Meigs 39 River Valley 7

hound dog
Waterboy

Re: Week 3 River Valley @ Meigs

Post by hound dog »

You can all rag on RV but those boys work just as hard as the kids who are on other teams and this is high school football. Other than Bartrum who else in these area has ever went any where in football.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Anyone have a final on this one??

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

there have been a few athletes from here go places hound dog. but your point is well taken river valley played hard tonight. their problem is that they are very small. winning breeds winning and sadly losing breeds losing. river valley needs to find some teams that they can beat to build up their program. from a neighbor i hope they can.
now about meigs, they did not seem sharp even though they are ( as of 8 min in the 4th) going to win. they just need some toughness. very talented but they need to focus. coach will work on this i bet.
btw coach chancey played for ohio state. nick swisher is from parkersburg. jeff montgomery is from wellston. tommy spencer is from gallipolis. is that considered going somewhere?
Last edited by fasteach on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

What's the score fasteach??

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

last update i had meigs 39 rv 7 4 min left

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

that's the score. the jv's are in so both sides have give up. sorry i did not post the score. river valley, it is always darkest before dawn. good luck in the future. 1 note the officiating was terrible. must have been at least 1 flag every 10 plays. about 5 where picked up so either the officials did not see what they thought or just plain did not know the rules.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Re: Meigs 39 River Valley 7

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

39-7 was not indicative of the game the Raiders played, I was really impressed with the improvement they have made from week 1 to week 3. 7-0 after a very evenly played 1st half where the refs (which this was tihe worst officiated game i have ever seen! These guys were blatently homers and the missed probably 10 calls through out the night.) River Valley had 1 drive stalled on a 4th and 2 with a spot that was 6 inches short,they spotted his knees! Meiges scored with seconds to go in the first qtr.
Then the youth gave up a couple Jeremy Smith runs,a long touchdown where the defender just misjudged the ball.

All and all the Raiders are improving!!
19-0 at the half RV was turned away in the last seconds of the 2nd qtr on 4th and goal from the 1.
They moved the ball all night on Meigs.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

fasteach wrote:there have been a few athletes from here go places hound dog. but your point is well taken river valley played hard tonight. their problem is that they are very small. winning breeds winning and sadly losing breeds losing. river valley needs to find some teams that they can beat to build up their program. from a neighbor i hope they can.
now about meigs, they did not seem sharp even though they are ( as of 8 min in the 4th) going to win. they just need some toughness. very talented but they need to focus. coach will work on this i bet.
btw coach chancey played for ohio state. nick swisher is from parkersburg. jeff montgomery is from wellston. tommy spencer is from gallipolis. is that considered going somewhere?

Meigs Problem is no team speed! With the exception of Smith and Laudermilt they are very average speed wise,they also were handled most of the night by RV's Offensive line of Freshmen and Sophs! This Meigs team is not nearly as good as they have been in past years. But it couldbe that RV played them better than they have anyone else.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

fuzzhead wrote:Good luck Meigs! Rack up some points for the Coal Grove playoff push! :lol:

YOUR A REAL IDIOT!
What matters who wins? You play them both!
Keep your remarks about gallia county to yourself! You know nothing about nothing and you are way off base on all your comments.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i don't think you can say river valley's line dominated this game. if chancey had wanted to pour it on meigs certainly could have. as for the oofficials, they made alot of unneccessary calls but they did not call it either way. the meigs "D" did pitch a shut out until the freshmen got the game. river valley only came close the 1 time. and i might add that was helped by penalties.
btw, i would not call any team slow if i was scored on repeatedly by runs of 60+ yards

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

fasteach wrote:i don't think you can say river valley's line dominated this game. if chancey had wanted to pour it on meigs certainly could have. as for the oofficials, they made alot of unneccessary calls but they did not call it either way. the meigs "D" did pitch a shut out until the freshmen got the game. river valley only came close the 1 time. and i might add that was helped by penalties.
btw, i would not call any team slow if i was scored on repeatedly by runs of 60+ yards

Please get someone to read my posts to you if you can't comprehend what I am writing,I never said anyone dominated anything! I said they were handled (that means gave the QB time to throw and gained yards) NOT DOMINATED!
I also said that with the exception(that means don't count him) of Smith Meigs is not very fast especially on defense! Smith is a great player ad really fast but after him there is not much speed there. RV has a long way to go but they are improving they play 6 or 7 freshmen and several sophs they should lose.

