Buckeye Trail 39 Meadowbrook 38

Pvcfan20
Waterboy

Buckeye Trail 39 Meadowbrook 38

Post by Pvcfan20 »

Trail looking good after their win against Barnsville, can they pull off another one?

Froggy801
Waterboy

Re: (1-3) Meadowbrook @ (3-1) Buckeye Trail

Post by Froggy801 »

Probably gonna be the most athletic team trail will face. Meadowbrook being a D4 team would be huge for trail to beat them. Trails offense right now is almost unstoppable and the defense proved that they can stop a great rb (in the second half) but the defense is what won trail the game. Trails defense will be what wins this game
Trail 40
Meadowbrook 20

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I got Trail 42-28

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

I went and watched Buckeye Trail play Barnesville I am shocked how you can say their defense is what will win them games. Their offense is pretty good, their defense seemed to have problems tackling and lots of other things that need fixed. Granted Bunfield is very good but he hasn't ran like that on any other defense this year. So the other three defenses that Barnesville faced were better than Buckeye Trail? I doubt that. Buckeye Trail has good players but their defense is struggling and their offense bails them out. Schematics did not stop Bunfield but fatigue did. I still think Buckeye Trail has to show they can do it again and not sure they will this week. They are coming off an emotional win and will be hard to come back down to earth. Will have prediction later on in the week.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Lindy wrote:I went and watched Buckeye Trail play Barnesville I am shocked how you can say their defense is what will win them games. Their offense is pretty good, their defense seemed to have problems tackling and lots of other things that need fixed. Granted Bunfield is very good but he hasn't ran like that on any other defense this year. So the other three defenses that Barnesville faced were better than Buckeye Trail? I doubt that. Buckeye Trail has good players but their defense is struggling and their offense bails them out. Schematics did not stop Bunfield but fatigue did. I still think Buckeye Trail has to show they can do it again and not sure they will this week. They are coming off an emotional win and will be hard to come back down to earth. Will have prediction later on in the week.
Based off of Friday's game totally get where your coming from. I think a lot of the respect for Trails defense comes from the Ridgewood game. I know that Barnesville put up 50 on Trail and Ridgewood only 21, but I still consider Ridgewood having a better offense. Football comes down to matchups though. Perhaps Barnesville exploited a weakness in Trail better than Ridgewood did. That would make sense considering all Ridgewood would have had to work with in preparation was scrimmage tapes, meanwhile Barnesville actually gets to see games. And if they could find anything that Caldwell or Frontier happened to be successful with against Trail then surely Barnesville could exploit it severely. As per the Meadowbrook game, I do NOT think it is as simple as "Trail>Barnesville Barnesville>Meadowbrook, therefore, Trail>Meadowbrook. However, I would go with Trail in this one in a very close game. Not sure if it will be high scoring or low scoring, but I'm going with a full four quarter football game.

Thereddragin
Riding the Bench

Post by Thereddragin »

Barnesville came out and blasted Trail in the face in the 1st qtr. Turnovers really helped with that. Second quarter on Trail gained their composure and only allowed 16 pts. I really think the first quarter was an anomaly rather than the standard... plus Bunfill is the real deal.

I don't see Trail coming out slow against Meadowbrook. I see Trail scoring quick and often. Meadowbrook has real athletes with a good offense. I just don't see the Colts scoring as often as the Warriors... go TRAIL

rubberchicken
Waterboy

Post by rubberchicken »

Ridgewood turned the ball over 5 times against Trail. Wood defense held Trail to 14 yards on 33 carries. Trail was 5-12 passing for 47 yds and 2 INT's. That's a total of 61 TOTAL yards....Lets not get carried away with the Trail played Ridgewood tough comments.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What happens when Trail plays another team that will pound it on them?

Thereddragin
Riding the Bench

Post by Thereddragin »

rubberchicken wrote:Ridgewood turned the ball over 5 times against Trail. Wood defense held Trail to 14 yards on 33 carries. Trail was 5-12 passing for 47 yds and 2 INT's. That's a total of 61 TOTAL yards....Lets not get carried away with the Trail played Ridgewood tough comments.
Chicken...
I think when people say they played Wood tough they are referring to defensively.... 225 yards allowed and 5 turn overs forced....

The Wood shUT down Trails O no doubt... The Wood is the real deal team... as I've said b4.... finAL 8 team in DV... if not for Wheelersburg being in the same region I'd say right now they win the region.... that my friends is gonna be a great game!

