River Valley 39 South Point 18

RVRaiderFan
All State

River Valley 39 South Point 18

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Thoughts on this one?
River Valley coming off a win over rival GAHS, while South Point has lost both games to KY schools I believe.
This is the first match up between the two schools since 2013, which was RV's last season in the OVC.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
BlizzardMan
S

Re: Wk 3: River Valley (2-0) @ South Point (0-2)

Post by BlizzardMan »

I don't know much about South Point, but I think RV is happy with a W, but know they played a very sloppy game last night. RV really should have won by a couple more scores with better execution. Campbell kid is a beast, but had defenders hanging on him as soon as he touched the ball last night. I'll pick RV in this one, solely based on I think they are still a better team than they've played so far this year.

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Rv gets it done

jnraider1999
Waterboy

Post by jnraider1999 »

I would say rv starts 4-0 on the season and then the schedule gets tougher

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Interested to see how this one turns out. Hope for a good game at South Point Friday night.

This is a 7pm kick off.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

River Valley by 3TD

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

RV took GAHS's very best punch on Sat. They survived. Now, need to clean some things up and literally run over South Point. I hope they are not looking ahead to next week. This will be a game that I think RV will keep the ball on the ground and give their future opponents less to prepare for. At least that is what this arm-chair OC would do. Less is more in this game.

GO Raiders!!!

I think RV goes 3-0 after beating SP this Friday.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I really hope RV pulls out the win and keeps the success going. This would prove to SE Ohio that they have improved and not just playing in a weak league.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

RV should win this road game !

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

MeyerSpread wrote:I really hope RV pulls out the win and keeps the success going. This would prove to SE Ohio that they have improved and not just playing in a weak league.
They have arrived they would have gotten beat by Eastern and Blue 5-6 years ago hell 7-3 start 2-0 RV never did that very often in the past, they now compete even when they lost against Meigs, Alex, beat a pretty good Rock Hill team played with Zane Trace until right before half. You got to compete before you can win.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

bevo wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:I really hope RV pulls out the win and keeps the success going. This would prove to SE Ohio that they have improved and not just playing in a weak league.
They have arrived they would have gotten beat by Eastern and Blue 5-6 years ago hell 7-3 start 2-0 RV never did that very often in the past, they now compete even when they lost against Meigs, Alex, beat a pretty good Rock Hill team played with Zane Trace until right before half. You got to compete before you can win.
I'd like to see them drop Eastern. They are ready to beef that schedule up a bit. Anybody know if they are still on the schedule next year?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

bevo wrote:
I don't know what arriving is?? This is a small rural school in southeastern Ohio they have a good coach! They would have gotten beat by Eastern and Blue 5-6 years ago hell 7-3 start 2-0 RV never did that very often in the past, they now compete even when they lost against Meigs, Alex, beat a pretty good Rock Hill team played with Zane Trace until right before half. You got to compete before you can win.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

River Valley 39 South Point 18 congrats RV

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:
bevo wrote:
I'd like to see them drop Eastern. They are ready to beef that schedule up a bit. Anybody know if they are still on the schedule next year?
I dont think anyone cried when Eastern beat them every year? They plat South Point who you never know what they have and Waverly, schedule is fine!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
bevo wrote: They have arrived they would have gotten beat by Eastern and Blue 5-6 years ago hell 7-3 start 2-0 RV never did that very often in the past, they now compete even when they lost against Meigs, Alex, beat a pretty good Rock Hill team played with Zane Trace until right before half. You got to compete before you can win.
I dont think anyone cried when Eastern beat them every year? They plat South Point who you never know what they have and Waverly, schedule is fine!
Eastern isn't going to help them any time soon.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Great win tonight for the Raiders!
This is the 3rd straight year in a row that the Raiders have started the season off 3-0.

Awesome stats for Jr QB Patrick Brown and Sr WR Tre Craycraft.

Brown was 12-18 for 319yds, and 4TDs
Craycraft had 5rec for 142yds and 2TDs

Championship07
Riding the Bench

Re: River Valley 39 South Point 18

Post by Championship07 »

Credit to RV they executed game plan extremely well. QB made some nice throws and read the defense pretty well. South Point is struggling especially in the secondary with 2 players out prior to the game and another corner getting hurt on the opening kickoff of the game, never actually played a snap in the game. No excuses though RV throws the ball at a high rate and they exposed SP in doing so. Good luck to RV the rest of the way.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:
bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
What are you talking about?? If they win 6 or 7 games with their schedule and win league games that they should most years they will make the playoffs, good Lord they let so many teams in the playoffs now just have a winning record. You act like they should schedule div 2&3 teams every week, relax shortie they are fine!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
bevo wrote: I dont think anyone cried when Eastern beat them every year? They plat South Point who you never know what they have and Waverly, schedule is fine!
What are you talking about?? If they win 6 or 7 games with their schedule and win league games that they should most years they will make the playoffs, good Lord they let so many teams in the playoffs now just have a winning record. You act like they should schedule div 2&3 teams every week, relax shortie they are fine!
You're telling me to relax? Seems as though you are a little uptight there Bevo. They could try playing D4 or D5, or even D6. They shouldn't have any D7's on their schedule if they are moving toward the realm of respectability. Just my opinion unless it's someone like Shadyside.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Re: River Valley 39 South Point 18

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I understand guys that playing a Div 7 school is not going to help RV, but Eastern is the only Div 7 school they play. The rest of RV's schedule is Div 4 and 5, and 2 Div 3 schools.

I also believe they play Eastern because they play a TVC-Hocking school each year.

Return to “Football”