Cut and run kings

thebarlowbandit
All State

Cut and run kings

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Athens cancelled another JV game against a team they would loose to, (that's two now), but is more than happy to come beat up on my Warriors. 65 kids on the roster (as reported by a NY poster), and yet when it's a tough opponent they are "to injured" to play a JV game. Sad, and as much as I've given Logan posters crap, I'll say I apologize, because you guys are at least stepping up to the plate week in and week out, same as Blue.

doubleplay643
S

Re: Cut and run kings

Post by doubleplay643 »

If you are on the schedule for a game with another school, and that school is relying on playing that game for its JV and/or Frosh teams, then barring some extraordinary set of circumstances it should be played.

Pretty simple.

thebarlowbandit
All State

doubleplay643 wrote:If you are on the schedule for a game with another school, and that school is relying on playing that game for its JV and/or Frosh teams, then barring some extraordinary set of circumstances it should be played.

Pretty simple.

Exactly, and when a team has 60 kids on a roster how do you not field a JV team? I see all types of programs who have 16-18 kid JV teams and they play 8 games.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Don't know why Athens is trying to piss everyone off ? It makes no sense!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

If you schedule it then play it.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Here you go, anyone want to bet they are healthy enough to play Alexander? Just like they were healthy enough to play Warren. But too beat up for NY or CW????

http://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/5467758

thebarlowbandit
All State

And better yet, they have 36 Freshmen and Sophmores and cannot play a JV game.

http://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/5467784

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

D5 Burg was looking for some JV or Freshman games a couple weeks ago if they looking to make these up.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Abe Froman wrote:D5 Burg was looking for some JV or Freshman games a couple weeks ago if they looking to make these up.
Tell your AD to contact Athens AD John Rodgers. Athens vs Wheelersburg would be a good JV game. Long travel but good quality, which is rare in junior varsity games.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens is notorious for cancelling junior high games as they left Jackson high and dry several times before

thebarlowbandit
All State

Raider6309 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:D5 Burg was looking for some JV or Freshman games a couple weeks ago if they looking to make these up.
Tell your AD to contact Athens AD John Rodgers. Athens vs Wheelersburg would be a good JV game. Long travel but good quality, which is rare in junior varsity games.
They've already shown that they (Athens) has no interest in "good quality" JV games, cutting from the two decent opponents they've already faced. Athens also appears to only have 3 Freshmen games, so looks like they have plenty of room to fit Burg in. :D

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Assume Athens Logan Jackson Chillicothe all playing each other in JV and Freshman games to get younger players the reps they need?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Logan , Warren Jackson and chilly will show up and play anyone . Reguardless if it's a down class or not.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Poo Bear wrote:Logan , Warren Jackson and chilly will show up and play anyone . Reguardless if it's a down class or not.
Doesn't matter if freshman or JV wins it is about getting reps. Sometimes best players in these classes are playing up so wins and losses irrelevant. Get kids time prep for next year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Yes agree 100% . Some don't see it that way. Jackson get canceled on quite often

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Poo Bear wrote:Yes agree 100% . Some don't see it that way. Jackson get canceled on quite often
Well we won't Poo guarantee you that we got 80 kids 9-12 or so to find games for lol

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I know burg won't cancel buddy. And they ll be well coached and ready .

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Athens cancelled another JV game against a team they would loose to, (that's two now), but is more than happy to come beat up on my Warriors. 65 kids on the roster (as reported by a NY poster), and yet when it's a tough opponent they are "to injured" to play a JV game. Sad, and as much as I've given Logan posters crap, I'll say I apologize, because you guys are at least stepping up to the plate week in and week out, same as Blue.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:Athens cancelled another JV game against a team they would loose to, (that's two now), but is more than happy to come beat up on my Warriors. 65 kids on the roster (as reported by a NY poster), and yet when it's a tough opponent they are "to injured" to play a JV game. Sad, and as much as I've given Logan posters crap, I'll say I apologize, because you guys are at least stepping up to the plate week in and week out, same as Blue.

It's the Athens coaching staffs fault.
Quit canceling JV games because one or 2 kids have a hang nail when you have more than enough kids to play.
Nelsonville-Yorks JV lost a chance to play a game because you had 2 players hurt. JV football isn't about winning and losing, it's about getting experience.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Good topic since the bullpuppies are the cut and run Kings!

Return to “Football”