Fort Frye 48 Monroe Central 20

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye 48 Monroe Central 20

Post by EasternDspy »

Does Circosta have one more huge upset in him?
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

efarns
S

Re: Wk 5: Monroe Central (0-4) @ Fort Frye (4-0)

Post by efarns »

There's plenty for Fort Frye to work on the next 6 weeks. I don't know what happened to our kicking game last night, but it was suddenly problematic for some reason. Offensively, while the running game is excellent, The Cadets missed on some open passes and don't look like a team who can move the ball through the air with any consistency. The defense is in position, but not necessarily making plays with regularity. And finally, that's two weeks in a row that the offense has gotten off to a rough start. I feel like I shouldn't be so negative on a team that's working on a huge regular season winning streak, but they have bigger things to look forward to than winning The PVC.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Drops hurt them but I do think they can move it through the air before last nights game Engle had 7/0 TD to Int. Brady Carpenter is one of the better WRs in the area. Run defense had an off night but losing Baker did hurt. The last 2 weeks that the 1st Qt they have been super flat. Is Hooper playing for Monroe? The Noles really struggle in the trenches. I think we need to work on the punting. The Rugby punting only seems to going for 20 yards at a time.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Cadets should be able to win with ease. However, don't be surprised if Monroe Central has a lead at the end of the first quarter or half. They'll have something up their sleeves to keep the game competitive for as long as they can.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

At the end of the day Monroe can not stop the run.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

if Caldwell had a running clock going for awhile against Monroe I'd say fort will for the whole second half. I'd guess this one to be about 35-0....at the half

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Casey Lewis on pace for 1712 yards and 22 tds

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Has Fort Frye ever beat Monroe Central 2 years in a row?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Very quiet Jay always has something for the Cadets.This game was 29-28 last season.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I'm sure the underclassmen on the Cadet roster remember last year's near-loss to MC. Since the game is in Beverly, and FF is leading the region, I see no reason a 35-0 lead can't be had by halftime pounding the running game at the Seminoles.
By mid third quarter Fort Frye subs while the continuous clock run makes it a speedy second half.
This year's FF team is primed for a 10-0 regular season. From there it's all gravy.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

carbon_dated wrote:I'm sure the underclassmen on the Cadet roster remember last year's near-loss to MC. Since the game is in Beverly, and FF is leading the region, I see no reason a 35-0 lead can't be had by halftime pounding the running game at the Seminoles.
By mid third quarter Fort Frye subs while the continuous clock run makes it a speedy second half.
This year's FF team is primed for a 10-0 regular season. From there it's all gravy.

Still thinking that Buckeye Trail game will be very tough on the road.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

That Trail has a slew of running backs with a lot of speed. They'll be formidable when FF has to play them.
Circosta's win total won't budge this weekend. Cadets has to only worry about LaFollette and Hooper.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

carbon_dated wrote:That Trail has a slew of running backs with a lot of speed. They'll be formidable when FF has to play them.
Circosta's win total won't budge this weekend. Cadets has to only worry about LaFollette and Hooper.

Buckeye Trail is playoff bound.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

If Fort Frye has the continued success like they have thus far, they should get a win this week. I think Fort Frye's last true test of the season will be Buckeye Trail in week 7, although Shenandoah in week 9 could give them some match-up problems here or there. Both Fort Frye and Buckeye Trail are playoff bound. I still think (as long as they take care of business every week) Fort Frye finishes 10-0 and Buckeye Trail finishes 7-3 (loses to Ridgewood who will go 9-1 or 10-0, Fort Frye who should go 10-0, and River who could finish anywhere from 7-2 to 9-0). However, Shadyside had problems early on with Monroe Central's offense. I think that could be the case this week, too, but halftime adjustments should help Fort Frye get a win. No true prediction here but it should finish up as a three touchdown + win for Fort Frye.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I just want to see the Cadets put 4 quarters together in the first 2 games starters only played 2 full quarters in the Last 2 they struggled in the first half only to have huge 2nd halves.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Paper said Fort Frye Sr RB/LB Clay Baker will miss this game and maybe more. He's been a star on defense and will be missed. Last year in the teams biggest wins he scored the winning TD vs Monroe and Caldwell. He ran for over 100 in the big win over a very good Waterford team. Last week when he went out it was 13-0 when he went down. Let's hope the young players on D step up. Look forJR Tyler Bradford to step up.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets are currently on a 16 game reg season win streak

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I'm going to be interested to see how Jay attacks Fort Frye in the game. He does a great job breaking down weaknesses and attacking them. In spite of the records, I think this will be a game that makes The Cadets better.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Coach Circosta (46th year) is probably been Coaching longer than most PVC Coaches have been alive.
He probably got his start before Stealy Dan played for the Seminoles.

Have to agree with efarns post above.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Jay Circosta probably has more wins than all current PVC coaches combined and doubled. The man is a legend in his own time.

Return to “Football”