Freshman Team

Ironton 28 Chesapeake 12

Post by tigerpower89 »

Thoughts on this one both teams are 2-0 in league play

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Re: Week 6: (5-0) Chesapeake @ (2-3) Ironton

Post by ELChapo »

Should be an interesting game. Depends on which Tiger team shows up.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Chesapeake should roll again

ROLL PEAKE
Cgdude
Waterboy

Post by Cgdude »

It's already over . Peake picks the score

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

This is going to be the Game of the Year thus far in the OVC. The Tigers and The Peake at Tanks Stadium!!! The two most proven programs, most proven coaches, and two of the most talented teams. It's going to come down to Ironton's line play. Can they play the full 4 quarters? Will the stay on their blocks and finish plays? If they can, I believe Ironton by 7. Go Tigers!!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The game of the year was played tonight and Chesapeake won. Ironton's two wins were over two teams that will not compete in the OVC this season. Chesapeake has the upper hand in this one with their victory over a good CG team. I agree with El Chapo. Which Ironton team will show up next Friday? The one that quits when things don't go their way or the one that should be capable of rolling over their opponents with no looking back? Many questions will be answered this coming Friday.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

79Tiger wrote:The game of the year was played tonight and Chesapeake won. Ironton's two wins were over two teams that will not compete in the OVC this season. Chesapeake has the upper hand in this one with their victory over a good CG team. I agree with El Chapo. Which Ironton team will show up next Friday? The one that quits when things don't go their way or the one that should be capable of rolling over their opponents with no looking back? Many questions will be answered this coming Friday.
The defending OVC Champs against a solid Chesapeake team. Ironton has played twice the opponents thus far. You don't see any other OVC teams playing Russell, Ashland, and Wheelersburg. If so, they would probably all be 2-3.

Chesapeake's opponents - Oak Hill 2-3, Alexander 1-4, Symmes Valley 1-4, Gallia Academy 0-5, Coal Grove 3-1. Weak schedule but a decent win vs. Oak Hill and solid 21 point win over CG.

Coal Grove's opponents -Valley 0-5, South Point 0-5, West 2-3, and Chesapeake 5-0. Very weak schedule outaide of a loss to Chesy.

Ironton has played Burg 5-0, Russell 4-1, Ashland 3-2, Fairland 0-5, and South Point 0-5.

Ironton definitely played the toughest non-league, could have and should have beaten Russell, and again WE are defending OVC Champs. All of the OVC teams would struggle against our schedule. I'd say the game Friday is definitely is the Game of the Season in the OVC. Again, Ironton's line is the question. They have talent, but do the have the desire to play 4 quarters at a high level? If so, they can win --and don't forget we are playing in the TANK!!! Go Tigers!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If comes down to coaching I will take the peak. If Ironton gets their butt kicked again at Tanks it will be a long season.

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty »

Peake 47
Tigers 7

michiganlafon
Waterboy

Post by michiganlafon »

ravensfan9 wrote:
79Tiger wrote:The game of the year was played tonight and Chesapeake won. Ironton's two wins were over two teams that will not compete in the OVC this season. Chesapeake has the upper hand in this one with their victory over a good CG team. I agree with El Chapo. Which Ironton team will show up next Friday? The one that quits when things don't go their way or the one that should be capable of rolling over their opponents with no looking back? Many questions will be answered this coming Friday.
The defending OVC Champs against a solid Chesapeake team. Ironton has played twice the opponents thus far. You don't see any other OVC teams playing Russell, Ashland, and Wheelersburg. If so, they would probably all be 2-3.

Chesapeake's opponents - Oak Hill 2-3, Alexander 1-4, Symmes Valley 1-4, Gallia Academy 0-5, Coal Grove 3-1. Weak schedule but a decent win vs. Oak Hill and solid 21 point win over CG.

