WK 4 Clinton Massie(2-1) @ Miami Trace (3-0)

wchreidman
Freshman Team

WK 4 Clinton Massie(2-1) @ Miami Trace (3-0)

Post by wchreidman »

This is the biggest game in SE Ohio this week. Massie begins there final SCOL road tour and have promised to put it to every team one last time. Miami Trace is a team that looks completely different coming in at 3-0 and destroying Logan Elm 56-14 last week who coming in was 2-0. They also have beaten a Solid Carlisle team.

Miami Trace to my knowledge has not defeated Clinton Massie, and Massie has only lost 1 game ever in the league and that was to Washington CH.j

This should be a good measuring stick for both teams to see where they are at, alot on the line besides a league title. Big Playoff points. Massie is currently 9th in there region and Miami Trace 5th.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK 4 Clinton Massie(2-1) @ Miami Trace (3-0)

Post by danicalifornia »

As someone who has worked in that area, it's definitely not SE Ohio lol

Massie will win, but this should be a pretty close game, at least for a while.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

I work in the Area too and Washington, Miami Trace, HIllsboro, McClain are are all SE district. So even though we are not all the way South we still are SE. We will just call it South Limbo, since we are not considered Columbus , or Dayton , or truly SE.

I am not sold on Massie winning most years yes, this year they struggled to beat Blanchester, lost to a good Turpin team. They Struggle covering the pass.

Should be interesting I don't see 50 to 70pts being put up by Massie.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The league looks pretty competitive for the final year. Huge game for both teams for the playoff points

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Going to go with Trace this year.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Everyone seems to think that Trace is the real deal. I guess we will know after this week. If Trace beats Massie this week it sets up a big time matchup next week at Chilli league and region 11 playoff implications. Still think Massie wins in a tough one.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Massie leads 21-7 after 3

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

thought it might be the other way around

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Massie still going to run the league. They lost to a very good Turpin team, still are extremely disciplined and strong, going to be a tough out to anyone in D4.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Massie wins 24-14.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

I wish Wheelersburg would get rid of the Fairland and Oak Hill teams, then pick up either Trace or Massie.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

85yards wrote:I wish Wheelersburg would get rid of the Fairland and Oak Hill teams, then pick up either Trace or Massie.
Massie would definitely play them, unless the Turpin game is going to be a yearly thing now. They went to Steubenville last year and don't back down from good competition. I'd like to see that matchup between 2 extremely good football teams.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

In regards to Wheelersburg they need an early season challenge. As the Ironton program is in a serious downward tailspin their program is in disarray. The Ironton Tigers are no early test anymore but great to keep just as a So. Ohio rival. Massie or Trace would be a great pickup in week 2 for an early season challenge to replace Fairland. Portsmouth in week 3 is great for a Scioto county rivalry game, but really hasn't tested the Pirates in a number of years.

Wheelesburg needs a team that will make them play 4 quarters of hard nosed football to get them ready for the playoffs. Most of these teams Burg plays there's a running clock by halftime, and that will show once they get against teams who will make them play 4-quarters of hard-nosed football. So lets make this happen in week two. Massie or Trace, what say you?

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15

Return to “Football”