DII Region #7

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

DII Region #7

Post by Auburntgrfan »

1 Louisville 4-0 (playoff team 10-0 2008)
2 Olentangy Orange 4-0 (DIII last year 3-7 2008)
3 Logan 4-0 (playoff team 10-0 2008)
4 New Phildelphia 4-0 (DIII last year playoff team 8-2 2008)
5 Zanesville 4-0 (5-5 2008)
6 St Charles 3-1 (6-4 2008)
7 Marion Franklin 3-1 (playoff team 9-1 2008)
8 Big Walnut 3-1 (playoff team 8-2 2008)
9 Warren 4-0 (DIII last year 4-6 2008)
10 Athens 4-0 (DIII last year 4-6 2008)
11 Tri Valley 3-1 (7-3 2008)
12 Walnut Ridge 3-1 (6-4 2008)
13 Brookhaven 2-2 (DI last year playoff team 9-1 2009)
14 Canal Winchester 3-1 (DIII last year playoff team 9-1)
These are unoffical of course, but still nice to see local teams here. Long way to go yet and many factors involved.

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: DII Region #7

Post by loganlocos »

BIG upcoming games in the region:

Week 5: #2 Olentangy Orange at #8 Big Walnut
Week 6: #3 Logan vs #5 Zanesville
Week 7: #5 Zanesville vs #6 St. Charles
Week 8: #3 Logan at #9 Warren

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

ttt

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Will 10-0 or 9-1 get Athens in?
Warren 9-1 make it?

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Logan is a shoe in to make it I think they'll finish 10-0 as for Warren & Athens I think Athens 10-0 & a 9-1 Warren team would get in...... Athens @ 9-1 can't lose a league game defintley can't be to NY... I'd say if Athens lost to Wahama in week 10 maybe just maybe ???? Will all find out in 6 weeks very important weeks for now

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Athens probably needs to be 10-0. They will need points from Alex, Nelsonville, and Wahama to get in, and those are the 3 teams I think they could lose to.

I mean, they could probably lose to Belpre, Wellston, or Vinton and still get in, but I guess if they lose to one of those three they probably won't beat Alex, Nelsonville, or Wahama.

Warren Probably needs 8 or 9 wins. Obviously their challenges are Logan, Ironton, Chillicothe, and Portsmouth. If the Warriors take 2 of those 4 they might have a shot.

Early to tell yet. I haven't done the math for the region yet.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Warren must have 8 wins for a shot. Going in a #8 would mean a trip to Louisville or Logan whoever ends up on top. But they would make school history by beiing the first team to ever make the playoffs. When they took the top four Warren was 5th or 6th several years. When it moved to 8 teams Warren has been 9 or 1o a couple of times. Sooooo too early to tell yet many things can happen. Need to get a "W" this week against Point. One week at a time.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

7072 -

Assuming Louisville runs the table (and the meat of their schedul is now behind them), Logan can't pass the Leopards, they should be the #1 seed.

IF Logan gets by their last 6 games unscathed, they seem to be a lock for the #2 seed according to my math.

Same for Brookhaven. If they run the table (and only Beechcroft stands in their way), they will be the #3 seed.

After that, it's a mess. 8 wins would put Warren right on the bubble. Lots of teams going to be VERY close to getting in for the last 4 spots.

WAAAAAY too early to get a full look at the picture, but that's how I see things projecting at this early stage of the game.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

7072 wrote:1 Louisville 4-0 (playoff team 10-0 2008)
2 Olentangy Orange 4-0 (DIII last year 3-7 2008)
3 Logan 4-0 (playoff team 10-0 2008)
4 New Phildelphia 4-0 (DIII last year playoff team 8-2 2008)
5 Zanesville 4-0 (5-5 2008)
6 St Charles 3-1 (6-4 2008)
7 Marion Franklin 3-1 (playoff team 9-1 2008)
8 Big Walnut 3-1 (playoff team 8-2 2008)
9 Warren 4-0 (DIII last year 4-6 2008)
10 Athens 4-0 (DIII last year 4-6 2008)
11 Tri Valley 3-1 (7-3 2008)
12 Walnut Ridge 3-1 (6-4 2008)
13 Brookhaven 2-2 (DI last year playoff team 9-1 2009)
14 Canal Winchester 3-1 (DIII last year playoff team 9-1)
These are unoffical of course, but still nice to see local teams here. Long way to go yet and many factors involved.

I have seen Louisville play this year. they are a very good football team. After friday night, i will be able to see if Logan is a real contender for this region title. It would be nice to see Logan or Warren do well in this region.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

85inside wrote:I have seen Louisville play this year. they are a very good football team. After friday night, i will be able to see if Logan is a real contender for this region title. It would be nice to see Logan or Warren do well in this region.

Louisville is definitely the real deal. Logan is getting better, but need to keep getting better each week to play with the Leopards. Right now they are definitely the favorite in Region 7.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

LoganLocos wrote:Louisville is definitely the real deal. Logan is getting better, but need to keep getting better each week to play with the Leopards. Right now they are definitely the favorite in Region 7.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganLocos wrote:
85inside wrote:I have seen Louisville play this year. they are a very good football team. After friday night, i will be able to see if Logan is a real contender for this region title. It would be nice to see Logan or Warren do well in this region.

