Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

Post by smurray »

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.j ... &year=2016

Waverly maintains 4th in their region. Unioto has snuck back up to #8.
Some of the teams in the top 10 of their region play each other.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Alter, Wyoming, Valley View, and Indian Hill will win out. IH plays a couple of 5-2 D5 schools in their league, but will blow out both.

Waverly needs to win out to have a shot at a home game. I'm not sure that Alter will get the points to jump them, but IH could. If Massie loses to Chillicothe, that could also help the Tigers. They gotta take care of their own business first though to make sure they get in.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Massie plays Chillicothe and Wilmington.
Wyoming plays 5-2 Reading
Valleyview has a fairly easy road.
Alter plays D3 McNicholas but should win out.
IH plays Reading as well.
#7 Dunbar plays 5-2 Taft and 5-2 D3 Belmont.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Reading isn't good (for that area). They won't be a challenge for either school. Indian Hill could possibly have a sliver of an issue with Madeira, just because they are neighboring districts and rivals.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

JTEK wrote:I would also like to elaborate on the good sportsmanship. In a game with that much hype, that competative and in that atmosphere I didn't notice one time anyone running their mouths, cheap shots, no type of look at me type celebrations. Quite the opposite, both teams were helping their opponents up, slapping them on the helmet in a good way and it was just very refreshing to see a great ballgame played like that. The kids, coaches, parents and communities should all be proud of not only a great hard fought ball game but also the way those young men conducted themselves before, during and after the ballgame.

Couldn't agree more with this. Lots of hugs in the line after the game because these two teams knew they had just left it all out on the field and there was no reason to be angry with each other. Lot of respect for each other because over the years, this game has been a dogfight. Also, both teams looked plum wore out. You usually have that when two great teams get together.

I'm guessing Burg is happy they won't have to meet Waverly in the playoffs and the same for Waverly not having to play Burg.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Props to Waverly, great game.

Looked at the Waverly roster, lots of juniors and sophomores and my understanding is the MS classes are very good. Looks to be a return by Waverly in having a say in the SOC.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote:Reading isn't good (for that area). They won't be a challenge for either school. Indian Hill could possibly have a sliver of an issue with Madeira, just because they are neighboring districts and rivals.
Our best hope is Massie gets knocked off.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Abe Froman wrote:Props to Waverly, great game.

Looked at the Waverly roster, lots of juniors and sophomores and my understanding is the MS classes are very good. Looks to be a return by Waverly in having a say in the SOC.
While the senior class is strong Waverly does have a great nucleus of underclassmen to build on. MS is very good.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Waverly has a very nice Team Good luck the rest of the way and into the Playoffs

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Wheelersburgs j/v team beat Waverlys j/v 49 to 0 a few days ago

Burg grad 85
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

scott1297 wrote:

Wheelersburgs j/v team beat Waverlys j/v 49 to 0 a few days ago
Maybe a lot of waverly soph's and jrs are playing on Friday nights. Nothing more deceiving than jv scores.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Waverlys 8th grade team dominated the Pirates to the tune of 42-0 I believe and that doesn't mean a thing either. JV scores don't prove anything. Lots of things change by the time these groups play each other on Friday nights.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Waverlys 8th grade team dominated the Pirates to the tune of 42-0 I believe and that doesn't mean a thing either. JV scores don't prove anything. Lots of things change by the time these groups play each other on Friday nights.
True

Return to “Football”