Playoffs D5R17 #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

Post by 93Bulldog »

zone6 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
zone6 wrote:case in point when they play @LE, vs PV and vs Adena. (rest were 20+ point wins)
And how many of those 20+ point wins were against teams with winning records?

;)
3 but bonus points for 34-0 win vs RV :lol:
No, only ONE of the Pioneers 20+ point wins was against a team with a wining record. Not three.

ZT beat (6-4) Logan Elm team 34-28 in OT
ZT beat (10-1) Paint Valley 15-8 in OT
ZT beat (6-4) Adena 9-6
ZT beat (7-4) River Valley 34-0

The Pioneers only played ONE team during the regular season that even made the playoffs, DVII Paint Valley (who needed overtime to beat a Newark Catholic team that darn near lost to Nelsonville-York in OT).

Alexander on the other has played FIVE playoff teams and have beaten SIX teams with winning records. And btw, 3-of-the-5 games versus playoff teams ended up being 20+ point wins.

Granted, none of this means a hill of beans come Friday. I just wanted to throw it out there.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

It is ok that people who have not seen Alexander play do not believe they are very good. There are media "experts" that have picked against the Spartans all year. All the boys can do is go out and play at a high level.

If Alexander does not turn it over, and they have not been defined as a team that is sloppy with the ball, it is going to be tough to beat them. Zane Trace is good at creating turnover opportunities and they have been successful in creating those turnovers. From what I see, Alexanders defense will matchup very well with ZT offense. Alexander will be able to move the ball against ZT, but it will be a grind out type of game.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:
Alexander on the other has played FIVE playoff teams and have beaten SIX teams with winning records. And btw, 3-of-the-5 games versus playoff teams ended up being 20+ point wins.

Granted, none of this means a hill of beans come Friday. I just wanted to throw it out there.
Actually, we beat SEVEN teams with winning records and FIVE of those were playoff teams.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

zone6 wrote:Does Alexander have any speed at the DB positions to contain Mowery (WR), Wolff (WR), Dunkle(WR/RB), Harris(QB) and Rittenhouse(RB)?
Athens was still a passing team when they played Alexander. They shut it down. But I think this will be a very close game. This will be a defensive battle

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

93Bulldog wrote:
zone6 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
And how many of those 20+ point wins were against teams with winning records?

;)
3 but bonus points for 34-0 win vs RV :lol:
No, only ONE of the Pioneers 20+ point wins was against a team with a wining record. Not three.

ZT beat (6-4) Logan Elm team 34-28 in OT
ZT beat (10-1) Paint Valley 15-8 in OT
ZT beat (6-4) Adena 9-6
ZT beat (7-4) River Valley 34-0

The Pioneers only played ONE team during the regular season that even made the playoffs, DVII Paint Valley (who needed overtime to beat a Newark Catholic team that darn near lost to Nelsonville-York in OT).

Your reference to the NY and NC game is very deceiving since NY beat Trimble (who we all will agree is a pretty good team) in week 1 and lost to NC close in week 2 before all of their issues. Certainly a different NY team than the weeks after. Also, just to set the record straight... PV is D VI

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

zone6 wrote:Does Alexander have any speed at the DB positions to contain Mowery (WR), Wolff (WR), Dunkle(WR/RB), Harris(QB) and Rittenhouse(RB)?
Speed, length, and height. Good luck Alex, go TVC

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

if you take alex's qb, #4, and their best linman off their team in the same week (as happened to ZT)
Ill bet their scores would have gotten a lot closer in the meat of their league games too
It will a great game friday between two very good football teams

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Backing Alexander but ZT is real Good

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bevo
Varsity

Re: Playoffs D5: #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

Post by bevo »

zone6 wrote:Zt could've put around 50 on river valley had they not committed dumb pentalies that called back tds and kept drives alive for RV. Alexander supposedly has a good D and a running O, ZT has a stellar D only giving up 8 PPG (includes 4 shutouts) and their O scores around 40 PPG. I'm slightly bias because I'm from the area, but ZT wins this win to take on the burg. A good meeting spot would be Jackson, in between both schools on route 35.

ZT-34
Alexander-14
No they couldn't have! I watched the whole thing! it was 6-0 the whole 1st half until 3 mins left in 2nd qtr, then Hardway threw a pick 6 that's how ZT scored. They struggled all night moving the ball consistently, hahaha! RV quit in the 4th qtr. Alex will play ZT game but better than ZT does. ZT is not very fast except for no 11. RV ran the ball one drive on ZT then just quit. Alex may beat them by 3 td's

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Re: Playoffs D5: #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

Post by BudLytle »

bevo wrote:
zone6 wrote:Zt could've put around 50 on river valley had they not committed dumb pentalies that called back tds and kept drives alive for RV. Alexander supposedly has a good D and a running O, ZT has a stellar D only giving up 8 PPG (includes 4 shutouts) and their O scores around 40 PPG. I'm slightly bias because I'm from the area, but ZT wins this win to take on the burg. A good meeting spot would be Jackson, in between both schools on route 35.

