Waverly 47 Valley 0

toast
All State

Waverly 47 Valley 0

Post by toast »

One of my favorite places to watch a high school football game…absolutely beautiful!

Valley is making progress and continues to play hard. They have a nice mix of youth and veteran players. Waverly better not get caught looking ahead. For the first time this season we might just get some cooler weather for Friday night football.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: Wk 6: Waverly (5-0) @ Valley (0-5)

Post by Rolltanks »

To make this easy I'll post one more time on the waverly Tigers. Every thread about there games along with burg will be the same this year. Total domination until they play each other. Every week the same. I'll take burg over waverly this year. Waverly goes 9-1 makes playoffs in the hardest region in d4 imo. Good luck in the post season.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Wk 6: Waverly (5-0) @ Valley (0-5)

Post by Bleeding Red »

Waverly in a route.

This seems to be the most talented, athletic team Waverly has put on the field in years. Exact opposite for Valley.

Abe Froman
S

Re: WK6 Waverly (5-0) @ Valley (0-5)

Post by Abe Froman »

Waverly adds one more to their perfect season, before adding one loss to their season in Week 7.

Finishes 9-1 and then hope you do not draw Clinton Massie in Week 11.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Word of caution Tiger fans. Minford and the Siders might have a say if Waverly is to finish 9-1 or better. Take it one game at a time and stay classy.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote:Word of caution Tiger fans. Minford and the Siders might have a say if Waverly is to finish 9-1 or better. Take it one game at a time and stay classy.
I don't think anybody from Waverly is overlooking anyone, not Valley, not West, not Minford and not River valley.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

At least they haven't been talking about playing a team not even on their schedule. No, I don't think they are looking ahead....as some teams are. ;-) On a another note, I think I will be able to attend the game this Friday.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

smurray wrote:
Omega wrote:Word of caution Tiger fans. Minford and the Siders might have a say if Waverly is to finish 9-1 or better. Take it one game at a time and stay classy.
I don't think anybody from Waverly is overlooking anyone, not Valley, not West, not Minford and not River valley.
I agree. We're not in a position to overlook anyone. I don't even want to think about the trip to Minford. And we know West will be a battle. I'm also hearing Valley is getting better every game and has changed up some personnel. One game at a time!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Waverly 60
Valley 7

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

Waverly 63
Valley 6 (jv's finally get scored on)

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Those aren't Waverly folks posting those scores. Waverly hasn't scored 60 yet so I don't look for it to happen AT Valley.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

It is really hard to score 60 even on a bad team. You would have to be almost perfect on every possession because with the running clock there just isn't much time left. Most teams put the subs in with a running clock. Even against the other team's subs, the subs just aren't polished enough to be perfect in that shortened quarter.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Valley knew this year was coming. They are depleted of talent from that class last year. They should have gave their underclassmen plenty of experience last year to have them ready for this year. They will be lucky to win one game this year. Waverly big in this one

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Has Valley really ever had to rebuild? I know they struggled after their 2005 playoff run but that struggle didn't last long (maybe 2 or 3 years). Valley has always been successful since Crabtree took over, this is just a down year and valley has been fortunate enough in years past to reload. This is new to the valley faithful but I can see Valley being back in the swing of things within a couple of years.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Waverly will keep it classy, as Valley has done in the past. I would say this game's final is 42-7 or 49-14. By the way, Waverly has not defeated Valley since 2007. Waverly defeated them 37-7 and that Waverly team was loaded while Valley was on the rebound (only went 4-6 in 2007).

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

AllAboutTheU wrote:Has Valley really ever had to rebuild? I know they struggled after their 2005 playoff run but that struggle didn't last long (maybe 2 or 3 years). Valley has always been successful since Crabtree took over, this is just a down year and valley has been fortunate enough in years past to reload. This is new to the valley faithful but I can see Valley being back in the swing of things within a couple of years.
Crabtree has always had been backed with outstanding Offensive Coordinators that is no longer there. Which someone is going to have to step up and play that role ...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It wouldn't matter who is running that offense this year.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I have been impressed with shope running the offense but without 22 they have no serious threat

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Another long night IMO for the Indians. Waverly by at least 35

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Waverly has a very good team and will win this game by 4-5 TDs. Some of Valley's younger players are getting better but #22 being hurt is a huge blow to the struggling Valley offense.

One thing that blows my mind about message board guy is how they suddenly become smarter and more aware of personnel than a coach that has won more SOC and playoff games than anyone in the history of the league.

Thinking that playing any of these players more last year would be of benefit is clueless. Getting onto the field is earned and the under class men that did play were out there for a reason. The junior and senior classes have also played more JV games than probably anyone in program history. They have played... It wouldn't change their Friday night performance. The biggest difference in the Valley improvement is the experience of the sophomores. They were not ready to be on a varsity field last year, especially when you are competing for SOC titles and playoff victories.

And it wouldn't matter if Tom Herman were calling the plays, when you don't have the guys to block and skill guys to make plays. It is getting better, but this is a growing year for the sophomores and hopefully freshman.

Return to “Football”