Fort Frye 53 Frontier 0

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye 53 Frontier 0

Post by EasternDspy »

It's Homecoming for the Cadets. Casey Lewis has proved while he's one the best players in this region. He has almost surpassed his total from last year. So far in 5 games 84 carries 946 Yards 14 tds 11.3 yards per carry 182 yards a game.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Re: WK 6: Frontier (0-5) @ Fort Frye (5-0)

Post by MeyerSpread »

Good week for Fort Frye to get healthy, get back to the basics and work on fundamentals. Get up quick and let the younger kids get some action.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Waterford was beating Frontier (42-0) early 2nd tonight.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets also have a 17 game reg season win streak.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

11.3 yards per carry is amazing and one would assume that will go up a bit this week!

17 games has to be the record?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MeyerSpread wrote:11.3 yards per carry is amazing and one would assume that will go up a bit this week!

17 games has to be the record?

Sorry meant 17 game reg season win streak. I'm sure Monroe or Caldwell have done that before.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets need to protect the football.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Winless Monroe Central put 20 points on the board last week. Not meaning to take away from the Seminoles in any way, but I hope the Cadets are determined to be better than that.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote:Winless Monroe Central put 20 points on the board last week. Not meaning to take away from the Seminoles in any way, but I hope the Cadets are determined to be better than that.

The turnovers set Noles up. Cadets out gained them by 300 yards.

Moe
Waterboy

Post by Moe »

Fort is having trouble with turnovers and it is not a new problem. As good as Lewis is, last Friday was the first game he did not have at least 1 fumble. They need to work on that. I think this was Lochary's first turnover, lets hope it isnt a future problem.

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Re: WK6 Frontier (0-5) @ Fort Frye (5-0)

Post by Lindy »

I just hope Buckeye Trail wins so week 7 is set up for the PVC championship. Frontier is a year away, I am going to stop in Marietta and watch them and Cambridge!

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote:
efarns wrote:Winless Monroe Central put 20 points on the board last week. Not meaning to take away from the Seminoles in any way, but I hope the Cadets are determined to be better than that.

Turnovers, and some big plays; They're playing pretty well. I'd just like to see them start to lock some teams down.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:

Turnovers, and some big plays; They're playing pretty well. I'd just like to see them start to lock some teams down.

Garrett is an elite corner he's started since he was a freshman and probably allowed like 4 tds his whole career and he let up 2 vs Monroe Central. I think it was fluke and would be shocked if he lets one up this week.

Moe
Waterboy

Post by Moe »

From what I have seen from Fort this year they seem to only play as strong as they have too. It appears to be based on the level of the team they are playing against. Waterford has given them the toughest game of the season and Fort really stepped up in the second half because they had too. I think this is one of the best overall teams Fort has ever had and they have the capability to do great things but every player needs to step up and play like each game is the championship. I would still like to see the passing game pick up. Engle is showing a lot of maturity for only a second year quarterback and Carpenter is not being utilized to his potential. There is no question that Lewis is doing a great job of running the ball and Lochary is gaining some yardage along with a nice job by Stewart last week. But I still think the coaches need to mix it up a little more with some passes thrown in. With Baker being out for an undetermined amount of time, coaches are going to begin to key in even more on the Fort running game. Throw some passes to keep the other teams guessing. Bradford should be a great addition to make some key plays. The Fort defense has been overall strong this year, unfortunately it seems like when they have made a mistake it has been a costly one. EasternDspy I think you are right with Lochary last week, let's see what happens this week.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Moe wrote:From what I have seen from Fort this year they seem to only play as strong as they have too. It appears to be based on the level of the team they are playing against. Waterford has given them the toughest game of the season and Fort really stepped up in the second half because they had too. I think this is one of the best overall teams Fort has ever had and they have the capability to do great things but every player needs to step up and play like each game is the championship. I would still like to see the passing game pick up. Engle is showing a lot of maturity for only a second year quarterback and Carpenter is not being utilized to his potential. There is no question that Lewis is doing a great job of running the ball and Lochary is gaining some yardage along with a nice job by Stewart last week. But I still think the coaches need to mix it up a little more with some passes thrown in. With Baker being out for an undetermined amount of time, coaches are going to begin to key in even more on the Fort running game. Throw some passes to keep the other teams guessing. Bradford should be a great addition to make some key plays. The Fort defense has been overall strong this year, unfortunately it seems like when they have made a mistake it has been a costly one. EasternDspy I think you are right with Lochary last week, let's see what happens this week.

I agree with all of this. It is hard to get movtivated when deep down you know you'll win by 3 tds most weeks. I think as we get closer to playoff time they will get more zoned in. I think Week 7 atmosphere could be the best thing for this team it's the perfect game at the perfect to get them ready for playoffs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

69 yard Td pass Engle to Casey Lewis

7-0 Fort.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1 run Td by Lochary

13-0 Fort.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

19-0 Fort on a Casey Lewis punt return.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

33-0 in the pouring rain at half.

Lewis Punt Return Td, Rushing Td, Rec Td
Lochary 2 Rushing tds.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Sloppy conditions the Cadets did what you're supposed to vs an (0/5) team it's 53-0 in 4th.

Return to “Football”