Region 23

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Region 23

Post by EasternDspy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Johnstown wins both games.

If Newark Catholic is healthy they beat Heath, if not they fall to them.

How bad are the injuries?
From what I heard they lost a starting lineman against Nelsonville and those who seemed to be in the know said he would be out a few weeks. They lost maybe their all around best player against Academy. Was told he was taken from the game to get the injury checked out. Did not sound promising. I did not watch them last week to see if either was back. Will see them Sat so zi will at least know if they are back.
Keep us informed.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Izladoom wrote:travel is not a good excuse look what lucasville valley did a few years ago they scheduled a team from Toledo but met in the middle and played the game in Columbus

Stone Cold wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:
MVL? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be the worst move they could make!!! They would be 2 to 3 divisions smaller than most of the schools in the league. :lol: :lol: They are really in a tough spot. Geographically they are in the moddle of a bunch of smaller schools. To play schools similar to their size they would have to look at the TVC Ohio (they would still be small but compete), or the OVC. Although travel wouldn't be worth either of those moves.

I think some none league games that would be great for them would be Trimble, Nelsonville York, Wellston, or Alexander. Except trimble they are all div 5 reg 19 schools they can compete with!!
That's one game. I am talking about having to travel long distances for an entire league schedule which would be about 3 games a year. And not just football but all sports. I dont think fort frye to Vinton county on a Tuesday night to play a basketball game is a good idea.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stone Cold wrote:
Izladoom wrote:travel is not a good excuse look what lucasville valley did a few years ago they scheduled a team from Toledo but met in the middle and played the game in Columbus

Stone Cold wrote:

That would be the worst move they could make!!! They would be 2 to 3 divisions smaller than most of the schools in the league. :lol: :lol: They are really in a tough spot. Geographically they are in the moddle of a bunch of smaller schools. To play schools similar to their size they would have to look at the TVC Ohio (they would still be small but compete), or the OVC. Although travel wouldn't be worth either of those moves.

I think some none league games that would be great for them would be Trimble, Nelsonville York, Wellston, or Alexander. Except trimble they are all div 5 reg 19 schools they can compete with!!
That's one game. I am talking about having to travel long distances for an entire league schedule which would be about 3 games a year. And not just football but all sports. I dont think fort frye to Vinton county on a Tuesday night to play a basketball game is a good idea.

Most years Fort Frye vs Vinton would be a great basketball game though.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

After Chesapeake's win over fellow Region 23 foe Coal Grove, Chesapeake moved up to #3 in Joe Eitel's playoff rankings behind New Cath and Fort. Coal Grove dropped to #11

ROLL PEAKE
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

With Heath defeating Licking Heights, Newark Catholic has a great chance to pick up major points this week and next. The week D-4 Undefeated Lakewood and then D-4 Undefeated Heath.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

If Fort runs the table and ends the season 10-0, is it possible Chesapeake could leapfrog into that #2 spot? I know Fort finishes conference play with a few D7's and Peake finishes with D5's

ROLL PEAKE
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I could see Fort finishing 3rd at 10-0. Only decent opponent left is Buckeye Trail (4-1).

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Newark Catholic defeated D-4 4-1 Lakewood,30-10.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Cadets will struggle to get a home game at 10-0 most of that schedule is weak. Here's my top 8 with projected win totals and Pastuers numbers.

1. Chesapeake 10-0 21.32
2. Newark Catholic 7-3 18.15
3. Centerburg 9-1 17.6
4. Fort Frye 10-0 17.35
5. River 8-1 16.00
6. Bellaire 6-4 15.53
7. Paint Valley 7-3 14.45
8. Card Lincoln 12.4

9. Bishop Ready 6-4 11.68
10. Barnesville 7-2 11.56
11. West Jeff 5-5 11.15
12. Coal Grove 6-3 10.56
13. Fredericktown 6-4 9.9

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

My projections based on my win totals and Drew Pastuers numbers.

