Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by fbnut »

burgbacker wrote:It seems that many of my fellow Pirates have forgotten how to be confident without being cocky. I think the Pirates are a great team and if they play their best football they should win tomorrow; but I think it's at best arrogant and at worst disrespectful to be talking about a Coldwater match up this week. Anyone who think Ridgewood won't give it their all to punch us in the mouth is crazy. It's even harder for me to understand considering the history we have with them in the playoffs. They have always been solid fundamentally and played hard. I don't doubt tomorrow will be an exception. I'm also sure plenty of teams have looked across the field at Wheelersburg in the playoffs and thought the outcome had already been decided only to end up on a long and disappointing bus ride home thinking about basketball season. Hamilton Badin and Warren JFK come to mind immediately...
Yeah what he said

SodaCounty7
Waterboy

Post by SodaCounty7 »

I hope the Pirates win this one for the SOC! Ridgewood will be a worthy opponent and will bring it. If the Pirates would lose could you imagine the All You Can Eat Buffet of Crow we'd have to eat? :D

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

wobycat wrote:

Tell everyone about vast number of playoff appearances and the state championship..........Oh Wait Nevermind That Too Is Burg!

True the Wood does not have any state championships, but does have 11 playoff appearances all coming since 2002. There record in the playoff is not stellar by any means but they have competed very well in all but maybe one or two of those games. They have a great tradition also, but maybe not quite as arrogant about it as some on here are about the Burg's. I think you will see the few Wood posters on here congratulating the Burg on Saturday morning if they win and move on. As silverhammer said, there is no shame in getting beat by a superior opponent.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This went from 0 to 100 in 4 posts. We have people saying they don't make predictions, who obviously did just 2 posts previously. We have people trying to talk about Burg's tradition and how they respect it and 2 seconds later get offended by a Burg posters who brings up said tradition. We've also got schmittie (gotta be CG's cousin) saying he is pulling for the SEO team and brings up a coldh2o drumming the SEO team will take. Then we have Wood fans getting upset or insulted that we start talking about Coldh2o. What in the world happened?
Answer: Schmitt happened. :lol:

Burg'10
Waterboy

Post by Burg'10 »

What exactly does Ridgwood have that Burg hasn't been able to stop all year long? Someone please explain, because watching wood's game film isn't impressing me any.

Godaboveall
Waterboy

Post by Godaboveall »

Is Chasen Burk playing?

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This went from 0 to 100 in 4 posts. We have people saying they don't make predictions, who obviously did just 2 posts previously. We have people trying to talk about Burg's tradition and how they respect it and 2 seconds later get offended by a Burg posters who brings up said tradition. We've also got schmittie (gotta be CG's cousin) saying he is pulling for the SEO team and brings up a coldh2o drumming the SEO team will take. Then we have Wood fans getting upset or insulted that we start talking about Coldh2o. What in the world happened?
glad to see you don't forget me pirate LOL but hammer is no kin to me, I just feel bad for him that he has to face the wrath of the inflator LOL.

hammer burg is winning this game by 21+

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Godaboveall wrote:Is Chasen Burk playing?
I heard he is.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
P(irate) wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This went from 0 to 100 in 4 posts. We have people saying they don't make predictions, who obviously did just 2 posts previously. We have people trying to talk about Burg's tradition and how they respect it and 2 seconds later get offended by a Burg posters who brings up said tradition. We've also got schmittie (gotta be CG's cousin) saying he is pulling for the SEO team and brings up a coldh2o drumming the SEO team will take. Then we have Wood fans getting upset or insulted that we start talking about Coldh2o. What in the world happened?
glad to see you don't forget me pirate LOL but hammer is no kin to me, I just feel bad for him that he has to face the wrath of the inflator LOL.

:lol: The inflator? Cmon man. You are doing your inflating too. 21+ :lol:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

42-10
That IS a prediction!

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

:lol: The inflator? Cmon man. You are doing your inflating too. 21+ :lol:
lol that's a gift to ridgewood , outcome probably a lot worse LOL

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

There was a old Christmas card my parents had with Santas sleigh crashed into a out house with santa saying
dammit Rudolph i said the schmitt house.
GOOOOOOOO Pirates

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Pirates are bad to the bone

And we have a chest to thump.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

silverhammer50 wrote:
breadandbutter7 wrote:I PROMISE you this will not be a game. Lol. See you next week trace.
y'all shoulda started a Wheelersburg vs Coldwater topic instead
why waste time with puny ol ridgewood

Wood 17-14
We would have but thats too far out so we started one for you next week on the basketball thread.... :lol: :lol:

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

P(irate) wrote:
I heard he is.
I do not think he will be playing unless they really need him , hopefully another week of rest.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Sport Fan wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
I heard he is.
I do not think he will be playing unless they really need him , hopefully another week of rest.
That's exactly how I said it when I heard about this. But I heard his answer was he is playing. It's his senior year.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

All fun and games aside, no one wants injuries or an embarrassing showing. We all want a good game and for absolutely no injuries!

Good Luck to both teams!
Thanks to the few Woodies on here who gave us someone to BS with back and forth. It does get kinda boring in the playoffs when no one from the area is in the board. Hard to try and beat them up. We all want our area team to win and have so much confidence at times we lose sight and go what seems to be overboard.

Bring on Friday!

Go Burg!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burk will be dressed and ready to play, however with this being his first week of practice for a couple weeks I don't see him getting in. Never know though. Good luck pirates!! Split the wood!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'll be shocked if the Burg doesn't win this game. Ridgewood would need a very special offense to overpower the Burg's "D". They have dominated 3 very good teams, one of them twice. They virtually shut all 3 offenses down. They shut down both strong running teams and passing teams. I'm not sure what Ridgewood has to offer in the way of offense but they better be able to control the front 7 of the Burg's "D" or else they'll find it difficult to score. I'll make this prediction...if the Burg scores 14 they'll win the game.

casey1017
Waterboy

Post by casey1017 »

Here are links to previews from the Portsmouth Daily Times, Coshocton Tribune, and Friday Night Ohio (as seen in the New Philadelphia Times Reporter)

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports ... r-generals

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/story/s ... /75532256/

http://www.fridaynightohio.com/news/rid ... eelersburg

Return to “Football”