Coal Grove's opponents -Valley 0-5, South Point 0-5, West 2-3, and Chesapeake 5-0. Very weak schedule outaide of a loss to Chesy.

Ironton has played Burg 5-0, Russell 4-1, Ashland 3-2, Fairland 0-5, and South Point 0-5.

Ironton definitely played the toughest non-league, could have and should have beaten Russell, and again WE are defending OVC Champs. All of the OVC teams would struggle against our schedule. I'd say the game Friday is definitely is the Game of the Season in the OVC. Again, Ironton's line is the question. They have talent, but do the have the desire to play 4 quarters at a high level? If so, they can win --and don't forget we are playing in the TANK!!! Go Tigers!
Ironton was not competitive at all in the burg game and ashland and russell are both not that great they are combined 5-3 in Ky if you take the ironton wins away. I cant see ironton beating coal grove or chesapeake for sure and they may not beat portsmouth or rock hill either. The speed chesapeake has is incredible and I dont see them losing in the conference

Chesapeake and coal grove might have played a lesser schedule but they also beat those teams bad like they are supposed to. And if they played Ironton schedule chesapeake would be 4-1 in my opinion. Wheelersburg is the best team in southern ohio

michiganlafon
Waterboy

Post by michiganlafon »

I think the score is somewhere along the lines of

Chesapeake 35
Ironton 14

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

All I can say is if Ironton has any hopes in this game they had better be in great cardio shape, because after watching the Panthers last night they seem to get stronger as the game goes on. Also they better be able to hope to contain #4 because at this level, he is one gigantic game changer.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NUFF SAID. PROVE IT ON THE FIELD. THE BETTER TEAM WILL PREVIAL 79.BOTH TEAMS ARE UNBEATEN IN LEAGUE PLAY. THE TIGERS ARE UNBEATEN IN LEAGUE PLAY FROM THEIR INITIAL OVC GAME. THE PANTHERS ARE UNBEATEN LEAGUE AND OTHERWISE. AND ONE THINGS FOR SURE SATURDAY MORNING. ONE OF THEM WILL HAVE THEIR FIRST LEAGUE LOSS IN THE RACE FOR THE OVC CROWN.------------------------------ ANOTHER LEAGUE GAME OF THE WEEK WILL BE THE GROVERS/PANTHERS----- THAT SHOULD BE ROCK'M SOCK'M AS WELL. ANOTHER LEAGUE LEADER IS ROCK HILL, AND THEY PLAY THE POINTERSBUT THE FOLLOWING WEEK PLAY IRONTON. THE PRESSURE IS BUILDING AND THE CROCK POT WILL START SCREAMING. THIS IS GONNA BE FUN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ravensfan9 wrote:

another great point. I know we schedule em. but they also beat us. and that can't continue to happen in tiger town. ironton's schedule has never really been an issue before.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you all may not believe this but I'm taking the FIGHTING TIGERS in a big statement game in the OVC, and still at the top of that mountain. 28-21 is Ole Bait's prediction. and since I found out we got a good soccer kicker. I spect we'll make all our extra points as well. BIG SHOCKER TO A BUNCH OF PEOPLE IN PURPLE FRIDAY NIGHT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AND HOPEFULLY A LIVELY WEEK AMONGST TIGER/PANTHER FANS HERE. THESE NEW RIVALRIES ARE GREAT.

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

Good luck YTB on your prediction. I dont expect it to come down to your kicker tho. Im going with Panthers and their kicker 34-23

michiganlafon
Waterboy

Post by michiganlafon »

chesapeake will have to play perfect the flags will be flying against the peake on friday. best team doesnt always win AT IRONTON. usually have to beat the team and the refs

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE HOSS. EVERYTIME A BIG GAME COMES UP IN THE TANK THIS GETS SAID. THE FACT IS IT'S ALWAYS BEEN HARD TO WIN THERE.

michiganlafon
Waterboy

Post by michiganlafon »

yelp my point exactly

Return to “Football”