Post by mattash »

Thoughts? Big game for both

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WK6 West (2-3) @ Minford (4-1)

Post by Bleeding Red »

If Minford wins the turnover margin I like their chances. Big, big game for both teams playoff hopes.

West has played slightly better competition so far this year and that may be a difference too.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:If Minford wins the turnover margin I like their chances. Big, big game for both teams playoff hopes.

West has played slightly better competition so far this year and that may be a difference too.
Spot on BR, both teams are more then capable of winning this one. West really feeling the injury bug right now though. I think the winner takes this by 6 points or less. For fun I'll take West 13-9. Good luck to both squads.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I think both teams' records are a bit deceiving. Minford has played a very weak schedule but they have won the games. West has a loosing record, but with a little luck could be sitting at 4-1 now.

Raceland was better, but West still did some good things in that game even after loosing the quarterback. As Oak said West has been hit hard by the injury bug all season. I think if this game was played a couple weeks ago I would've said West by a couple touchdowns, but now I don't know. Good thing for West is they've already played 2 spread teams and have defended it fairly well.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I see this going 1 of 2 ways. 1. tight game, flip a coin. 2. Minford statement game.

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

West lost the Sophmore qb who had a great year. Won't be close now. 35-6 Minford

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:West lost the Sophmore qb who had a great year. Won't be close now. 35-6 Minford
West didn't loose that bad to Raceland. Raceland is much better than Minford

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

Oak wrote:
Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:West lost the Sophmore qb who had a great year. Won't be close now. 35-6 Minford
They lost there best player though. Out for the year. I hope they do win it helps the Trojans

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I remember a few years ago, West had injuries and not that great of a record. Minford came into that game as a heavy favorite and everyone thought the Falcons would have an easy night. West came out of the gate and kept running power sweeps and ate Minford alive on the edge. West won the game in a convincing manner. Hopefully, Minford has learned from their past history with West and knows this game will be a slobber knocker and will most likely be decided in the final minutes.

I'm taking the Falcons by a TD.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I didnt know that they lost their QB. Sorry to hear and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

With that in mind, it will make a difference in the game. Minford seems to have gotten the turnover bug under control which seemed to be the achilles heel vs Rock Hill and Oak Hill. Who knows how the Rock Hill game would have turned out if Minford had not shot themselves in the foot so many times.

West has played a tougher schedule so far, but wins are wins and loses are still loses. Lots of variables Friday night but both teams will come out ready to play and expect to win.

If Minford won by 21, West by 24 or a low scoring game, none would surprise me. I just know the winner is in the driver's seat for a 6-8 seed in Region 19 and the loser has to win one or both of the Waverly and Burg games to get back in the hunt.

I expect a great game and hopefully injury free on both sides of the field.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I will take Minford 24-14.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

West usually plays Minford tough.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Falcons by 6.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Even though West comes into this game at 2-3 don't over look them. This is the youngest team in the SOC and they will flat get after it on defense. Minford is not going have anything that the young West team has not already seen. They played a very very good Raceland team pretty tough last week. This team could very easily be 4-1. I'm going with West in this one.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Game day wrote:West usually plays Minford tough.
Usually? West has dominated the life time series, not that any of that will matter Friday night.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Oaf wrote:
Usually? West has dominated the life time series, not that any of that will matter Friday night.
Homer! :lol: :lol:

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

vladimir wrote:I remember a few years ago, West had injuries and not that great of a record. Minford came into that game as a heavy favorite and everyone thought the Falcons would have an easy night. West came out of the gate and kept running power sweeps and ate Minford alive on the edge. West won the game in a convincing manner. Hopefully, Minford has learned from their past history with West and knows this game will be a slobber knocker and will most likely be decided in the final minutes.

Yes this is somewhat concerning, because our defense on the edge has been suspect at times.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Homer! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

NewEra wrote:
vladimir wrote:I remember a few years ago, West had injuries and not that great of a record. Minford came into that game as a heavy favorite and everyone thought the Falcons would have an easy night. West came out of the gate and kept running power sweeps and ate Minford alive on the edge. West won the game in a convincing manner. Hopefully, Minford has learned from their past history with West and knows this game will be a slobber knocker and will most likely be decided in the final minutes.

Yes this is somewhat concerning, because our defense on the edge has been suspect at times.
I'm not buying West is beat up and down to 2nd and 3rd string skill position players. Methinks they're playing opossum like they were 2013 and ready to smack Minford in the mouth when a 2-3 West team beat a 5-0 Minford team 35-28. It's the beginning of SOCII play and I expect nothing less, so Minford better have their chin straps fastened tight.

In 2013, I believe it was the Journey kid that ran sweeps all over the Falcons. I was having nightmares of student body right and left power sweeps in my sleep for weeks after that game. The Falcons do have two good DEs with Compton and Thurman. The CBs, OLBs, Safties filling the lanes are going to have to step up and make plays on the edge.
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:
Oak wrote:
They lost there best player though. Out for the year. I hope they do win it helps the Trojans
They lost him in the first quarter against Raceland and still played a good game against a good team.

Return to “Football”