1.River 9-0 19.67
2. Chesapeake 9-1 17.84
3. Fort Frye 10-0 17.05
4. Newark Catholic 6-4 15.9
5. Centerburg 8-2 14.95
6. Paint Valley 7-3 14.38
7. Bellaire 6-4 14.38
8. Coal Grove 7-2 13.67

9. Ready 7-3 13.2
10. Barnesville 7-2 12.44
Last edited by EasternDspy on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

Spy, I don't see Barnesville losing to Union Local. I have seen both teams Barnesville against Buckeye Trail and Union Local film with the Warren guys. I think they will get in for sure. After that I think the important thing in this region is staying clear of Bellaire. They could take this region. Not saying they will but I would want to avoid them until week 13 if possible.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lindy wrote:Spy, I don't see Barnesville losing to Union Local. I have seen both teams Barnesville against Buckeye Trail and Union Local film with the Warren guys. I think they will get in for sure. After that I think the important thing in this region is staying clear of Bellaire. They could take this region. Not saying they will but I would want to avoid them until week 13 if possible.

Barnesville is not the team you think they are they could get beat by an improving Rosecrans team this week. They don't have good numbers on the schedule. They need to hope Meadowbrook starts winning.

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

Meadowbrook is going to win. We do not want Barnesville we will not stop a healthy Bunfield.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

This region is not very good, NC is probably the best and if they were to face Marion Local in the final 4 the game would be over before the half.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Newark Catholic in all likelihood will fall hard to Johnstown again this week.
After that if they can get healthy they should win out and host in the first round.

I think they can, if healthy make it to at least the semi-finals.

I think Kirkland wind D-6.

I would not be shocked to see Marion Local fall before the semi-finals.

If healthy the only thing that stops N.C. from winning out after the Johnstown game to the semi's will be play calling.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lindy wrote:Meadowbrook is going to win. We do not want Barnesville we will not stop a healthy Bunfield.

Get off it I think Fort would have a better chance of stopping Bunfil then they do stopping the Cadets. Barnesville plays no defense. As a Cadet would much rather play them then say Ready , Chesapeake , or Coal Grove. It be a fun exciting game but I give the Cadets the edge def at home. #OnemanTeam

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Newark Catholic in all likelihood will fall hard to Johnstown again this week.
After that if they can get healthy they should win out and host in the first round.

If healthy the only thing that stops N.C. from winning out after the Johnstown game to the semi's will be play calling.

Got to get healthy. Newark was blasted by Licking Heights and Watkins just lost to them 11-14. Watkins is better then the 2-4 record they might beat NC. That being said at 6-4 they might still get a home game.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

After week 6 I will go
1. Newark Catholic 7-3
2. Fort Frye 10-0
3. River 9-1
4. Bellaire 7-3
5. Barnesville 8-1
6. Centerburg 8-2
7. Chesapeake 8-2
8. West Jefferson 6-4

#8 West Jeff over #1 NC
#5 Barnesville over #4 Bellaire
#2 Fort Frye over #7 Chesapeake
#6 Centerburg over #3 River

West Jeff over Barnesville
Centerburg over Fort Frye

West Jeff over Centerburg

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Newark Catholic in all likelihood will fall hard to Johnstown again this week.

Not to get into a big debate about it but Kirtland is down a little this year, still better than anyone in R23 though. Marion Local / Mechanicsburg winner takes D6 title easily.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stan_Marsh wrote:After week 6 I will go
1. Newark Catholic 7-3
2. Fort Frye 10-0
3. River 9-1
4. Bellaire 7-3
5. Barnesville 8-1
6. Centerburg 8-2
7. Chesapeake 8-2
8. West Jefferson 6-4

#8 West Jeff over #1 NC
#5 Barnesville over #4 Bellaire
#2 Fort Frye over #7 Chesapeake
#6 Centerburg over #3 River

West Jeff over Barnesville
Centerburg over Fort Frye

West Jeff over Centerburg

West Jefferson is in playoff mode I just don't see them beating Whitehall, Grandview Heights and London. Yea all winnable games they have just shown the last few years they don't know how to win. Jackson is good but are def down from what they have been and they blasted West Jeff.

Return to “Football”