D1 athletes in south eastern ohio

hateraid
Varsity

Re: D1 athletes in south eastern ohio

Post by hateraid »

Yates QB from VC has an offer from Morehead from what I understand.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Colin Woodside, Fairfield Union- Committed to U of Cincinnati - Following in Dad's(Ray) shoes

Chase Burge, Fairfield Union- United States Naval Academy- Was starting nose guard for 2 years, including playing his dream game in The Shoe. Also was named all american at Navy, in Rugby.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

hateraid wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:30 pm Yates QB from VC has an offer from Morehead from what I understand.
Great for Yates, he's a real competitor. However, Morehead is a non-scholarship school in the sport of football. The compete in the Pioneer Football League. Quality football, but it's non-scholarship.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:14 pm
hateraid wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:30 pm Yates QB from VC has an offer from Morehead from what I understand.
Great for Yates, he's a real competitor. However, Morehead is a non-scholarship school in the sport of football. The compete in the Pioneer Football League. Quality football, but it's non-scholarship.
So it's not Morehead state in KY?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Banned4ever
Waterboy

Post by Banned4ever »

Dont mean to spoil yer boner hateraid.....but.....morehead is non scholarship. Maybe....as the name of the school implies.....there are other considerations given for choosing their school. JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

When did Morehead stop giving Scholarships? I had kids run Cross Country down there on scholarships. Wow hate to hear that if it is true.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

knightruner wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:45 am When did Morehead stop giving Scholarships? I had kids run Cross Country down there on scholarships. Wow hate to hear that if it is true.
The Eagles are D1 FCS 1-AA members of the Pioneer Football League whose members do not offer football scholarships. The Dayton Flyers are also members of the football only conference. I guess you go to Morehead to play football for love of the game while getting your education . Think D3 on steroids.

MSU likely has other means of financial aid like work study etc.. Honestly I find the Pioneer's approach to college football to be refreshing, untainted by big money like ESPN.

As to your specific question of when did they go no scholly, I would guess at least 2001 when they joined the PFL, but it may be as far back as the mid 90's when they left the OVC. Eagle football has been on financial life support for decades.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Football_League

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Omega wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:01 am
knightruner wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:45 am When did Morehead stop giving Scholarships? I had kids run Cross Country down there on scholarships. Wow hate to hear that if it is true.
The Eagles are D1 FCS 1-AA members of the Pioneer Football League whose members do not offer football scholarships. The Dayton Flyers are also members of the football only conference. I guess you go to Morehead to play football for love of the game while getting your education . Think D3 on steroids.

MSU likely has other means of financial aid like work study etc.. Honestly I find the Pioneer's approach to college football to be refreshing, untainted by big money like ESPN.

As to your specific question of when did they go no scholly, I would guess at least 2001 when they joined the PFL, but it may be as far back as the mid 90's when they left the OVC. Eagle football has been on financial life support for decades.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Football_League
FCS offers scholorships. They don't always offer a full ride but they do offer a lot of partials.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Moorehead state is still in the OVC.
They are constantly reconised as one of the better University's in the south as well.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Come to think of it, they did leave in football and compete in the other sports.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”