Meigs 38 River Valley 34

ma77ox
Varsity

Meigs 38 River Valley 34

Post by ma77ox »

Both coming of Huge losses to TVC Ohio Opponents. Who will rebound?

Will both teams heads be down with the losses in their minds this week in practice, or will they be determined?

I think it's going to be a close game but of course I choose Meigs to come out on top.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Week 5 Homecoming Weekend: River Valley(3-1) @ Meigs (2-2)

Post by Poo Bear »

River Valley by 14

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If the Raiders are able to run the ball I think they can win.
River Valley has some pretty good football players but they couldn't run the ball at all against NY.

I think Meigs will make some adjustments this week and work on getting back to their winning ways.
Should be a good game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Meigs has to find a way to defend the run, too many times we leave right up the middle open, been this way the last few years. We must be able to tackle.

Field positioning is critical, I hope that on kickoffs we will send it deep instead of trying the 10-20 yard squib kick, we aren't fooling anyone, we NEVER recover any. Might not seem important to give an additional 20 yards every time we kick to the opposing team to some, but it does make a difference, making them have to travel 70-80 yards compared to 50-60.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Meigs better figure something out because they may struggle for another win. It's sad to see the year go like this cause I thought this class could've have been real good.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Honestly, his will be a good one. Could go either way but I give Meigs the one touchdown advantage because they are playing at home.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Meigs gets back on track in a big way! Going to get things going and perform well at homecoming!

Marauders 42 River Valley 7.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

MeyerSpread wrote:Meigs gets back on track in a big way! Going to get things going and perform well at homecoming!

Oh I hope this is true, but I'm afraid RV's Offense can put up more then a Touchdown.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Game can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 103.7 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.
Click WMPO Fox Sports and then Listen Live.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

ma77ox wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:Meigs gets back on track in a big way! Going to get things going and perform well at homecoming!

Oh I hope this is true, but I'm afraid RV's Offense can put up more then a Touchdown.
Bartrum will have the boys ready this week! Sometimes it takes a wake up call to awake a sleeping giant!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

MeyerSpread wrote:
ma77ox wrote:

Bartrum will have the boys ready this week! Sometimes it takes a wake up call to awake a sleeping giant!
LMFAO on that one. How many "wake up calls" does this team need? I'd think any "great coach" would have his team ready and they wouldn't need a wake up call. "Sleeping giant" huh???? :lol: :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Ground Buck wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
LMFAO on that one. How many "wake up calls" does this team need? I'd think any "great coach" would have his team ready and they wouldn't need a wake up call. "Sleeping giant" huh???? :lol: :mrgreen:
So instead of just commenting on what someone says, how about you come in and state what you think of this game?

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

ma77ox wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:
So instead of just commenting on what someone says, how about you come in and state what you think of this game?
"You have the right to ignore it " :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Bighitsinc wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
"You have the right to ignore it " :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe I was wanting his thoughts on the game??

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

It's not what ya got though,,, is it?
We don't always get what we want.
You and IBTT need to learn that life lesson

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Bighitsinc wrote:It's not what ya got though,,, is it?
Thanks for pointing this out...Do you have any thoughts on this game or are you just trolling and being an internet bully...lol?

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Why is Bartrum and great coach mentioned together all the time?
I am just curious. Has he ever won a game he wasn't favored in?
Does his win loss record stand out?
He is a great person and I am sure he would be the first to tell you he should not be considered a great coach at this time in his career. It seems as though many people just assume him to be great because he played in the NFL.
Last edited by TVC on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

ma77ox wrote:
Bighitsinc wrote:It's not what ya got though,,, is it?
Thanks for pointing this out...Do you have any thoughts on this game or are you just trolling and being an internet bully...lol?
:cry: :cry: :cry:

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

I hope the Marauders get back on track here. Their alumni stuff that goes on during homecoming week is a pretty cool tradition. I however think that the raiders may be a little better than the Vikings so I think it will be hard for Meigs pull this one out. 24-14 Raiders.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Stone Cold wrote:I hope the Marauders get back on track here. Their alumni stuff that goes on during homecoming week is a pretty cool tradition. I however think that the raiders may be a little better than the Vikings so I think it will be hard for Meigs pull this one out. 24-14 Raiders.
I agree, Raiders are better then Vinton County. But I too think that the loss opened the eyes a little, I think they went into the VC game positive they were gonna win, and then boom, go up to a 14-0 lead and dominated the first half in which really made them feel comfortable...then BOOM 2nd half VC tied up and we were like a deer in headlights and didn't know how to react. We weren't prepared for it and couldn't find the right adjustments in game and was in panic mode.

I think with Helton another week under center and now with a game under his belt will make it better, He had never qb'd at the high school level in neither Freshmen or JV games. So he should do better. And it will all depend on our Defense.

Meigs 26
RV 14

Return to “Football”