The officiating: WAS HOMER! RV was penalized just before the half at the 1 yard line on a phantom call just like the poor spots they had all night and the called back runs for 1st downs. They threw in a few calls for RV when and where they didn't matter but these guys must work at the Pomeroy City Garage!!

dude what grade you in?

OBAMA NATION
Waterboy

Post by OBAMA NATION »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Please get someone to read my posts to you if you can't comprehend what I am writing,I never said anyone dominated anything! I said they were handled (that means gave the QB time to throw and gained yards) NOT DOMINATED!
I also said that with the exception(that means don't count him) of Smith Meigs is not very fast especially on defense! Smith is a great player ad really fast but after him there is not much speed there. RV has a long way to go but they are improving they play 6 or 7 freshmen and several sophs they should lose.

The officiating: WAS HOMER! RV was penalized just before the half at the 1 yard line on a phantom call just like the poor spots they had all night and the called back runs for 1st downs. They threw in a few calls for RV when and where they didn't matter but these guys must work at the Pomeroy City Garage!!

dude what grade you in?

Are you a complete moron?
1. how would river valleys line handle the meigs D line all night when the quarterback was virtually on his back all night getting slammed by the meigs players.
2. the officials were bad both ways they stalled the goal line drive just before half because they tried to snap the ball when they werent even set yet.
3. i dont see how meigs has no speed when they score 39 unanswered points on until the jv goes in and a 215 pound tight end burns your defenders for a long ball. must be some speed all across the board. even the whole d line has speed.
so i look at it this way either you are a complete moron who knows nothing about the game of football or you are just a old has-been who never made it anywhere and trying to live your life through a group of high school boys. dont come on here and dog the meigs team or officials just because you were blown out. :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

We will see,after the season when you win 2 games we will have this discussion!

Who in your league will you beat.

dude what grade you in?

EndzoneFan
Waterboy

Post by EndzoneFan »

Congratulations Meigs on getting your first win tonight. The win got you rolling now bring that momentum with you to Athens next week and get two in a row.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

RV - lol

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Proud of Meigs for showing mercy ha

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

blue and gray exactly what game where you at? how did rv GET on the 1? a penalty on meigs. and stupid if your line was so good, why did not rv score? look rv played as best they could but no part of their team handled anything about meigs jeremy was not the only marauder to score he wasn't even the only running back to go 50+ yards to score, heck meigs even had a tackle run 1 in. you better send chancey a bunch of flowers cause he could have had those boys run the score up another 40 pts.

what school did you drop out from? my bet was on c/k middle or bidwell.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:RV - lol

Why u gotta b an a$$hole

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Blue_nd_Gray, just stop! You are just making yourself sound really stupid and making other RV fans look bad. The escuse this year is the number of freshmen and sophomores that play for RV. As long as excuses keep being created, the losing will continue. just use what you have in a way that gives you a chance to win. The coaches did not do that for RV tonight. They had no push up front all night but kept trying to drivr it between the tackels. They also must have ran the counter 15 times, and that is no exxageration. What they should do is spread it more and allow Jacob Brown and Tyler Smith to make plays. The Brown kid is a good athlete. They also have to make tackles in the open field. This has historically been a problem at RV. They did play hard. Nobody has ever questioned that. But, they are just never prepared to win it seems.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Blizzardman,you bring valid points. I have often wondered why the line splits are so tight? I know it's impossible to be successful running if your all bunched up. Friday nights game was in no manner close,but the young Raiders did play better.I'm not totally sure they can never win,you seem to be set on bashing them and the staff. Since you have as Meigs logo on your avatar and you went to River Valley that says a lot about you. Please keep your remarks to yourself,everyone is trying and i see Meigs winning 3 games at best,they will get smashed by Athens this weekend.

Return to “Football”