Post by mattash »

Huge SOC game, winner could be on path to Championship vs. East

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
js7_22
Varsity

Re: WK4 (2-1) Notre Dame @ (2-1) Eastern Pike

Post by js7_22 »

Should be a good one, last year Eastern was getting its feet wet and ND ended up pulling away.

Notre Dame is more balanced in the backfield this year, and can throw to keep team off balanced.

Defense is questionable though. This will be a challenge for them, but I feel their offense will be too much.

Notre Dame 31
Eastern 21

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Like to see Eastern win this one but I think ND is improved from last years team. Don't believe it will be close, ND by 3+ scores.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

I heard the Gray kid from Eastern is out. If this is true ND wins handily.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

greygoose wrote:Like to see Eastern win this one but I think ND is improved from last years team. Don't believe it will be close, ND by 3+ scores.
ND is in no way 3 TDs better than the Eagles there is East then the rest of the soc1 trying to catch them. This is a pretty evenly matched game still not sure on Grays playing condition he didn't play much at all Friday and now we just wait this week and see if the shoulder contusion is getting better.

GO EAGLES
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I'll take Eastern Pike in this one. 27-18

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown22 wrote:
greygoose wrote:Like to see Eastern win this one but I think ND is improved from last years team. Don't believe it will be close, ND by 3+ scores.
ND is in no way 3 TDs better than the Eagles there is East then the rest of the soc1 trying to catch them. This is a pretty evenly matched game still not sure on Grays playing condition he didn't play much at all Friday and now we just wait this week and see if the shoulder contusion is getting better.
Why did you say East and then everyone else? Is it because they won it last year?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

East is quick !

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

bighead wrote:East is quick !
Read the title again genius.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Mailman wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Why did you say East and then everyone else? Is it because they won it last year?
they look pretty good they are fast, if u can key on the run they throw the ball well everybody on defense seems to be on the ball and when Scott comes back the run game opens up more. They just seem to be ahead of everyone right now and I figure we all will know where we stand and how good we are when we play them.

GO EAGLES
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

brown22 wrote:
Guess we'll find out, but honestly it's a prediction and to say there's NO WAY they are 3 tds better. Why not?? ND beat them by 12 last year and they are improved. Now if Eastern has an improved passing game, easiest way to beat ND, then yeah it won't be 3 tds and they'll have a good shot at winning. Then again can Eastern stop Kayser?? All these questions will soon be answered. For now though it's Sunday and it's a prediction you want to debate a PREDICTION, or a guess, on a game score by all means knock yourself out. I hope I'm wrong and Eastern wins the game. Notre Dames only loss is to a team that Eastern couldn't play with right now and it was by 7. Toughest game for Eastern has been Southeastern, which is a .500 team even starting out 3-0.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Close early, then ND pulls away late. Good luck to both teams!!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

greygoose wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Guess we'll find out, but honestly it's a prediction and to say there's NO WAY they are 3 tds better. Why not?? ND beat them by 12 last year and they are improved. Now if Eastern has an improved passing game, easiest way to beat ND, then yeah it won't be 3 tds and they'll have a good shot at winning. Then again can Eastern stop Kayser?? All these questions will soon be answered. For now though it's Sunday and it's a prediction you want to debate a PREDICTION, or a guess, on a game score by all means knock yourself out. I hope I'm wrong and Eastern wins the game. Notre Dames only loss is to a team that Eastern couldn't play with right now and it was by 7. Toughest game for Eastern has been Southeastern, which is a .500 team even starting out 3-0.
not debating anything just think eastern is playing well enough not to lose to ND by 3TDs hope I'm right but could always be wrong. I will agree with you about southeastern even without Gray playing much that's a win we needed to have and should of pulled out. We have the QB to be a good passing team just have to work out some little things with the receivers. ND has Kayser and as of now we have Gray back this week and he is no pushover either, pretty evenly matched this year from what film I've been able to see.

GO EAGLES
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

brown22 wrote:
greygoose wrote:
brown22 wrote:
not debating anything just think eastern is playing well enough not to lose to ND by 3TDs hope I'm right but could always be wrong. I will agree with you about southeastern even without Gray playing much that's a win we needed to have and should of pulled out. We have the QB to be a good passing team just have to work out some little things with the receivers. ND has Kayser and as of now we have Gray back this week and he is no pushover either, pretty evenly matched this year from what film I've been able to see.
Having Gray back will help, but what percentage is he? Will he go 100% during practice this week? If not, he won't be game speed ready.

Notre Dame has worked out the week 1 kinks, and it'll be hard to stop Kayser, but the biggest surprise will be can they stop Johnson and Mader in the backfield as well... All 3 very quick and explosive running backs capable and breaking it open at any time.

Eastern may have success throwing the ball, ND will have to play very good defense to hold Eastern from scoring.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Glad to hear they've got the capability to pass the ball as that has always seemed to be ND weakness on defense. ND will always come into a game very disciplined and tough up front defensively running is tough they typically don't make the mistake given up the long run. They will give up the pass for whatever reason always seem to struggle there. Offensively again just a solid team that has a big playmaker in Kayser. Not taking anything away from the other 2 backs but teams having to concentrate on Kayser opens it up for the other 2. If Kayser gets going it will be a long night as ND will be able to run their entire offense and then some. Special teams could be huge in this one. What is the age group of this eastern team?? curious how they were looking going forward.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Should be a good game but I think ND by 2 TDs

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Home field gets the W genius !! LoL

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

bighead wrote:Home field gets the W genius !! LoL
Are all of your posts this well thought out?

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

bighead wrote:Home field gets the W genius !! LoL
Good call genius..

Stone Cold
JV Team

Re: Notre Dame 28 Eastern Pike 19

Post by Stone Cold »

Great win for the Titans!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....

Return to “Football”