Nelsonville-York 47 Meigs 6

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: WK6 Meigs (3-2) @ Nelsonville-York (3-2)

Post by Ground Buck »

I have nothing bad to say about NY, especially since Mount has born with Meigs County Blood in him. Great athlete and great kid.
I sure hope the coaches think Mount is all NY has. It will get even uglier, even earlier if they do. The A-Train will be rolling through long about 7:35 Friday night. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Ground Buck wrote:
I have nothing bad to say about NY, especially since Mount has born with Meigs County Blood in him. Great athlete and great kid.
I sure hope the coaches think Mount is all NY has. It will get even uglier, even earlier if they do. The A-Train will be rolling through long about 7:35 Friday night. :mrgreen:
Oh does it say anything in between the lines that I or possibly even the Coaches think Mount is the only thing they have, I sure don't see it, he is the only one I know that has ties to Meigs County.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

ma77ox wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
Oh does it say anything in between the lines that I or possibly even the Coaches think Mount is the only thing they have, I sure don't see it, he is the only one I know that has ties to Meigs County.
You certainly are walking on egg shells aren't you. You must not want to stir up the hornets nest. :lol:

FEARthe3! :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Ground Buck wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
You certainly are walking on egg shells aren't you. You must not want to stir up the hornets nest. :lol:

FEARthe3! :mrgreen:
Really not sure that a discussion on SEOP is gonna stir up a hornets nest among players on a High School football field...but your attempts of trying to analyze my every post, sure is funny.

And you say "Fear The 3" What about the other 8 on that field with those 3?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Kid needs to go play in his sandbox. I think this form of social media is just too much for you to handle.

Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

Should be a good game, got to give the edge to the Buckeyes, Meigs is down with a huge part of their entire scheme with Bartrum out, but the Buckeyes are in for a dogfight! Probably the best game in the area, but what do I know I am new to this, good luck to Coach Bartrum and Coach Richards and their teams.

oldgrumpy
Riding the Bench

Post by oldgrumpy »

bucks big! glad to hear bartrum is able to play

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Its close at the half, 14-7 buckeyes. NY makes better adjustments and wins the second half. Final 34-14 Buckeyes

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

This really does come down to which Meigs team shows up. The 1st Half Team or the 2nd Half Team.

Interesting Stats for the last 2 games:

1st Half Meigs Offense
12 Possessions 7 Touchdowns 0 Turnovers

1st Half Meigs Defense
10 Possessions 0 Touchdowns

2nd Half Meigs Offense
13 Possessions 3 Touchdowns 6 Turnovers

2nd Half Meigs Defense
10 Possessions 8 Touchdowns

If Meigs can play a complete game they will easily win this game and several more.

I said in another post that in 5 ball games, Meigs has only given up 14 points in the 1st Half and those were to Amanda Clearcreek. We aren't as bad as most people think we are. I hate to use the injury bug as an excuse, but we have had some players that have played the 1st half, and then not come back out the 2nd half because of Injuries. And it hurts when the injuries are mostly hitting our already little linebackers, We have safeties and cornerbacks having to play the linebacker position and with being that outsized it's been a struggle stopping the run.

Anyways, I can see some changes being made for this week, We are gonna be more geared to stop the run. Don't know how we will do, but we won't be beat by the pass...Stack that box and make them beat us with the pass. I don't think we have given up 250 passing yards combined all season and 160 of those was Yates.

Not sure why I even post this, just amazed of the difference from the 1st half stats to the 2nd half...One thing is for certain...When we have came back after the break, neither side of the ball has came out of the locker room...lol

That changes this week:

Meigs 33
NY 28

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Meigs might just surprise the cocky nutboys, look for a close game and a lot depends on mistakes and injuries!

Meigs 21

Nutboys 17

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

moonshine wrote:Meigs might just surprise the cocky nutboys, look for a close game and a lot depends on mistakes and injuries!

Meigs 21

Nutboys 17
Our boys aren't cocky. They are humble and work their butts off......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Orange and Brown wrote:
moonshine wrote:Meigs might just surprise the cocky nutboys, look for a close game and a lot depends on mistakes and injuries!

Meigs 21

Nutboys 17
That normally what happens after a big win! Be careful this could be a trap game!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

moonshine wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Meigs 21

Nutboys 17
That normally what happens after a big win! Be careful this could be a trap game!
Coach Richards has them focused on Megs.
1 game at a time.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Southernpride69
Waterboy

Post by Southernpride69 »

NY is going to run all over Meigs. Meigs can't stop the run especially with that brute Andrews running the ball he is going to lower his shoulder and punish people. And mount is going to use the speed to run all over Meigs as well.
NY-56
Meigs-0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

It's GAMEDAY Buckeyes!

Time to defend our turf and dish out a little revenge!
Leave it all on the field men!
GO BUCKS GO!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Nelsonville-York by 2 TDs at home on homecoming.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

ma77ox wrote:
Ironman99 wrote:Sad to hear bartrum still out for maybe the entire season he is a huge loss
What is sadder is that you have inside connections and you come and post stuff in here for everyone to read instead of keeping it confidential.
Didn't you just post something about bartrum being back? So much for confidentiality.. lol

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Resurgent_Thinker wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Ironman99 wrote:Sad to hear bartrum still out for maybe the entire season he is a huge loss
What is sadder is that you have inside connections and you come and post stuff in here for everyone to read instead of keeping it confidential.
Didn't you just post something about bartrum being back? So much for confidentiality.. lol
No Cody Bartrum isn't back, I said Bartrum was back, could have meant Coach Bartrum or younger brother Zach Bartrum, but everyone jumped and assumed I was talking of Cody.

When Cody first got injured, I tried to keep it off the boards, cause I know coaches do come on here and yes, believe it or not, finding out stuff like key injuries can change game plans.

Say that Andrews or Mount was hurt in practice on Monday, then some parent or fan comes on here talking about it, you don't think that will get back to Meigs kids and to coaches...Game Plans can change if the injuries are bad enough.

So my biggest reason was to say Bartrum was back to see how long it would take Ironman99 (I believe has family on team, but has a problem with coaching staff at Meigs) So anytime he has a chance to bash Meigs or tell the inside stuff, he does.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

If that's the case, that's dirty, but at the same time, if a coach hops on the boards and bases their game plan on hear say and speculation from a sports chat forum , then the coach needs to be re evaluated.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Resurgent_Thinker wrote:If that's the case, that's dirty, but at the same time, if a coach hops on the boards and bases their game plan on hear say and speculation from a sports chat forum , then the coach needs to be re evaluated.
I wouldn't think a Coach would come on here and base game planning off of this forum, but kids do come on here, friends of the coaches and they see it and then they can go find out through many outlets if it's true.

When Ironman99 posted about Cody's injury at the time, nobody but players and coaches knew it...Not only did Ironman post about it, you have a teacher at meigs posting on here about seeing him in his boot and using his little cart...No point on coming on here and posting all that...Pretty sure word got back to VC early in the week. And they could have easily seen it on here.

Just don't agree with insiders having personal issues with coaches and running to here and badmouthing or discussing injuries.

Return to “Football”