Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

LMC
Waterboy

Wheelersburg 24 Waverly 13

Post by LMC »

THE GAME that everyone has been looking forward to all season, so why not go ahead and get this forum rolling! The Tigers welcome the Pirates to the jungle, gonna be two of the best teams in the area squaring off. Hoping the game lives up to the hype!

maniac66
All State

Re: WK 7 Wheelersburg (6-0) @ Waverly (6-0)

Post by maniac66 »

Should be a excellent game Burg needs this game to show who they are.
Waverly needs this game to show they are back.
Burg is good no doubt but I think it would be a closer game than most think both teams seem to be good who is the better team will be answered friday night.
May both teams play hard and come out healthy.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Should be a real good game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Place your bets. This is a defensive game here. Conventional wisdom says a shoot out but both defenses have held their own. Has waverly played anyone? Has burg? I'll go with cal preps.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

They do both have good defenses....but they also have very good offenses.
Last edited by old benchwarmer on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Burrgites ,get your two bucks out to park don't whine about just get it out!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

dontreply wrote:Burrgites ,get your two bucks out to park don't whine about just get it out!
Not gonna lie.. This hurts me a little LMAO

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well, very easily the game of the week. Both teams are very talented, haven't gotten the chance to take in a Waverly game yet. Waverly has been down for awhile and I know they've got some playmakers and some of them are on the younger side. My honest belief is I don't know that Waverly is quite ready for a game of this magnitude, it's the perfect game to get them ready for the playoffs because man are they in a tough region. I am going to go out on a limb here and take Burg by 21. One thing for sure in terms of pure speed this game will have that in waves on Friday night. Let's just move it to Saturday and bring in the entire area.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'll take Burg in this one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Piketon, Unioto & Zane Trace all won tonight running their records to 5-1, 4-2 & 4-2. Waverly dominated all 3.
Waverly has pitched 5 shutouts in 6 games out scoring their opponents 259-13.
Does any of that mean anything come Friday night? Probably not. This Burg team invades the jungle as heavy favorites having beaten Waverly the past 9 meetings. Waverlys last win over the Pirates was in 2006 when the Tigers went 10-0. The 2016 version of the Tigers has many of the same attributes as that 2006 squad. The 2016 version may have better overall team speed.
No predictions - just looking forward to it.
Hope to have our kicker back (out with a concussion tonight suffered in soccer) and looking for senior starter Faheem Gilbert to return after missing the last 4 games.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Burg

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I know this is a new year and that Waverly looks to be a good solid team this year, but....... didn't the Burg win 56-3 last season so has Waverly improved that much in one season? The Pirates seem to be right at the level of last years team and maybe just a little better so will this be a close game. I guess we'll just have to see next Friday.

Good luck to both teams and let's hope for an injury free game. Lots of computer point up for grabs in this one.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote:Well, very easily the game of the week. Both teams are very talented, haven't gotten the chance to take in a Waverly game yet. Waverly has been down for awhile and I know they've got some playmakers and some of them are on the younger side. My honest belief is I don't know that Waverly is quite ready for a game of this magnitude, it's the perfect game to get them ready for the playoffs because man are they in a tough region. I am going to go out on a limb here and take Burg by 21. One thing for sure in terms of pure speed this game will have that in waves on Friday night. Let's just move it to Saturday and bring in the entire area.
Saturday would be awesome - the entire southern Ohio community would be there.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

This will be closer than it was last year

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I know this is a new year and that Waverly looks to be a good solid team this year, but....... didn't the Burg win 56-3 last season so has Waverly improved that much in one season? The Pirates seem to be right at the level of last years team and maybe just a little better so will this be a close game. I guess we'll just have to see next Friday.

Good luck to both teams and let's hope for an injury free game. Lots of computer point up for grabs in this one.
Much improved after last season. This team is one of the best I've seen at Waverly in a long time. Not only in talent but attitude and pride. This game will be a very tight game but I think the Tigers will prevail in the end. Just too much talent on both sides of the ball for the Tigers.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

dontreply wrote:Burrgites ,get your two bucks out to park don't whine about just get it out!
Nah, I think I'll park in Wendy's lot and walk just like last year. :lol:

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Both teams will be tested and both teams will benefit coming away from this game. I think it will be close but being a Burg boy myself I'm going with Burg...I think thier D steps up and wins it in second half.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Waverly in a thrilling upset

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Easily the biggest game in the area. Burg is a powerhouse but waverly is the new kid on the block it's going to be standing room only and a heck of a ball game I think burg Wins this one 42-21 a couple late scores with make this one look worse than it really was tight game until the 4th

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

To quote good ole JR Jim Ross. This is gonna be a good old-fashioned slobber knocker

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”