Freshman Team

SOC All-League Honors

Post by Bleachrbum »

iwearblacknikes
S

Re: SOC All-League Honors

Post by iwearblacknikes »

SOC I – First Team

Joey Maynard (Oak Hill), Jesse Slone (Oak Hill), Westen Hale (Oak Hill), Kyle Ondera (Oak Hill), Drew Cannon (Oak Hill), Chris Fairchild (Oak Hill), Travis Bailey (Oak Hill), Devon Davis (Oak Hill), Justin Payne (Symmes Valley), Kyle Bowen (Symmes Valley), Tyler Easthom (Symmes Valley), Hunter Boggs (Symmes Valley), Evan Herrell (Symmes Valley), Alex Staker (Notre Dame), Jeffrey Emnett (Notre Dame), Jack Welsh (Notre Dame), Brock Hannah (Notre Dame), Jon Garrett (East), Dominique Stringer (East), Nathan Bradford (East), Caleb Lewis (Green), Jeff Massie (Green).

SOC I – Second Team

Cory Kuhn (Oak Hill), Daniel Woods (Oak Hill), Andrew Kreals (Oak Hill), Wayne Meade (Symmes Valley), Jacob Patterson (Symmes Valley), Grant Foster (Symmes Valley), Jacob Taylor (Notre Dame), Tyler Noel (Notre Dame), Adam Campa (East), Ryan Bradford (East), Chad Lewis (Green).

SOC I Champions – Oak Hill

SOC I Back of the Year – Jesse Slone (Oak Hill)

SOC I Lineman of the Year-Kyle Bowen (Symmes Valley)

SOC I Coach of the Year – Greg Phillips (Oak Hill)

SOC I (Order of Finish): Oak Hill (4-0), Symmes Valley (3-1), Notre Dame (2-2), East (1-3), & Green (0-4)

SOC II - First Team

Aaron Oesch (Minford), Mark Slone (Minford), Tyler Gaines (Minford), T.J. Alley (Minford), Matt Gilliam (Minford), Ray Bryan (Minford), Brandon McCormick (Minford), Josh Graham (Minford), Tyler Lang (Wheelersburg), Tyler Craigmiles (Wheelersburg), Brandon Shankweiler (Wheelersburg), Zach Frowine (Wheelersburg), Nick Kemper (Wheelersburg), B.J. Coleman (Valley), Zach Utley (Valley), Alex Holcomb (Valley), Brice Crabtree (Valley), Mark Murphy (West), Trevon Pendleton (West), Alex Thompson (West), Chris Schuyler (Waverly), Shane Price (Waverly), Derrick Ellis (Northwest).

SOC II - Second Team

Cory McKnight (Minford), Stefan Price (Minford), Nick Kimble (Minford), C.J. Adkins (Wheelersburg), Jeb Conkey (Wheelersburg), Chris Prater (Wheelersburg), Zach Bukiewicz (Valley), Blake Yates (Valley), Lee Compton (West), Jarred Bricker (West), Joey Kuntz (Waverly), Taylor Horsley (Northwest), Eric Frantz (Northwest).

SOC II Champions – Minford

SOC II Co-Backs of the Year – Aaron Oesch (Minford), Tyler Craigmiles (Wheelersburg)

SOC II Lineman of the Year-T.J. Alley (Minford)

SOC II Coach of the Year – Brent Daniels (Minford)

SOC II (Order of Finish): Minford (5-0), Wheelersburg (4-1), Valley (3-2), West (2-3), Waverly (1-4), & (Northwest(0-5).

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

why are they D awarded? or is the lineman award it?

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Just because you win the league, or come in second, doesn't mean every player on your team is the best. The All SOC team just lost alot of creditability. I don't want to call anybody players out, but this is a joke. Every team has players that could have made it, and I think that every team has players that are overrated.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

I know that a lot of these players play 2 ways, but are the positions listed anywhere? Or maybe some stats/ Height & weight?

