Playoffs D3R9 #8 Bishop Watterson vs. #4 Jackson

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: D3R9 #8 Bishop Watterson vs. #4 Jackson

Post by formerfcfan »

Pol pot wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:Hamilton Township field is another possible location.
I think we'll see Kilbourne/Licking Heights there.

WK/LH would make sense at New Albany, but that might host Danville/Harvest Prep.

I'm not sure what schools applied to do playoffs, but BC would make sense for a field for this game, 1) because Chillicothe is going to be too far for home team Watterson [the now #1 seed by virtue of their upset] 2) I can't see OHSAA putting Zane Trace's game at Chillicothe.

Part of this will depend on what OCC schools win tomorrow night. Can't host if you're still in.

I don't think we'll see Athens host Burg's game. Trimble / Caldwell will play next Friday, significance here is that "the state" took a chance with New Lex for that game last year, awesome facility with terrible seating and even worse parking. I'm thinking Athens gets that game.

Of course, this is all speculation.

Do you try to make stuff up???? Where do you get that "you can't host if you're still in"???? A team playing on Saturday night has ZERO bearing on wether or not a school can host on a Friday night!!!!!
I'm laughing :)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Watterson is deep and the Eagles' strength is definitely in the defense. It should be a pretty solid game. If Jackson can get 17+ on BW, I'd like their chances if the Ironmen D plays well. Jackson can't play sloppy if they want a chance in this one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE JACKSON IRONMEN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

formerfcfan wrote:
Pol pot wrote:
formerfcfan wrote: I think we'll see Kilbourne/Licking Heights there.

WK/LH would make sense at New Albany, but that might host Danville/Harvest Prep.

I'm not sure what schools applied to do playoffs, but BC would make sense for a field for this game, 1) because Chillicothe is going to be too far for home team Watterson [the now #1 seed by virtue of their upset] 2) I can't see OHSAA putting Zane Trace's game at Chillicothe.

Part of this will depend on what OCC schools win tomorrow night. Can't host if you're still in.

I don't think we'll see Athens host Burg's game. Trimble / Caldwell will play next Friday, significance here is that "the state" took a chance with New Lex for that game last year, awesome facility with terrible seating and even worse parking. I'm thinking Athens gets that game.

Of course, this is all speculation.

Do you try to make stuff up???? Where do you get that "you can't host if you're still in"???? A team playing on Saturday night has ZERO bearing on wether or not a school can host on a Friday night!!!!!
I'm laughing :)

You should be laughing, as this is the 2nd time in two weeks you are spouting falsehoods as facts regarding play-offs and OHSAA. And you can't admit when you do such a thing.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Not sure what you're referring to, but take it with it me in private messaging, not on this thread.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Week 12 Athens hosted Ironton vs Johnsontown in 2012. Athens played 13 weeks that season. You can still host if you are in the tournament. I will say ohsaa does its best to keep both teams happy

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

You can still host if you're in the tournament, but the OHSAA usually tries to avoid having a school host on the same night that their team is playing a game at another neutral site. Basically, the concession workers, etc. are usually parents of the players, so they want the parents to be able to watch their kid's game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Welp....not in Logan

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Almost has to be Chillicothe, right?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I would guess Chillicothe since you played #7 Desales there

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

But Desales complained they took over the two seed and had to drive 80 minutes and Jackson drove 30. I wouldn't be surprised if this is in Columbus since Watterson is the #1 now. Hamilton a Township

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

OK, that makes more sense. Logic would suggest a school playing on FRI could perfectly host on SAT (vice versa), but then again OHSAA isn't always logical [*winks*]. Nevertheless, it appears I'm wrong on this one (I only know one guy who was right all the time). Oh well. I'll throw the bone you're way for that one, Pol Pot. From reading the tone of your posts towards me, sounds like you might need it. Still waiting on your PM about that other time I apparently was wrong.

This looks like one of Chillicothe, HT, and Bloom-Carroll (assuming those schools put in to host)? Alex/ZT @ Waverly apparently, Burg/Ridgewood @ Logan.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

What about Circleville?? Any nice fields there??

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I went to LU/Circleville last season, which was played at Circleville, and I'm 100% sure it was grass. Hamilton Twp, Bloom-Carroll, and I believe Canal Winchester are all turf fields and are as close as you can get to Circleville along with Chillicothe. Pretty sure Logan Elm is grass.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Halfway is Circleville

Keeper
Waterboy

Post by Keeper »

According to the OHSAA, travel time has nothing to do with deciding where a game is played. They have said that if one teams travels 2 hours and another 30 minutes that has no impact on the game. Total crap, but that has been their stance.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Circleville is a grass field. Doubt it's there. Has to be Chillicothe or Hamilton Township, in my opinion.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ironman02 wrote:Circleville is a grass field. Doubt it's there. Has to be Chillicothe or Hamilton Township, in my opinion.
Valley should get Chillicothe

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Raider6309 wrote:
ironman02 wrote:Circleville is a grass field. Doubt it's there. Has to be Chillicothe or Hamilton Township, in my opinion.
Valley plays on Saturday

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:
Valley plays on Saturday
Well I feel stupid

Return to “Football”