Louisville is definitely the real deal. Logan is getting better, but need to keep getting better each week to play with the Leopards. Right now they are definitely the favorite in Region 7.

I agree Louisville is #1. Now let's not say they are unbeatable.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

First off Athens may not be able to make it with a perfect season let alone losing a game and definately not losing two. I don't think the team or the staff have the playoffs in mind anyway(though I would like to see the kids earn an extra week to help further the program), I think they just want to have continued success and build a respectable program on a year in and year out basis and worry about playoff births in the future. Second Louisville is going to be a tough out for anyone this season but Logan has to be mentioned in the conversation of those who could win the region also. Warren is having a great year and deservidily so however, Logan, Ironton and, Zanesville will likely be to much for them to handle. Time will tell good luck to all of the area teams, I hope we get several area teams in the playoffs in all regions.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

dazed&confused wrote:I agree Louisville is #1. Now let's not say they are unbeatable.

No..they are definitely not unbeatable..especially right now if Swigert can't rest any and get 100% before the post season. I think Logan's passing attack is just what it will take to bring down the Leopards. With that being said..can Logan's defense step up enough to shut down the Leopard's threats as well? If they meet up again..that would remain to be seen. Would be a great rematch for sure. But there is a lot of teams in this region that you will have to worry about besides Louisville and Logan...Brookhaven definitely wants to get that title back. Marion Franklin looks like they are serious this year as well. St. Charles looks to be back to their old form. We will find out just how good Zanesville is in a couple weeks also. Anyone have any insight on New Philly?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Louisville, Logan, and New Philly are virtual locks to get in. Big Nut also should make it. Zanesville probably gets in too. One of the City League teams gets in ( M-F maybe, Brookhaven is also good). Lots of bubble teams this year and it may be very close on points to get in.

I've seen Louisville & they are better than last year. Its the D that makes them better this year.

Athens gets in only if they go 10-0. 9-1 gets dicey and they may need help. They play too many teams that are 0-for and won't generate points. 8-2 and they miss the playoffs.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ah, wouldn't it be sweeet to see my boys from A-town square off against the their true/original rival from Logan!

Man, to have the opportunity to avenge that 6-0 "lucky win" by the Chiefs back in '02, or was it '03 - I can't remember ... I just know, and 2old knows and Locos knows and Pfloyd knows that Athens won that game that night ... had it not rained all week, Athens wins by 2 TD's .. instead, we pretty much dominate field position all game only to come up short at the Hilltop ... perhaps the green & gold will have the chance to make new 'good' memories at the new stadium.

:mrgreen:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Sweet I don't know......The famous slip game in a downpour at Logan I believe was in 02 with the goal line stand at Athens in 03. Woulda, coulda, shoulda both years.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

A-town is dead on.

2002 was the year that the Logan defense shut down Gregory and co. to earn a hard earned victory over the 'Dogs.

2003 was the year Austin Rohr ran wild Tory Kratzenburg made a KEY interception of Gregory to get Logan another win at Rutter Field.

Paladin -

Both Brookhaven and Marion Franklin are pretty much locks if they win the games they should. Brookhaven will be the 3 seed if they win according to my projections.

New Philly's position depends on their week 10 game with Dover. Until then it is smooth sailing for the Quakers. They could host if they beat Dover, with a loss, they will likely be on the road.

As I said on the Huddle, it will be about 8-10 teams battling for the last 2-3 spots.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

There were other 'close encounters' besides the 02 game A-town ... and yes you are right, it was 02 because JOSH PUGH was playing DE ... I can remember as far back as 1989 when I tagged along with my mom (who was the 'Dogs cheerleading advisor) and a car full of good looking gals to LOGAN so we could dress the downtown area with multiple rolls of green & gold streamers!!! Then we trucked it on over to Daryl Cook's house (who was the Logan superintendent - and former Athens employee) so we could pound a big "GO BULLDOGS" sign on his beautiful front lawn ... Then of course it was off to the Hilltop where we continued our streamer party ... Ah, those were the days ... Except of course I believe we were beaten again by the Chiefs ... I honestly think I have only seen Athens beat Logan one time in my life, I think Bubba's team in 1990 got em ... but other than that, its just memories of heart break hotel and a bunch of thrashings (i.e. my junior and senior years when we were crushed by like 40 or more pts ... lol)

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

93Bulldog wrote:Ah, wouldn't it be sweeet to see my boys from A-town square off against the their true/original rival from Logan!

Man, to have the opportunity to avenge that 6-0 "lucky win" by the Chiefs back in '02, or was it '03 - I can't remember ... I just know, and 2old knows and Locos knows and Pfloyd knows that Athens won that game that night ... had it not rained all week, Athens wins by 2 TD's .. instead, we pretty much dominate field position all game only to come up short at the Hilltop ... perhaps the green & gold will have the chance to make new 'good' memories at the new stadium.

:mrgreen:

Things would be very very ugly for Athens if they matched up with Logan.

Return to “Football”