Oak Hill 32 Notre Dame 24

js7_22
Varsity

Oak Hill 32 Notre Dame 24

Post by js7_22 »

Toss out the records as Notre Dame makes the journey out to Oak Hill.
Notre Dame is coming off a win over Eastern and Oak Hill is coming off it's first win of the season over Symmes Valley. Oak Hill has played Minford, Chesapeake and Rock Hill and all 3 have winning records.

Can Notre Dame pull it off, or will Oak Hill's SOC 2 size be too much for the Titans?

Mailman
All Conference

Re: Week 5: (3-1) Notre Dame @ (1-3) Oak Hill

Post by Mailman »

As much as I would like for the Titans to pull this off. I just can't see it. Titans have to play perfect and Oaks have to play worst ever to even have a chance.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

This game might be closer than what people think. If Bob Ashley is still the coach at Notre Dame, he always seems to have a solid game plan against Oak Hill. However, Oak Hill hasn't lost to Notre Dame since 2011. Since 2001, this series has been in favor of Oak Hill, 12-3, with Oak Hill never losing a game at home. Notre Dame won in 2005 (35-7), 2007 (28-20), and 2011 (30-21.) Oak Hill has outscored Notre Dame 440-180, which averages out to 29.33 ppg to 10. However, Notre Dame is 3-1 and should never be taken lightly. They're 3-1 for a reason.

OaksFan24
Waterboy

Post by OaksFan24 »

OakHill's defense is phenomenal, as long as their offense can give them a breather. Chesapeake only scored twice against the Oaks D in the first half, but without a breather from the offense the Defense doesn't have enough gas and the game is a blowout. Against Minford OakHill didn't allow a touchdown until right before the half, and again their offense couldn't do anything. RockHill scored one time before the half against the Oaks, after the offense couldn't get anything going RockHill wore the D down and could beat their defense. The Oak Hill offense finally found its rythem against SV and gave the Defense breaks cause the D to shut SV out. Basically if Oak Hill's offense can get the Defense breathers the Oaks D will shine.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

OaksFan24 wrote:OakHill's defense is phenomenal, as long as their offense can give them a breather. Chesapeake only scored twice against the Oaks D in the first half, but without a breather from the offense the Defense doesn't have enough gas and the game is a blowout. Against Minford OakHill didn't allow a touchdown until right before the half, and again their offense couldn't do anything. RockHill scored one time before the half against the Oaks, after the offense couldn't get anything going RockHill wore the D down and could beat their defense. The Oak Hill offense finally found its rythem against SV and gave the Defense breaks cause the D to shut SV out. Basically if Oak Hill's offense can get the Defense breathers the Oaks D will shine.
The word phenomenal doesn't really come to mind when you see 40-14 and 33-14. One opponent is a division below Oak Hill and the other in same division. If you guys call your defense phenomenal for stopping schools 2 divisions/100 kids smaller, then by all means beat your chests lol

From the sound of it, the opponents defense was the better part and kept your defense on the field, thus the scoring.

But please, continue to justify your defense.

smelltheturf
Waterboy

Post by smelltheturf »

All the Oak have to is feed the Smith kid the ball more then 5 times and they win big he went to state in track in junior high and got third overall but for some reason they only feed it to him 5 to 6 times a game he leads all rushers and hasnt touched the ball half the times swisher has but oaks win big this week

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Junior high track? Oh brother......

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Blue33 wrote:Junior high track? Oh brother......
My thoughts exactly.

Feed him more than 5 times? Someone with superstar speed as you say better get the ball 30 times a game. But for some reason your story sounds a bit off...

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Notre Dame has a couple of kids that's are pretty fast too. Can take it the distance on any play. But if the line doesn't block, you can have all the speed in the world, it won't help!

smelltheturf
Waterboy

Post by smelltheturf »

Listen hear oh brother the kid is good just show up Friday and you will hear his name. Then get back with me don't talk poop online everyone in the community knows he is special

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

He was on crutches at Mondays JV game, hope it’s not serious.

smelltheturf
Waterboy

Post by smelltheturf »

He tweaked his ankle last Friday but did practice today..

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

smelltheturf wrote:Listen hear oh brother the kid is good just show up Friday and you will hear his name. Then get back with me don't talk poop online everyone in the community knows he is special
lol didn't say he wasn't special, but you put him on a pedestal like his speed alone will score him touchdowns. Where was he the first three games? You sound like a father too proud to take any type of criticism.

smelltheturf
Waterboy

Post by smelltheturf »

What's the purpose of getting on here to bash kids the kid is only a sophomore and has loads of talent that whole class does by their senior year they will be right up there with the 2011 class. All I'm saying is oak hill has to many skill players on offense with a half way decent line for them not to come out on top and they haven't lost to thhat bad of teams minford was a fluke should have came out on top rock hill and Peake were just to much for the oaks but Notre dame is not.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

smelltheturf wrote:What's the purpose of getting on here to bash kids the kid is only a sophomore and has loads of talent that whole class does by their senior year they will be right up there with the 2011 class. All I'm saying is oak hill has to many skill players on offense with a half way decent line for them not to come out on top and they haven't lost to thhat bad of teams minford was a fluke should have came out on top rock hill and Peake were just to much for the oaks but Notre dame is not.
He wasn't bashing the kid. He was bashing you. Saying he was a track star in junior high and correlating that into football potential. I'm sure he's a terrific kid and a fine football player. But your reasoning behind it, was to say the least, a little on the crazy dad side. I watched OH play Minford. OH should have won that game. Minford is way down this year. But no one on OH stood out to me as great running back. I have seen the backs from ND run and they are very good and fast. Maybe he is just as good if not better. But his track prowess has nothing to do with it. Good luck to both teams. I hope for a good game and injury free.

Southernfan74
Waterboy

Post by Southernfan74 »

Week 5: (3-1) Notre Dame 28 (1-3) 8

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

smelltheturf wrote:What's the purpose of getting on here to bash kids the kid is only a sophomore and has loads of talent that whole class does by their senior year they will be right up there with the 2011 class. All I'm saying is oak hill has to many skill players on offense with a half way decent line for them not to come out on top and they haven't lost to thhat bad of teams minford was a fluke should have came out on top rock hill and Peake were just to much for the oaks but Notre dame is not.
Line play will determine the outcome of this game. The wing-t is tough to stop if you don't control the line of scrimmage. I wouldn't chalk this up as an easy win for the Oaks. It should be a good one! Good luck to both teams!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I can't understand why people are saying "easy win" for Oak Hill. Since Bob Ashley has been at Notre Dame, their scores have been more competitive in than the years prior to Ashley. Since Ashley's arrival, here is the scores against the Oaks: 2011, Notre Dame 30-21; 2012, Oak Hill 30-7; 2013, Oak Hill 14-6; 2014, Oak Hill, 41-13; and 2015, Oak Hill, 26-6. Yes, those scores seem fairly lopsided but, Notre Dame has always at least kept it close until halftime. Again, don't be surprised if this game ends something like 28-7 or 28-14.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

smelltheturf wrote:All the Oak have to is feed the Smith kid the ball more then 5 times and they win big he went to state in track in junior high and got third overall but for some reason they only feed it to him 5 to 6 times a game he leads all rushers and hasnt touched the ball half the times swisher has but oaks win big this week
Go to bed son. Get some rest so you can pay attention in Language Arts class tomorrow. You need the help.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

smelltheturf wrote:He tweaked his ankle last Friday but did practice today..
Hope your son is back and ready for this week's game.

Good luck to both teams.

Return to “Football”