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

Black@Orange wrote:Just because you win the league, or come in second, doesn't mean every player on your team is the best. The All SOC team just lost alot of creditability. I don't want to call anybody players out, but this is a joke. Every team has players that could have made it, and I think that every team has players that are overrated.

just because your beloved SENATORS didnt put as many players on the all conference team as last year or win any POY awards this year does not negate what these players from the other teams accomplished on the field. Show some class and save your negative comments for somewhere else.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Congrats to all who made the list.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Congrats to all of the SOC All-League selections.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Black@Orange wrote:Just because you win the league, or come in second, doesn't mean every player on your team is the best. The All SOC team just lost alot of creditability. I don't want to call anybody players out, but this is a joke. Every team has players that could have made it, and I think that every team has players that are overrated.

Grow up and quit crying because pendleton didn't get any awards. I'm sure if he wins it next year you won't hear any negative comments from other schools.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

BigTime wrote:Congrats to all of the SOC All-League selections.
OZZIEOHIO wrote:Congrats to all who made the list.

Amen.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

black and orange,, please you are making yourself look very childish....look at last years picks.. nobody CRIED with them .. WHINER grow up.... congrates to all even the ones from west.... :lol: :lol:

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Its black at orange...and I would'nt hold it against all Senator parents just because one is sore.
I know alot of them that are awsome. Great job to all the deserving players that made it.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

RedStormRising wrote:

just because your beloved SENATORS didnt put as many players on the all conference team as last year or win any POY awards this year does not negate what these players from the other teams accomplished on the field. Show some class and save your negative comments for somewhere else.

I'm a West fan and I'm sure that there are some kids from other schools that deserved it more than some West kids...I think the format needs changed somehow, make an actual team instead of just random kids...Jmo

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

wow, it is amazing when west does not finish. in the top 3 in SOC and get them RANDOM picks..as in the past now you start whining...PLEASE !!!!!!!! congrats to all players that got these honors....... :lol: :lol:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

bushmaster24 wrote:wow, it is amazing when west does not finish. in the top 3 in SOC and get them RANDOM picks..as in the past now you start whining...PLEASE !!!!!!!! congrats to all players that got these honors....... :lol: :lol:

If you read my post closely I wasn't whining...I said "there are some kids on other teams that deserve it more than some of the kids from West that got picked"...and I used random for lack of a better word...I should of said "the current format where teams picks were based off of finish is not a very good one"...I wasn't saying that West should have more picks, at all...if anything I said they should have less this year...I suggested two teams, a first and a second comprised of every position on the field, not just what ever kids a coach wants. For example if Northwest had the best quarterback in the Soc, he should be first and if the second best quarterback was from Waverly he should be second team...There should be a first team with 5 quarterbacks, if there 5 quarterbacks obviously they all can't be first team...See what Im saying?

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

I'm not arguing about West not getting enough players on the team. I'm not arguing about player of the year awards. So stop putting words in my mouth. I type what I want, you type what you want. There are some questionable selections from top to bottom. I will not call out anybody, that should or should not be on it. But there is a few on the team that are not even better than their teammates. Just because you're a senior, it shouldn't give you a spot, over someone more talented. And I am not a sore parent. So again, stop making me something that Im not.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

i would like to see the coachs vote on one player from each position to the first team,second team and third team instead so many players from each team determine on your order of finish**this is individual awards not team awards** i am sure all the players on the all league team are deserving but are they the best at each position (JMO)

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

ok, i may have read into it to much... i do agree with the 3 above comments...it does after looking into it more loook a little watered down..but congrates to all these young men it is outtta there control...

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

yes indeed...cant see how a first year varsity player and sophomore can get it ahead of well deserving juniors and seniors. too bad that factors other than on field play go into picking the conference and district teams. not trying to get anything started but there are some glaring oversights and others that well i'll just leave it at it makes you shake your head.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

southernohiofan wrote:i would like to see the coachs vote on one player from each position to the first team,second team and third team instead so many players from each team determine on your order of finish**this is individual awards not team awards** i am sure all the players on the all league team are deserving but are they the best at each position (JMO)

that may work if the coaches are not family or good friends with the player. not just in the soc but it happens in many conferences.

Return to “Football”