Playoffs D5R17 #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

Post by Orange and Brown »

Who gives a darn where this game is played?
At least these 2 test are still playing.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

For sure

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Been a ZT proponent for a while now, but I think the Spartans pose some problems for them. I think the TVC has prepared Alexander a little better than the SVC and this may very well be ZT's biggest test of the year.

Both teams home fields are grass, I think the turf helps ZT and their speed a little, they are used to playing (and I am trying to be polite here) on a field at Kinnikinnick (spelling?) that is let's say not suitable after Week 1 lol. No offense here guys but it can be a trainwreck most of the year.

I think Alexander will pose some problems with respect to how physical they play.

I give the edge to ZT's for athleticism and to Alexander for physicality.

This is a pick-em game I think.

Pol pot
SE

Re: Playoffs D5: #2 Zane Trace (11-0) vs #3 Alexander (10-1)

Post by Pol pot »

Crab's Brother wrote:
Pol pot wrote:Schools get 100% of parking, they get 100% of concessions and they have no out of pocket cost to host the games. So to allude that they do not get taken care of would be false.
Lighting and paying deputies, workers, etc. is not taken care of by the state. They do give you a "field rental fee" but I believe that varies by location.

Yes, all operations cost are covered by the gate and are not out of the schools pocket. Each school gets x number of dollars to put on the game, to cover all workers! Lights, scoreboard are all a part of the rental fee. Not sure where you get your information, but I assure you it's false. Just ask yourself, if there is no "pork chop" in hosting these games, why are schools hosting? And as a tax payer I would not be real happy. Of course that's not an issue because it's not an issue!

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

I think you're right Pol pot and nobody has ever cared what a taxpayer thought.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Raider6309 wrote:Higher seed gets the closer field. #4 Athens played #1 Tri Valley in Zanesville. #1 Athens played #4 Tri valley in Logan. But Ohsaa is also human, the president taught at Chillicothe. #1 Watterson has to travel 80 minutes and #4 Jackson has to travel 30 minutes to Chillicothe. But Watterson will only bring 10 people :lol:

Where in the world do some of you guys get your information????? The Commissioner of the OHSAA (they do not have a President) is Dr Dan Ross and he NEVER taught at Chillicothe http://www.ohsaa.org/general/biographies/admin_bios.htm

You guys are the epitome of what's wrong with message boards and Internet media, just because you type something does not make it true!

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Pol Pot is correct... expenses incurred by the school to host is covered out of gate and the rest is shipped to OHSAA... Schools receive all money for parking and concessions and with attendance at playoff games that does become lucrative to the Athletic Department, which generally gets parking money and booster clubs, which generally get concessions! Pol Pot, I agree with you... why would schools host and tax payers not complain if it was not benefiting the host school in some way!

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

But you know what they say.... IGNORANCE IS BLISS and there are obviously some people that are EXTREMELY BLISSFUL!!!!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pol Pot, I was talking about the Board's president.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dandy Don wrote:Been a ZT proponent for a while now, but I think the Spartans pose some problems for them. I think the TVC has prepared Alexander a little better than the SVC and this may very well be ZT's biggest test of the year.

Both teams home fields are grass, I think the turf helps ZT and their speed a little, they are used to playing (and I am trying to be polite here) on a field at Kinnikinnick (spelling?) that is let's say not suitable after Week 1 lol. No offense here guys but it can be a trainwreck most of the year.

I think Alexander will pose some problems with respect to how physical they play.

I give the edge to ZT's for athleticism and to Alexander for physicality.

This is a pick-em game I think.
Let's get to the game a little bit so far has been very little posted on the game. Everyone said this same thing last week with River Valley taking on Zane Trace, TVC RAH RAH RAH, SVC BLAH BLAH BLAH. I said River Valley would be lucky to score and people pointed to the weakness of the SVC hurting Zane Trace, well RV couldn't move the ball last week. Like a little more information on Alexander and what type offense they run. If they're a passing team ZT proved they can shut it down and ZT is tough against the run. When I scroll through the scores of Alexander don't really see a shutdown defense on paper. Will go with Zane Trace again this week, don't think I see a shutout in the future but single digits or low teens scored by Alexander with ZT putting up 28+ this week. ZT vs Burg week 13 location, Jackson, Waverly, or Valley depending on the future of both Valley and Jackson. Just my prediction though

zone6
Waterboy

Post by zone6 »

Alexander hasn't put 40 points on an oppenent unless they were a DVII school. ZT averages 40 a game, good luck stopping the O if your Alexander and good luck to scoring for Alexander after watching the RV game.

traf1
Varsity

Post by traf1 »

2 of those D 7 schools are still playing.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

zone6 wrote:Alexander hasn't put 40 points on an oppenent unless they were a DVII school. ZT averages 40 a game, good luck stopping the O if your Alexander and good luck to scoring for Alexander after watching the RV game.
Its as if school size ultimately matters. DV-DVII doesn't really matter, if you play good fundamental ball you can ball with the best of them.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Raider6309 wrote:Pol Pot, I was talking about the Board's president.
That would be correct and he also was at Zane Trace for awhile.As for the game it's a tough one to pick I have not seen much of either team except few highlights.I will take Zane Trace because they were more impressive against RV.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

No matter where its played, Tell the kids, you win, you play the winner of Burg and the Wood! That's something to play for!! Good job by both teams to be this far!! What an accomplishment!!

GoBigGrover
Waterboy

Post by GoBigGrover »

Alexander 35 Zane Trace 14

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Considering that ZT's defense has not given up double digits to any team with the exception of Logan Elm in week 1 (Westfall was 2 scores against 2nd team D), GoBigGrover must know something about Alex's "O" that the rest of us does not! I would say that Alex's only shot at winning this is to keep ZT offense at 14 or less. I'm not saying Alex can't score double digits, but I would be EXTREMELY suprised if they score more than 14!

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

ZT 28 Alexander 7 is my prediction

zone6
Waterboy

Post by zone6 »

formerfcfan wrote:
zone6 wrote:Alexander hasn't put 40 points on an oppenent unless they were a DVII school. ZT averages 40 a game, good luck stopping the O if your Alexander and good luck to scoring for Alexander after watching the RV game.
Its as if school size ultimately matters. DV-DVII doesn't really matter, if you play good fundamental ball you can ball with the best of them.
Well I'm thinking size kind of matters since Alexander didn't score more than 40 on an oppenent unless they were DVII, insert sarcasm, but yes I see the point. I'm sure Caldwell or Danville would put up a good fight in this region.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK ZANE TRACE

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”