Region 19

TrojanFan2011
Waterboy

Re: Region 19

Post by TrojanFan2011 »

indianabuck wrote:Ironton will be big Athens and Amanda Clearcreek fans this week. Looking at Eitel they need at least Liberty Union and most likely Nelsonville-York to lose to get in. If NY loses, they will be a lot of help to get in. I think Union Local gets the last home game with Zane Trace 5, Ridgewood at 6, Ironton at 7 and Harrison Central at 8.If NY wins they will be 5, bumping everyone down, and possibly hurting Ironton, but I still think the Tigers will get in. If LU upsets Amanda, then Ironton must hope NY loses to get in. Here is how most likely it will look.
1 Burg
2 Garaway
3 Coshocton
4 Union Local
5 Zane Trace
6 Ridgewood
7 Ironton
8 Harrison Central

Ironton is not in if they can't beat Portsmouth. Portsmouth beat them in the scrimmage at the beginning of the year. In which, the fighting tigers are a much better team now but the Trojans could pull an upset if they come to play.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I think Nelsonville-York gets in even if they lose to Athens.
Burg, Garaway and Coshocton are locks for #1, #2, #3.
Union Local should end up #4 unless they are upset by Bellaire (Sat) or Barnesville.
Zane Trace will be #5 unless Nelsonville-York beats Athens which would probably make them #6.
Ridgewood, Nelsonville (if they lose to Athens) and Ironton will battle for #7 and #8,
Liberty Union could throw a wrench into the last two spots if they upset Amanda.
Harrison Central is on the outside unless there are a bunch of upsets.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

If NY loses they need Logan, River Valley, Meigs and Vinton County to win. Wellston beats VC and Waverly beats RV. Logan-Warren and Alex-Meigs are 50/50 games. NY will be near the lower end of the Eitel number which will leave them out if they lose.

bucks__09
Waterboy

Post by bucks__09 »

indianabuck wrote:If NY loses they need Logan, River Valley, Meigs and Vinton County to win. Wellston beats VC and Waverly beats RV. Logan-Warren and Alex-Meigs are 50/50 games. NY will be near the lower end of the Eitel number which will leave them out if they lose.
Nelsonville needs Alexander to beat Meigs, and wellston to beat vinton county. We will get points either way no matter who wins these games but will get more if the smaller school wins.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Bucks just need to take care of Athens. I think we will be home week 11 as long as we do that and I'm confident we will.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

1.Wheelersburg
2.Garaway
3.Coshocton
4.Union Local
5.Nelsonville-York
6.Zane Trace
7.Ridgewood
8.Ironton

I still think Nelsonville-York would be #8 if they lose to Athens. All according to second level points though.
Last edited by petesweaty on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton is currently 9th after the shutout of gahs. ironton beats Portsmouth they're in. lose and no way.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I think burg's only legit challenger will be sugar creek in week 13, they look to be a pretty decent football team.
Last edited by The Oaf on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
bucks__09
Waterboy

Post by bucks__09 »

Bellaire just beat union local 21-13.
Garaway currently playing tcc and should win.
#1wheelersburg #2garaway #3coshocton #4 Zane trace #5 Nelsonville York #6 ridgewood #7 union local #8 Harrison central

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Orange and Brown wrote:The Bucks just need to take care of Athens. I think we will be home week 11 as long as we do that and I'm confident we will.
Think you're correct and it will look like this after UL loss and assuming McClain loses:
1. Burg
2. Garoway
3. NY
4. Cosh
5. ZT
6.Ironton
7.Ridgewood
8. UL/LU

If so, there would be some very interesting games in the first round.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

If UL loses next week to Barnesville (very possible considering their performance today against Bellaire) and LU loses to Amanda (very likely) then I think Harrison Central could edge both out for the #8 spot. Regardless, Burg against any of those three 3 teams will be a running clock. If Ridgewood does end up #7 that could be an interesting rematch with Garaway if Ridgewood's best player (Harrison) is now healthy. Coshocton/Zane Trace would also be a running clock. #3/#4 is going to be very close between Coshocton/NY if the Bucks beat Athens.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

After the Union Local loss to Bellaire on Saturday:

#3-#4 will be tight between Nelsonville-York and Coshocton if NY beats Athens.
#5-#6 will be tight between Union Local and Zane Trace if UL beats Barnesville. Barnesville (7-1) plays in a smaller division of the OVAC than UL.

Zane Trace needs Greenfield McClain to beat Hillsboro to pick up 5 second level points. That could be the difference for them between #5 or #6. They still have a slim chance to get a #4 if Nelsonville and Union Local both lose. I believe that both will win though.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Union Local loses and falls out

Bucks06
Waterboy

Post by Bucks06 »

Drew Pastuer has it finishing like this

Projected record and final Harbin points
1. Wheelersburg (10-0) 26.75 (clinched home game)
2. Sugarcreek Garaway (10-0) 23.90 (clinched home game)
3. Nelsonville-York (8-2) 20.70
4. Coshocton (9-1) 20.39 (clinched home game)

(Top 4 earn a first round home game)
5. Belmont Union (8-2) 18.14
6. Chillicothe Zane Trace (8-2) 17.60 (clinched berth)
7. Ironton (7-3) 17.14
8. W. Lafayette Ridgewood (9-1) 16.30

(Top 8 earn a playoff berth)
9. Harrison Central (7-3) 15.30
10. Liberty Union (6-4) 12.39

Maverick4
Waterboy

Post by Maverick4 »

I think Drew is pretty spot on with the region. I think the main wild card is union local. That would bump ZT. Ironton. And ridgewood up one. Then Harrison Central would be making the trip to the Burg.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

This region is even weaker than it was last year. Will the super easy region hurt Burg like it did last year against better regions?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

lineman7 wrote:This region is even weaker than it was last year. Will the super easy region hurt Burg like it did last year against better regions?
I agree, not too terribly impressive is it? :?

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

lineman7 wrote:This region is even weaker than it was last year. Will the super easy region hurt Burg like it did last year against better regions?
If the Pirates are as good as advertised it shouldn't matter about a weak Region. If they don't like the competition level on their schedule they could always go Independent and play the big boys during the regular season, then you won't have to worry about playing in a weak Region.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Actually the region is better this year IMO. It still runs through Burg no doubt, but Garaway and possibly Coshocton are both better than any of the teams last year in the region with the exception of last years Burg team. If it comes down to Burg/Garaway, they will give Burg a game. I have seen both teams play this year. Garaway has an outstanding QB that just cracked the all time top 10 in total passing yards in the state, big physical receivers, and an improved defense. Their lowest point total was 27 this year against Ridgewood, and the Generals have a fairly stout defense, and the QB (Jacobs) still threw for over 350 in that one.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Call Me crazy i think Ny will throw a wrench in and possibly square up with burg..

Return to “Football”