does thathat mean they have ARRIVED after beating the likes of Piketon and Unioto of sorts? Most definitely not. You all just keep thinking the way you are and you'll find out how wrong you are in a little over 12 hours.
Everybody from Waverly knows we are the big underdog and Wheelersburg is the decided favorite. Everybody from Waverly knows Wheelersburg is good year in and year out while Waverly has struggled the past 9 years.
But we also know this 2016 team is much like the 2006 squad. Stud 3 sport Junior QB, great tailback, excellent WR's, quick mean LB's, big quick DE's, a nice secondary, overall great team speed (arguably faster than the 2006 team) and hadn't won many games coming into that season.

This is a social media forum and people can say what they want (to a degree, lol) but I think some of the Waverly posters are taken back a bit over the "blowout" suggestions. No one knows how it will play out. Waverly is in unfamiliar territory but they were in 2006 as well. The Tigers will need to control the emotions and nerves early on and play the best game of their lives - everybody knows that.

GO TIGERS!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Less than 12 hours now! Looking forward to a good game. Good luck pirates!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Burg is a better team this year but I know that Waverly has greatly improved. Burg needs to play a hard-fought 4 quarter game to get ready for playoffs!

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

[quote="P(irate)ARRIVED after beating the likes of Piketon and Unioto of sorts? Most definitely not. .[/quote]

And you wonder why some think some Burg fans are obnoxious? I have always said, it is much harder being a fan of a very good team year in and out because humility is such a hard thing to hold onto.

I dont care who wins this game, I am not going either, but I do live close enough to Waverly to get the radio station, and will be following on Twitter.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

smurray wrote:
P(irate) wrote:You guys kill me. No body has said Waverly is overrated. It actually seems that some posters, maybe not Waverly Fans, who support Waverly here are the ones who think they are overrated. If not, why bring it up? Waverly is muchanged improved from years past. Good, I love seeing teams turn things around. Does thathat mean they have ARRIVED after beating the likes of Piketon and Unioto of sorts? Most definitely not. You all just keep thinking the way you are and you'll find out how wrong you are in a little over 12 hours.
Everybody from Waverly knows we are the big underdog and Wheelersburg is the decided favorite. Everybody from Waverly knows Wheelersburg is good year in and year out while Waverly has struggled the past 9 years.
But we also know this 2016 team is much like the 2006 squad. Stud 3 sport Junior QB, great tailback, excellent WR's, quick mean LB's, big quick DE's, a nice secondary, overall great team speed (arguably faster than the 2006 team) and hadn't won many games coming into that season.

This is a social media forum and people can say what they want (to a degree, lol) but I think some of the Waverly posters are taken back a bit over the "blowout" suggestions. No one knows how it will play out. Waverly is in unfamiliar territory but they were in 2006 as well. The Tigers will need to control the emotions and nerves early on and play the best game of their lives - everybody knows that.

GO TIGERS!

US TIGER FANS GO THROUGH THIS EVERY YEAR SMURRAY AT IRONTON. GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON ''FIGHTING TIGERS'' AND NOW MY NEW HOMETOWN WAVERLY TIGERS. PERSONALLY I THINK BURG GETS UPSET TONIGHT.

GO TIGERS!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SORRY BOUT THE DOUBLE POST. THIS SHOULD BE A CLASSIC.
in all honesty , waverly has been not been very good for the last decade and not playing anywhere near burg's capabilities as their program continues to grow. heck the burg has have like 90 kids out I think. and the decided underdog is the waverly tigers despite being the home team. but waverly is putting together a fine proram there as well. and has done major improvements to the team and the stadium. common knowledge says the burg continues to roll here. but I also live in the waverly district and they are stoked and ready for this game. and are not intimidated at all. this should be an awesome game. and I feel if waverly does not get overwhelmed early. and has great secondary play, and tackles well, they may pull out an upset here of dramatic fashion. the burg loves to onside kick, and have an excellent passing game. if the tigers are successful at keeping them from getting the edges and forces an inside run game. they will have some luck. I love to banter with the pirate fans, they have earned their accolades, the program has. and I sit back chuckling because I know us fighting tiger fans must have been similar the last 40 years, as they dared people to play them, anybody, anywhere. but that grass has been cut. and they are struggling mightily. ---------------------------------- personally I'm rooting for a waverly tiger victory here, and I think tonight is the night the burg gets upset. no moral victories here for playing the burg close or not getting blown out. which well could happen. ---------------- but I don't see it, I see waverly finding a way to pull out a classic fan. and a long week for burg posters.------------------------- ANYHOO, GO TIGERS.(BOTH OF EM)

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

smurray wrote:

GO TIGERS!
I agree to an extent. I know Burg has played in big games the past few years. They won't be taken back or shaken. They will bring the rain tonight. This could go down to the wire. I would love nothing more. However, history and experience will play a huge factor tonight.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

GAMEDAY!!!!!
MAKE IT RAIN SURE....BUT I WANT TO SEE LIGHTNING AND THUNDER!
BURG IS THE STORM
LIGHT'EM UP!!!!!!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This game has had its share of bad weather in the past, even remnants of hurricanes. Going to be great weather for this one despite the hurricane raging down south. Great weather, great field, nice stadium, great playoff atmosphere.
About 9 hours and counting.

