SEOP

Re: WK4 (2-1) Minford @ (0-3) Northwest

Post by BigBlueNation »

Minford big.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

The Mohawks just need to get some guys healthy. Hopefully they will before conference play starts. Not much the staff can do so short handed. 1 or 2 starters out makes a huge hole. Double digit starters out is insurmountable. Those who know the situation understand. Will continue to back them no matter what. Good luck going forward.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Injuries are a part of football and each team has to deal with them. Injuries or no injuries Minford handles this one with ease.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

greygoose wrote:Injuries are a part of football and each team has to deal with them. Injuries or no injuries Minford handles this one with ease.
Agreed. Not to this extreme degree though. They currently have around 12 out right now. Not every team deals with that.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bfry wrote:
greygoose wrote:Injuries are a part of football and each team has to deal with them. Injuries or no injuries Minford handles this one with ease.
Agreed. Not to this extreme degree though. They currently have around 12 out right now. Not every team deals with that.
Nope it's not a good situation, I've seen teams playing with 14-17 guys by seasons end just part of it can't control injuries. Have to question exactly how many guys are out?? Northwest size being down to 12 healthy kids also have to wonder how have so many gotten hurt.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

greygoose wrote:
bfry wrote:
Nope it's not a good situation, I've seen teams playing with 14-17 guys by seasons end just part of it can't control injuries. Have to question exactly how many guys are out?? Northwest size being down to 12 healthy kids also have to wonder how have so many gotten hurt.
If you're implying that they are doing something they shouldn't, I can assure you, they aren't. Also, the equipment is top notch. Most of it brand new, especially helmets. I think injuries are like colds when you aren't winning. Contagious.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bfry wrote:
greygoose wrote:
bfry wrote:
If you're implying that they are doing something they shouldn't, I can assure you, they aren't. Also, the equipment is top notch. Most of it brand new, especially helmets. I think injuries are like colds when you aren't winning. Contagious.
Wasn't implying that was questioning how many kids are hurt?? You start getting up into double digit injuries that's not contagious that's a problem.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

greygoose wrote:
bfry wrote:
greygoose wrote:
Wasn't implying that was questioning how many kids are hurt?? You start getting up into double digit injuries that's not contagious

Not here to argue, but I think I have a solid idea.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Oh, I got ya. That's what I was wondering. Thanks. Hopefully things turn around.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Falcons sending out the JV team to Northwest?

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Minford needs to win and win big.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I heard that Northwest was really low on kids that came out this year. How many do they have now after these injuries?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Bleeding Red wrote:I heard that Northwest was really low on kids that came out this year. How many do they have now after these injuries?
I was told about 20.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigBlueNation wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I heard that Northwest was really low on kids that came out this year. How many do they have now after these injuries?
I was told about 20.
Yikes! One would have to wonder how long they will continue the football program with such low numbers. How many kids did they start with?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Bleeding Red wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:
I was told about 20.
Yikes! One would have to wonder how long they will continue the football program with such low numbers. How many kids did they start with?
You only need 11. Many schools around here compete with 17-22. And some do pretty well considering. But it is disturbing that a school that big has that low of a number.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

They'll have the numbers. They also have alot of talent coming up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigBlueNation wrote:They'll have the numbers. They also have alot of talent coming up.
Good to hear.

One thing that makes it tough is the size of the actual school district. Massive!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Heard on the coaches call in show Saturday they are hurting at QB. They went through 4 QB that are injured with concussions and other health issues and they had to call the game with 2 min to go in the game because they had no one left to play QB. This will be a painful game for NW to get through with so many injuries. I feel for them but this will be over by the 1/2. Minford needs to play respectful.

Return to “Football”