Minford 49 Williamsburg 28

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Minford 49 Williamsburg 28

Post by Bleeding Red »

Both teams at 3-1 on the year.

Minford beat PV handily which is the only common opponent in a shoot out. I'm not sure what Williamsburg brings to the table, but Minford is a solid team if they take care of the ball and not let games turn into a turnover fest.

The hour and a half bus ride might be tiresome for the Minford squad, so hopefully they are up for the challenge and come out strong.

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: WEEK 5: Minford vs Williamsburg

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Minford I feel is a more complete team, a long bus drive can weaken legs.

I'll take the Dirty Birds 28-7.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I do know that this Williamsburg team has a very athletic QB. Probably will be the best Minford has seen this year.

This Falcons team is getting better each week. Minford wins this one.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Minford 24
Williamsburg 17

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Isn't this the same school that produced that Bainum kid who set the state record for rushing yards in a game, season and career back in 2010? He ran the ball like 40 times a game. Minford wins 42-14. I don't think Williamsburg has the depth, size or speed to match Minford.

Roy rogers
Waterboy

Post by Roy rogers »

I have taken in two of Minfords games and I dont see the speed marshallman talks about all the time. what i hear is that qb from williamsburg can throw and run with not much to go with it. Two games I watched was against running teams so has the secondary been tested yet? The area is weak in football this year with the exception of two or three team. IMO

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Yeah, I watched Minford against RH and OH. RH was bigger and faster. OH was just faster. Minford doesn't have great speed or size. But I still think they win in a close one.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Mailman wrote:Yeah, I watched Minford against RH and OH. RH was bigger and faster. OH was just faster. Minford doesn't have great speed or size. But I still think they win in a close one.
I feel like the Oak Hill game was a product of a group of kids who are young and 0-1/unsure of themselves. I think if Minford played Oak Hill again it would be a 3 score game, now that the Falcons have found themselves so to speak, I look for them to be 6-1 heading into Wheelersburg. One thing is for certain, Special Teams play needs to get better, it hasn't been average the first 4 weeks, and that is saying it lightly.

Roy rogers
Waterboy

Post by Roy rogers »

I think when conference games get here things will be figured out who is gonna make a run. wheelersburg vs waverly is the game this year , dont see minford , west and valley competing with those two, west could possibly pull the upset due to their physical nature against waverly , but i think waverly is just too athletic this year. look foward to conference games.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Mailman wrote:Yeah, I watched Minford against RH and OH. RH was bigger and faster. OH was just faster. Minford doesn't have great speed or size. But I still think they win in a close one.
Rock Hill was bigger and stronger up front. Minford should have loaded the box and dared RH to throw the ball (which is exactly how PHS came back to beat RH).

Not sure what game you were watching, Minford was much faster and quicker than The Oaks. Oaks might have been beefier on the line but that was about it. Turnovers made that a close game.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Good luck to the falcons this week!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Roy rogers wrote:I have taken in two of Minfords games and I dont see the speed marshallman talks about all the time. what i hear is that qb from williamsburg can throw and run with not much to go with it. Two games I watched was against running teams so has the secondary been tested yet? The area is weak in football this year with the exception of two or three team. IMO
Rogers, I don't talk about Minford speed all the time just against Williamsburg I mentioned. Minford is 3x SOC track champions the last 4 years and runner-up last year and they all play football so yea there is speed there. Paint Valley tested the secondary and so did OH both wins.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Anyone know of any livestream broadcasts of this game in that area?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

49-28. Minford had 3 TDs called back and called off the dogs early. Score could have easily been 63-15. Great job Minford coming up with a convincing win after a long road trip. Minford did a great job holding their composure on the road after fisticuffs starting flying from Williamsburg in the 4th. Dirty team, but hey it's get us ready for them Siders!!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Roy rogers
Waterboy

Post by Roy rogers »

Congrats to falcons . And yes marshallman you do ! And there is a difference between track speed and football speed and to say oak hill and paint valley tested there secondary sorry those are not passing attacks . :lol:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

This one could go either way! Not much love lost between these two. Just for the sake of consistency, I'll take West in a drag off:)

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

How was the Special Teams play for the Falcons?

fbfan
Waterboy

Post by fbfan »

I'm not sure which game you were watching?? Score was 28-15 at half, 35-22 with 11 minutes to go in game?? Minford scored 2 late by your starting RB #30?? So sir you are wrong or just trying to make yourself look better or something?

ps. as far as dirty, your team is one that had player ejected for punching someone??

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

With 2 TDs called back in the 1st half alone due to phantom holding calls, and one in the 3rd? The most notable was the one right before half that would have made the score 35-15. Also, it wasn't late scores by #30 in the 4th. He scored with 8:14 left, and the next was a 1st-down, 51-yard run with 7:15 left in the game (49-22). That's two TDs in less than a minute of play. BTW, #30 rushed for 155-yards with over 7:00 left in the 4th alone.

In regards to the ejected player, that was a retaliation penalty after he was being punched and kicked in the back at the bottom of the pile. It's the guy who retaliates is the one who usually get caught, and that's what happened here.

I will say there were several times the Falcon DBs had chances at pick 6s but dropped the ball, 2 on the drive that ended up in a TD. Gotta make those plays boys in SOCII play.

fbfan
Waterboy

Post by fbfan »

You my man are a bafoon. There was 1 TD called back in 1st half on clear clip in front of umpire, so you can exaggerate as you want. "not even a game (35-22 with 10 min to go)" and "Minford did good job keeping their cool vs dirty team (our kid only got ejected because he retaliated when fists started flying lololol)" "Minford called the dogs off early (but yet your starting RB is scoring 2 TDS with under 8 min to go in the game????)You are a would of, could of, should of guy for sure. Fact is Williamsburg is down this year and Minford not much better. Wheelersburg will prove that I believe. But Im sure you will have excuses why that happens when it does.

Return to “Football”