GO TIGERS!

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

marshallman wrote:This will not be a blow out. Waverly is a great team this year. Coldwater was out sized by Burg last year and had a running clock on them at half time. Burg fans need to respect their opponents and stop thinking every games a blow out. I I'll take Waverly in this one by 10.
lol you should respect Coldwater and not use them as a comparison to waverly :shock: obviously you have some issues :roll: burg rolls 38-17 :lol: ..... smh.... coldwater..... waverly.... same sentence.... :roll:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg Will Be In A Dog Fight Tonight.
It'll Be Close. Best/Toughest Game Pirates Will Play In The Regular Season!

33-21 Pirates!
(Yes That Is A Safety I'm Predicting!)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Neutron Man wrote:Burg Will Be In A Dog Fight Tonight.

33-21 Pirates!

I agree that Waverly is by far the biggest test Burg has faced.

I am still going with Waverly in a squeaker....but I wont be surprised if Burg wins by 2 scores.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Bleeding Red wrote:

33-21 Pirates!

I am still going with Waverly in a squeaker....but I wont be surprised if Burg wins by 2 scores.
You Know Red, I'm A Die Hard Pirate, And I Wouldn't Be Surprised To See Waverly Win In A Squeaker Either!
I Know I Predict A Pirate Win, But A Waverly Win Wouldn't Blow My Mind!!
Its Just Two Great Football Teams Leaving It All On The Field Tonight!

#GoBurg!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

marshallman wrote:
This will not be a blow out. Waverly is a great team this year. Coldwater was out sized by Burg last year and had a running clock on them at half time. Burg fans need to respect their opponents and stop thinking every games a blow out. I I'll take Waverly in this one by 10.

I don't think mom was trying to compare waverly to coldwater at all. I think what she was saying was that coldwater was a whole nother beast. ------------------her bigger point here is that burg fans think they are far superior to any other program.and expect to have running clocks on everybody. -------- and to be honest, until somebody knocks the chip off burg's shoulder. they have become the alpha program in southern ohio. gotta give them birds their props. but I feel an upset brewing. ------------------------- and to those that don't know ole bait very well. the inside joke about my lower unit, it's a reference to my belly.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Neutron Man wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

33-21 Pirates!

You Know Red, I'm A Die Hard Pirate, And I Wouldn't Be Surprised To See Waverly Win In A Squeaker Either!
I Know I Predict A Pirate Win, But A Waverly Win Wouldn't Blow My Mind!!
Its Just Two Great Football Teams Leaving It All On The Field Tonight!

#GoBurg!

awesome summary, great post.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Keys to the game.

For a Tigers victory. I'll stray from the usual turnovers, penalties, etc….
1. Recover the onside kick
2. Stop Burg short on fake punts
3. Corral the screen plays
4. Protect our QB

Key for Pirate fans.
1. Arrive BEFORE 6:00! :)

Key for Waverly fans.
1. Wear Black
2. Don't attempt to save more than three seats! LOL
3. BELIEVE!

For a Burg victory.
1. I'm not going there :)

Good Luck to the Waverly Tigers! Bring it!!
Last edited by toast on Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:marshallman wrote:
This will not be a blow out. Waverly is a great team this year. Coldwater was out sized by Burg last year and had a running clock on them at half time. Burg fans need to respect their opponents and stop thinking every games a blow out. I I'll take Waverly in this one by 10.

I don't think mom was trying to compare waverly to coldwater at all. I think what she was saying was that coldwater was a whole nother beast. ------------------her bigger point here is that burg fans think they are far superior to any other program.and expect to have running clocks on everybody. -------- and to be honest, until somebody knocks the chip off burg's shoulder. they have become the alpha program in southern ohio. gotta give them birds their props. but I feel an upset brewing. ------------------------- and to those that don't know ole bait very well. the inside joke about my lower unit, it's a reference to my belly.
Lol u called marshallMan MOM..... wonder how THAT makes him feel in his lower unit??

Return to “Football”