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

rubberchicken wrote:Ridgewood turned the ball over 5 times against Trail. Wood defense held Trail to 14 yards on 33 carries. Trail was 5-12 passing for 47 yds and 2 INT's. That's a total of 61 TOTAL yards....Lets not get carried away with the Trail played Ridgewood tough comments.
Offensively obviously not, I don't think anyone has said Trails offense looked good against Ridgewood. Turnovers caused by the D or by sloppy O, I don't care..if your a d7 school that went 3-7 last season and you hold a potential d5 final four team to 21 points...you played tough on D.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Thereddragin wrote:
Chicken...
I think when people say they played Wood tough they are referring to defensively.... 225 yards allowed and 5 turn overs forced....

The Wood shUT down Trails O no doubt... The Wood is the real deal team... as I've said b4.... finAL 8 team in DV... if not for Wheelersburg being in the same region I'd say right now they win the region.... that my friends is gonna be a great game!
Agreed, whenever they meat as I assume they will, it will be a game to witness for sure.

rubberchicken
Waterboy

Post by rubberchicken »

Region 19 has Garaway and Coshocton as well. Wood, Garaway, Coshocton are pretty comparable and capable of beating each other I would have to say. Wood plays Garaway in week 6 so should have better idea of who will face the tall task of playing Wheelersburg in the postseason.
As for Trail, Im not taking away from the positives they have displayed so far this season, 3-1 is a good place to be for any football team. Trail's QB is a very good football player. Trail did not lay down for the Wood, the kids battled for 4 quarters. Wish them luck rest of season, hope to see em at 9-1 and in the postseason.

guernseycolt
Waterboy

Post by guernseycolt »

When is the last time the Warriors from Buckeye Trail played a Meadowbrook boys athletic team tough? Definitely not a recent event in basketball that's for sure and football well we all know how that ended last year. Trail caught a break Friday night and Barnesville was clearly over looking them. I am not sold on their offense that has turned in to have a juggernaut reputation, I think last week was a fluke and Caldwell and Frontier don't count. The Colts are a little bruised right now so Buckeye Trail may be able to keep it close for a while but athletic ability will clearly win out. I am going to say Meadowbrook wins 56-22.

Thereddragin
Riding the Bench

Post by Thereddragin »

guernseycolt wrote:When is the last time the Warriors from Buckeye Trail played a Meadowbrook boys athletic team tough? Definitely not a recent event in basketball that's for sure and football well we all know how that ended last year. Trail caught a break Friday night and Barnesville was clearly over looking them. I am not sold on their offense that has turned in to have a juggernaut reputation, I think last week was a fluke and Caldwell and Frontier don't count. The Colts are a little bruised right now so Buckeye Trail may be able to keep it close for a while but athletic ability will clearly win out. I am going to say Meadowbrook wins 56-22.
Says the guy that last week said TRoy would have 14 carries for -15 yards and Austin 20 carries for 23 yards.... you certainly have a grasp the Warriors abilities...

Trail is fully aware of the Colts athletic ability... they will be ready to pull of another "fluke"

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

guernseycolt wrote:When is the last time the Warriors from Buckeye Trail played a Meadowbrook boys athletic team tough? Definitely not a recent event in basketball that's for sure and football well we all know how that ended last year. Trail caught a break Friday night and Barnesville was clearly over looking them. I am not sold on their offense that has turned in to have a juggernaut reputation, I think last week was a fluke and Caldwell and Frontier don't count. The Colts are a little bruised right now so Buckeye Trail may be able to keep it close for a while but athletic ability will clearly win out. I am going to say Meadowbrook wins 56-22.

^^^^^^ THIS GUY IS A HATER^^^^^^^^^

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

While I agree that Meadowbrook has the athletes to win, they've also had the athletes to beat Barnesville, St. C and Shadyside....but they haven't. They made the playoffs last year and returned a lot, their coach talked of week 15 in the preview in the Cambridge paper. Sounds like someone may have gotten ahead of themselves. That said, Trail is on a huge high right now, I'm going to take the Colts in an upset, it's an upset because Trail is currently a better team.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I think Meadowbrook could upset Trai, too, but instead of mentioning week 15, the Colts coach better has his team set on winning week 5 first.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Been telling folks all season not to sleep on BT..they have 4 legitimate backs that have wheels..more wheels than Meadowbrook has. Meadowbrook can definitely score and has many good players so whoever plays better D should win the game. Yes, just like Barnesville may have had a letdown vs BT after beating Meadowbrook the previous week, BT has to be careful. Meadowbrook needs this W to right the ship and losing to BT would not be good..is pretty comical though that Week 15 has 'slipped' thru their fingers.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Yeah that grand old Meadowbrook athletic ability :lol: :lol: :lol:

guernseycolt
Waterboy

Post by guernseycolt »

4 weeks ago we didn't think this would be a game now Buckeye Trail is the favorite? Did all the kids at meadowbrook magically lose all their athletic ability?

Return to “Football”