"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Week 3 Beallsville @ (0-2) Warren

Post by thebarlowbandit »

mattash wrote:Thoughts?
Is it basketball season yet?

Actually this is one of 2 games I believe we have a chance for a win.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hope they can win.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Get rid of that 0

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Warren by as many as they want.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Beallsville has 16 players. Probably the smallest school in the state. Warren had better win!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Wow Warren lol.

I think Warren is on the same level as Belpre I'd say they'd go 5-5 if they played a D7 schedule.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote:Wow Warren lol.

I think Warren is on the same level as Belpre I'd say they'd go 5-5 if they played a D7 schedule.
They are like Athens back 10 years ago. Athens lost to Fed Hock in 2008. In a few years Athens had a program that could compete with anyone in SEO. Warren needs to play the smaller school in the area. Win some games. No need to play teams like Athens and Jackson.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Well I think Beallsville might be one of the worst teams in D7 so Warren should win... I hope this is there homecoming.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote:

They are like Athens back 10 years ago. Athens lost to Fed Hock in 2008. In a few years Athens had a program that could compete with anyone in SEO. Warren needs to play the smaller school in the area. Win some games. No need to play teams like Athens and Jackson.
What schools in the Warren area would play them? I Know Mariette would do it.
Last edited by noreply66 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Beallsville dropped out of the PVC because they could not compete a league made up of D6 and D7 schools.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote:Beallsville dropped out of the PVC because they could not compete a league made up of D6 and D7 schools.
What makes this especially funny is that Fort Frye only beat Beallsville a handful of times over the last 40 years or so. I remember that Beallsville kept FF out of the playoffs the year before FF went 9-1 and hosted its first ever playoff game...oh, that 1 loss during the playoff season? Beallsville. Also, Beallsville beat FF both times they played AFTER Beallsville left the PVC.

At one time, and probably still, Beallsville was/is THE smallest school in the state of Ohio to field a football team. They actually had a pretty strong local/league tradition going back as far as the 70s and including the 90s (made the State Semifinals in 94, before expanded playoffs) and it seems that a variety of factors finally caught up to them. My impression was always that the reason they left the PVC was mostly about not wanting to play county/district rival Monroe Central in anything any longer over bad blood in the county/district about the schools. Could be wrong, just what I gathered from my limited sources. If I understand the news correctly, the local Board of Education ultimately and illegally closed Beallsville's school prior to last year and Beallsville kids were expected to be absorbed into Monroe Central (with some other options available). Citizens fought the district and gained a favorable court ruling to re-open the school and so they cling to life for a few more years.

Last year's football team had already canceled all its games over the school closure and they scrambled to put together a schedule, which included some JV teams, a couple WV schools, and perennial state powerhouse Maria Stein Marion Local.

It will probably be awhile if they're ever to restore any of their past success, but the school has made the D7 playoffs 8 times since 1999 and as recently as 2013 and a Regional Final in 2011. Beallsville left the PVC after 2004 school year and made the playoffs for the next four seasons (going 8-2 against PVC teams in that span) but are probably more known for losing in the first round as a #1 seed to Shadyside in 2006...71-0. Two years later, they played again and lost 14-3 and in 2011, the teams met in the regular season with Shadyside taking it 7-6 (both teams made the Regional Final that year in different regions - Shadyside in Region 21, Beallsville in Region 23).

