Chesapeake 49 Coal Grove 28

bbn77
All Conference

Chesapeake 49 Coal Grove 28

Post by bbn77 »

Huge game for both as far as both conference standings and playoff rankings go. Thoughts?

ROLL PEAKE
fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5 OVC Coal Grove (3-0, 1-0) @ Chesapeake (4-0,1-0)

Post by fred_flinstone »

Keep the Little Brown Jug at home Panthers!!!
You're right BBN this is HUGE! Hopefully Chesapeake will be 100% seeing Browning on crutches is not a good sign!

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Hopefully just precautionary. Rest him at practice a couple days and he should be good to go

ROLL PEAKE
fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

One thing I know, both teams with be experiencing firsts during this game! It will be the first time each team sees a worthy opponent across from them. Chesapeake had not seen the size and ability of Coal Grove and Coal Grove has not seen the speed and athleticism like Chesapeake has. Big play Panthers against the ground and pound Hornets. It very well could turn in to a shootout. The middle of the Panthers defense hasn't seen a running back like Big #34 for CG. Going to have to stay low and wrap up! Also this thread deserves about 10 pages of talk.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

fred_flinstone wrote:One thing I know, both teams with be experiencing firsts during this game! It will be the first time each team sees a worthy opponent across from them. Chesapeake had not seen the size and ability of Coal Grove and Coal Grove has not seen the speed and athleticism like Chesapeake has. Big play Panthers against the ground and pound Hornets. It very well could turn in to a shootout. The middle of the Panthers defense hasn't seen a running back like Big #34 for CG. Going to have to stay low and wrap up! Also this thread deserves about 10 pages of talk.
Grove had a worthy opponent in west, I believe they are underrated, but your absolutely correct about the speed. West isn't the fastest team around. I think these are the top 2 teams in the OVC and if Jackson wasn't coming to burg this is the game I would go see!! I think this is the Groves year though, lot of experience on that team. Great matchup!

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Lot of experience for the panthers in all skilled positions. And West I know wasn't very good week one! I saw the Fairland game, west should have lost, then they lost to Portsmouth. However they did just beat welston tonight, so who knows. That's why they play the game! Anybody can beat anybody on any given night. I'm taking the Panthers in this one.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

I haven't been able to watch Peake yet this year, it's definitely on my to do list so I have no opinion about them other than what I've been told which is very speedy, big/play team. Which you also stated. I'm in no way, shape or form trying to be disrespectful to Peake. I've seen grove play once and west twice. West is a young team, prolly struggled first game, most young teams do, they handed the Portsmouth game to p-town with 6 turnovers. Still only lost by a score. Then they were involved in a dogfight with coal grove who in my opinion was the better team. West didn't quit not one time and played with hustle and fire the whole game. I'm not suggesting their world beaters just think they're underrated. I still believe this game next week will decide the OVC champs. Although Portsmouth impressed me with the win over rock hill. But they've been in some tough games and seem to be improving nicely. No matter who wins this game I would bet $$ that they may see each other again after week 10.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

This would be game of the week if it wasn't for Jackson-Burg. I'm excited for this one though, a huge clash in styles.

ROLL PEAKE
fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Absolutely looking forward to this one! Can't. Obvious you are dead on, this could be a week 11 rematch. I also am very impressed with Portsmouths win as I have said since I saw them at previews they have the ability to win the OVC. We might see a 3 or 4 way tie for the Comference championship this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THIS HAS GAME OF THE WEEK STAMPED ALL OVER IT IN THE OVC.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

This one will be a dandy. Both teams have played a seemingly weak schedule to this point(combined opponent record of 5-19). Although the hornets did beat a pretty game Portsmouth west team. We will find out a lot about both teams after this one!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Right now in Joe Eitel's playoff rankings, Chesapeake is 5th and Coal Grove 6th

ROLL PEAKE
Cgdude
Waterboy

Post by Cgdude »

28-7 coal grove !!!
Defense is stout
Over all team speed is going to prove to much for the panthers

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Making my first trip to Chesapeake to take this one in.
Is the stadium at the school?

Can't wait for this one as it should be a good game.

Gonzo
Waterboy

Post by Gonzo »

Should be a good one! I will be taking this one in.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Cgdude.... WHAT? Coal Grove has to much team speed for Chesapeake? Are you joking? They have a state qualifier in the 100m dash in the back field, I believe he ran a 4.6ish 40yd dash, the QB just rushed for 200+ yds and he runs his 40 in the 4.7second area, Chesapeake then had another back and a receiver that run their 40's just under 4.9 seconds. These are numbers I have heard, but so far from what I have seen they look to be true. I'm not saying they are D1 athletes but they are fast! Coal Grove will not have the team speed Chesapeake does. Also Chesapeake will fly to the football and lay the wood. This atmosphere should be GREAT! I would get there about hour and a half early to get a good seat. And to answer your question Licking County Fan yes the field is directly between the high school and middle school. It's a nice campus with a pretty good amount of parking but for this particular game there will not be enough parking!

BearMarshall
Waterboy

Post by BearMarshall »

No team speed... Yep.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

fred_flinstone wrote:Cgdude.... WHAT? Coal Grove has to much team speed for Chesapeake? Are you joking? They have a state qualifier in the 100m dash in the back field, I believe he ran a 4.6ish 40yd dash, the QB just rushed for 200+ yds and he runs his 40 in the 4.7second area, Chesapeake then had another back and a receiver that run their 40's just under 4.9 seconds. These are numbers I have heard, but so far from what I have seen they look to be true. I'm not saying they are D1 athletes but they are fast! Coal Grove will not have the team speed Chesapeake does. Also Chesapeake will fly to the football and lay the wood. This atmosphere should be GREAT! I would get there about hour and a half early to get a good seat. And to answer your question Licking County Fan yes the field is directly between the high school and middle school. It's a nice campus with a pretty good amount of parking but for this particular game there will not be enough parking!
He actually placed 4th at the State Meet in the 400M, not the 100M. But your point is well taken. If the Peake gets to the edge, they're not going to be caught from behind.

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Best game of the week besides Jackson and Burg

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Making my first trip to Chesapeake to take this one in.
Is the stadium at the school?

Can't wait for this one as it should be a good game.
Stadium is between middle school and high school, but the ticket gates are on the side near the middle school. If you can't find a parking spot in the main lot, you can pay to park at the driving range across the road

ROLL PEAKE

Return to “Football”