ZT-34
Alexander-14
No they couldn't have! I watched the whole thing! it was 6-0 the whole 1st half until 3 mins left in 2nd qtr, then Hardway threw a pick 6 that's how ZT scored. They struggled all night moving the ball consistently, hahaha! RV quit in the 4th qtr. Alex will play ZT game but better than ZT does. ZT is not very fast except for no 11. RV ran the ball one drive on ZT then just quit. Alex may beat them by 3 td's
Actually you are mistaken... ZT was up 14-0 at the time of the pick 6... this led to ZT being up 21-0 at the half, but ZT also had a TD called back on a penalty. Maybe we watched the game from different angles, but I never felt that RV was in this game at all!

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Also, since everyone wants to talk about schedules and such... the only common opponent is RV!

Alexander 22 RV 12
ZT 34 RV 0

Again, not that it will matter in this game, but if you are going to talk about the season and previous games, you should at least mention their only common opponent in that conversation!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

BudLytle wrote:Also, since everyone wants to talk about schedules and such... the only common opponent is RV!

Alexander 22 RV 12
ZT 34 RV 0

Again, not that it will matter in this game, but if you are going to talk about the season and previous games, you should at least mention their only common opponent in that conversation!
If you're gonna get that technical, Alex played RV at RV. ZT played them at home

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

Anyone have stats on Alexander's players? I found Zane Trace stats listed on MaxPreps but it doesn't look like Alex lists any.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It is fair to mention the RV game as common opponents.

But also fair to discuss circumstances. Alexander traveled to Bidwell when the Raiders were (5-1) and being talked about as a possible league champion if they could beat Alexander. It rained all the way up until kickoff and field conditions were lets say 'less than ideal.'

After the loss to Alex, the Raiders didn't seem quite the same losing 2 of their last 4 games - including at (4-7) Shadyside which dropped them into the No. 7 spot.

Alexander on the other hand went the other way after the win in Bidwell. The Spartans are (4-0) and averaging about 38 points per game.

Momentum is everything in sports. Had Alexander played River Valley again in week 11, my guess is the score may have ended up closer to the ZT/RV outcome than the 22-12 game they played in week 7.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

The River Valley @ Zane Trace game was a lot closer game in the first half. Some people are talking about a few plays and ZT scores 50. Well two plays difference in RV favor and the first half of the RV @ ZT game would have been 14-7 and then it is anyones ball game.

According to the Chillicothe Gazette, RV was down 21 - 0 half way through the fourth quarter and ZT threw two more touchdowns. I guess I could find an example of that.

The biggest thing about playing at RV, is that there are some places you go play that most people cannot understand what "home field" advantage means.

I have said it multiple times, this is going to be a good game.

Go Alex.

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

Agreed. I'll be shocked if the game is multiple scores either way, as a few wingnuts supporting both schools have suggested.

There is a reason that Cap Preps and Drew Pasteur have this one projected within 3 points either way.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

93Bulldog wrote:It is fair to mention the RV game as common opponents.

But also fair to discuss circumstances. Alexander traveled to Bidwell when the Raiders were (5-1) and being talked about as a possible league champion if they could beat Alexander. It rained all the way up until kickoff and field conditions were lets say 'less than ideal.'

After the loss to Alex, the Raiders didn't seem quite the same losing 2 of their last 4 games - including at (4-7) Shadyside which dropped them into the No. 7 spot.

Alexander on the other hand went the other way after the win in Bidwell. The Spartans are (4-0) and averaging about 38 points per game.

Momentum is everything in sports. Had Alexander played River Valley again in week 11, my guess is the score may have ended up closer to the ZT/RV outcome than the 22-12 game they played in week 7.
After watching Alexander at Meigs, I suggest you not worry about what they did at River Valley. They are good. Really good. They are fast and they really know how to find the ball and tackle.
River Valley simply did not play that well against ZT. I would suggest taking Alexander seriously. They are impressive.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

tomcat fan wrote:
BudLytle wrote:Also, since everyone wants to talk about schedules and such... the only common opponent is RV!

Alexander 22 RV 12
ZT 34 RV 0

If you're gonna get that technical, Alex played RV at RV. ZT played them at home

Everyone i talked to that went to the ZT RV game said they should have won 60-0. Think about that. RV got shutout in the playoffs. That says so much about your competitor that they literally shut your playoff offense out.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You guys should stop working about who beat River Valley more convincingly......
This is week 12,it doesnt matter!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

The zt people know that alex is a very good football team!
it will take a good team effort to beat them

Return to “Football”