I'm not connected, so I'm not sure how this game between Beallsville and Warren came about, but I believe one of the Warren assistant coaches was a 1st Team All-Ohio lineman at Beallsville in the late 80s (maybe twice). Beallsville certainly seems to be in a really bad place right now (beyond just football), but Warren has lost 20 games in a row (by scoring 13 points against Marietta's reserves last week, Warren only needs 21 more points to match their total points from all of last season) so I don't see any game as a given. This is an interesting matchup for what is probably all the wrong reasons.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

noreply66 wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:

Marietta is Warren's main rival, I guess...they play now. Warren-Belpre was at one time the big county rivalry but it got pretty lopsided as Belpre's enrollment plummeted and they dropped all the way to D7. Those two teams stopped playing after 2010 (maybe 2011?) and now play in the Jamboree Game or whatever that pre-season game is called. Warren and Fort Frye used to play in football every season, as well. Warren plays all those teams, plus Caldwell in basketball (they also play Waterford and Frontier in some sports at the Jr High/Freshman & sometimes JV level). I like that the school doesn't really shy away from competition, but at the same time, I think the football program really needs to just taste some success and scaling back might really be the answer. They're in a unique spot without a real league right now and local gates would do well in addition to having a reasonable chance of success. Even if they'd improved astronomically this season, there's only really 2-3 games that they could've expected to have a shot at.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to Warren!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Beallsville dropped out of the PVC because they could not compete a league made up of D6 and D7 schools.
What makes this especially funny is that Fort Frye only beat Beallsville a handful of times over the last 40 years or so. I remember that Beallsville kept FF out of the playoffs the year before FF went 9-1 and hosted its first ever playoff game...oh, that 1 loss during the playoff season? Beallsville. Also, Beallsville beat FF both times they played AFTER Beallsville left the PVC.

At one time, and probably still, Beallsville was/is THE smallest school in the state of Ohio to field a football team. They actually had a pretty strong local/league tradition going back as far as the 70s and including the 90s (made the State Semifinals in 94, before expanded playoffs) and it seems that a variety of factors finally caught up to them. My impression was always that the reason they left the PVC was mostly about not wanting to play county/district rival Monroe Central in anything any longer over bad blood in the county/district about the schools. Could be wrong, just what I gathered from my limited sources. If I understand the news correctly, the local Board of Education ultimately and illegally closed Beallsville's school prior to last year and Beallsville kids were expected to be absorbed into Monroe Central (with some other options available). Citizens fought the district and gained a favorable court ruling to re-open the school and so they cling to life for a few more years.

Last year's football team had already canceled all its games over the school closure and they scrambled to put together a schedule, which included some JV teams, a couple WV schools, and perennial state powerhouse Maria Stein Marion Local.

It will probably be awhile if they're ever to restore any of their past success, but the school has made the D7 playoffs 8 times since 1999 and as recently as 2013 and a Regional Final in 2011. Beallsville left the PVC after 2004 school year and made the playoffs for the next four seasons (going 8-2 against PVC teams in that span) but are probably more known for losing in the first round as a #1 seed to Shadyside in 2006...71-0. Two years later, they played again and lost 14-3 and in 2011, the teams met in the regular season with Shadyside taking it 7-6 (both teams made the Regional Final that year in different regions - Shadyside in Region 21, Beallsville in Region 23).

I'm not connected, so I'm not sure how this game between Beallsville and Warren came about, but I believe one of the Warren assistant coaches was a 1st Team All-Ohio lineman at Beallsville in the late 80s (maybe twice). Beallsville certainly seems to be in a really bad place right now (beyond just football), but Warren has lost 20 games in a row (by scoring 13 points against Marietta's reserves last week, Warren only needs 21 more points to match their total points from all of last season) so I don't see any game as a given. This is an interesting matchup for what is probably all the wrong reasons.

Yea Fort Frye was pretty bad those years.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Warren should win easily.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote:
Morgan, Marietta, Waterford, Belpre, Fed Hock, Fort Frye, Caldwell, and Frontier

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Maybe add Williamstown W. Va.

edforshey
Varsity

Re: Warren 65 Bealsville 0

Post by edforshey »

Both Parkersburg and Parkersburg High play them now and would love to continue the series.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Re: Warren 65 Bealsville 0

Post by MeyerSpread »

This really bothers me. Warren is use to getting the crap kicked out of them. You would think if any team around here wouldn't want to run the score up on someone it would be Warren since they know how it feels. Shame on the coaching staff.

Return to “Football”