SEOPS HO

Re: WK6 Westfall (1-4) @ Piketon (4-1)

Post by smurray »

Go Streaks!

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

This should be a great game. Don't be fooled by the Adena comparison. Westfall has made significant changes to defensive players and I believe they are setup to stop teams much better now. Offensively, Westfall is getting much better each week with the new quarterback. Piketon also has some very dangerous weapons who can stretch the field. I like Westfall by 10 in this one. Should be a good one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Its normally a close game between these 2 schools, especially since Westfall has came down a bit talent wise.

One team is 4-1 and the other is 1-4 for a reason.

I'm going with Piketon in a squeaker!

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Piketon would have the same 3 pre season losses that Westfall has if they played that schedule. You cant throw that random statement out there. No one in the SVC plays a tougher schedule than Westfall. Now, I do think it will be a good game...but spare me the 4-1 record comment.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

ill put zt schedule against westfall, they did scrimmage circleville and played logan elm
mcclain isnt better but waverly is much better than teams wf has played

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

Not a better schedule. I can tell u greenfield is not better than Circleville. Really close schedule strength. Really the point I was making is that every team in the SVC would have fits with the yearly schedule. The piketon fan was making a point that 1-4 vs 4-1 piketon. They don't play a tough schedule.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Agree

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

West fall has played a tougher non league, but like the Adena game, Piketons ability to consistently move the ball through the air will be the difference. West fall has a bunch of yards passing, but having watched them play, it's more of a throw it up and let your receivers make th catch. Pk 32, WF 22

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

svc_guy wrote:Not a better schedule. I can tell u greenfield is not better than Circleville. Really close schedule strength. Really the point I was making is that every team in the SVC would have fits with the yearly schedule. The piketon fan was making a point that 1-4 vs 4-1 piketon. They don't play a tough schedule.
Piketon's schedule (besides Waverly) has been pretty weak thus far and they should be 4-1. Westfall will be extremely ready for any team left on their schedule, if they can win is a different story.

I think this game will be extremely exciting to watch and will likely be a high scoring affair. I have a feeling that this will come down to who has the ball last and special teams.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

If anyone has a copy of the Westfall roster, please pm me. I do the announcing for the Streaks, and we haven't gotten one yet.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mikepike wrote:If anyone has a copy of the Westfall roster, please pm me. I do the announcing for the Streaks, and we haven't gotten one yet.
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/roster.a ... cf3c6dc89c

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Thanks danicalifornia. A co-worker, who happens to be the OC for Paint Valley, brought one to me today.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mikepike wrote:Thanks danicalifornia. A co-worker, who happens to be the OC for Paint Valley, brought one to me today.
No problem. I was about to look it up and type it out to make it easier to read for you.

Hopefully the field holds up and the best team wins tonight. Huge game for the Streaks

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congratulations Piketon, hanging on to win 34-33
Westfall failed on a 2 point conversion with 4 1/2 to play. Piketon picked up be first down before having to punt back to the Mustangs with aroun 2:12 to play. Sounded like Westfall was squandering time and ended up throwing a pick with around .56 to play.

Return to “Football”