Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Da_Burg »

Portsmouth home stands are from 10 yard line to 10 yard line, Away is 20 to 20, the only down side to Portsmouth would be parking,

Waverly Home side is 25 to 25 Away 35 to 35. More Parking.

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Wheelersburg vs Zane Trace = Waverly a perfect location in between both schools. Great field, ample seating and plenty of parking - very easy to get in and out of. Great food and hospitality.

silverhammer50
Waterboy

Post by silverhammer50 »

Tribal Force wrote:You cant take everything these Burg fans say to heart. They like to talk smack, but it is all in good spirits. You just have to get to know them. They have it out with us (Lucasville Valley) every year and we all have fun with it. But most of the time they back it up. If they don't, you will see them on here saying they was wrong. Just don't take it to heart and talk smack back.
Now about the game: I have not seen Ridgewood play a game this year so I cant really say how good or bad I think they are. But, this Burg team is VERY good. Their Defense is probably one of the best I have seen in high school. The Wood might hold Burgs offense down for a short time but Ridgewood will not score 17 in this game. JMHO
First of all congrats to Burg and good luck here on out. Very nice football team. 2nd of all Wood did not score 17, they scored 21. Had some breaks to accomplish this yet also missed wide open Wr on a fade route in 3rd. both teams caught some breaks as burg scored off an early fumble by Wood. Game tied at 14 with 40 seconds left and burg made big play to make it 21-14 at half. Hats off to burg, better team won the game tonight. Proud of the wood though, battled as they always do. Only have 6 seniors, 3 of which play. 16 juniors coming back next year. Hope we meet again, but not till regional finals...lol. Good luck rest of the way.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Unofficial stats for the game from WNXT, 420+ yds for Burg, 20 1st downs. 160+ passing and 260+ running. Wood: 170+yds, 10 1st downs. I believe #24 had over 100yds rushing. Tough kid!! Burg 3 fumbles lost, and 1 or 2 interceptions, cant recall. I think one was the 3rd and LOOONNNNGGG late in third qtr Burg at their own 11 due to penalty. Wood lost 1 fumble. Burg didn't punt in the game. Burg penalized for over 100 yds. I was at the game till halftime. Saw the Burg march right down the field before half and score on some nice passing and really thought they had the game in hand then. Listened to the rest on Iphone. Wish I would have stayed. Dominated third qtr and most of 4th.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The Burg had a huge crowd.

Very sloppy game.

The better team won.

Game report and over 100 pics working.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Congrats to Burg. Very good team.

My observations:

Logan is a fine facility for a playoff game but if they want to keep hosting they need to get a new clock operator!

No offense to all the Burg fans bragging on your defense but I liked your offense much better than your D. I thought the Wood found some holes in your defense and could have had a couple more sustained drives if not for self inflicted mistakes. However your offense looked capable of scoring with anybody in Div. V. Too much skill for the Wood to contain. That is a pretty good Wood defense that you put up 42 on.

I thought the officiating was so so and missed some calls both ways.

Great effort from the Wood as always. No quit in them, but Burg was just the better team. The Wood had to pretty much play a perfect game and hope for some breaks to come out on top, and that did not happen.

Good Luck to the Burg the rest of the way!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

P(irate) wrote:Portsmouth, Chilli or Waverly. Jackson will be in Logan. Burg will probably be Chilli.
Chillicothe would be a big advantage for ZT seeing they just minutes away. Burg was the overall #1 seed in DV with the most points of any team and should get that consideration and play closer to home. ZT just played at Waverly tonight so make it a neutral filed and let Portsmouth have it.

Burg does need to clean up the TO's and penalties. Two of RW's scores were because of TO's or penalties. This game could and should have been around 49-7 at best.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

good job burg.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Nice game by ridgewood. made it interesting.
Burg needs to learn from the game tonight tighten up some things and keep moving
Thank you again for a enjoyable evening.
Go Pirates

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Ridgewood was a good team. Burg kept them in the game with mistakes. The farther you go up the ladder, you cannot survive doing that.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

good win for burg. i will certainly take it. most mistakes i have seen wheelersburg make all year. ridgewood is pretty good team as expected. their backs run very hard and tough. i thought burg threw it very well when they had to especially with the wind. looked like it was blowing pretty hard onthe field. hope the young man that was hurt right before halftime is ok. agreed onthe waverly or portsmouth site either would be moderately even for each team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Nice win Burg! Not great, just nice. Too many turnovers and penalties. Need to clean that up for next week against Zane Trace. They are not 12-0 on luck. They must be a good football team.

Any word on the Soward's kid for the Burg? Had to be carted off the field at halftime and looked like they were working on his neck. Hopefully he just got a stinger and will be alright. Always scary when you watch them cart a player off the field.

casey1017
Waterboy

Post by casey1017 »

Here is the post-game article from Cameron Teague Robinson of the Coshocton Tribune. He's done a great job covering Coshocton County high school sports this fall. It's his first job out of college following graduation from Bowling Green. Follow him on twitter @cj_teague

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/story/s ... d7ca9cbf27

Proud of the way the Generals battled against Wheelersburg. Good luck to Burg next week.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Burg was due for a game like this...I'm sure Ridgewood's "D" helped create the turnovers...It's better to have a sloppy game and win than lose....In any event, these are the opportunities good coaches exploit and get the kids refocused on the task at hand...I'll bet the practices this week will be intense with many coaching opportunities...

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

How do they pick officials for playoffs? The officials for this game were not very good. Spots for both teams were terrible.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

fbnut wrote:How do they pick officials for playoffs? The officials for this game were not very good. Spots for both teams were terrible.
Not sure of the OHSAA selection process other than if a catholic school team is involved they defer to the Vatican and Pope first to ensure the crew is favorable.

casey1017
Waterboy

Post by casey1017 »

Head coaches evaluate and vote for officials during the regular season. The best officials are assigned playoff games. Even the best officials can have an off night.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Congrats Burg!!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Good win for the Pirates! Well done!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great stadium as well but like was said earlier, clock operator struggled all night and with Burg running a hurry up offense it sometimes stopped that for a few minutes.

Return to “Football”