How do I get an Umpire's License for Football?

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

How do I get an Umpire's License for Football?

Post by Farmer Yoder »

I had a lot of fun doing basketball games and helping my wildcats out in the tournament. How can I become an umpire for football? Thoughts?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: How do I get an Umpire's License for Football?

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

All new officials must take a class that consists of some classroom time as well as some field time. These classes usually begin around Aug 1. Contact a local officials association to find out who the instructors are in your area.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i think football class is already underway. local meetings are about to wrapup. where do you live. or try www.ohsaa.org and go to the officials page.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Hey thanks for the link. I've been wanting to rig junior high football games for years and now i have finally found the little brick road that will lead me.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

We need some good ref's anyone would be an improvment over the crew we had in Lancaster!

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Southern ohio needs some good refs...it's a shame how some of these refs are down here...should have to be re-certified every year...and pass a rules test...along with a vision test...

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

From some of the refs ive seen lately , be about 65 yrs old or weigh about 300lbs and be confused half the time.J/K :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I'm taking my exam tomorrow night, but I'm living up in Columbus now. I'll be an honorary member of the Capital West Football Officials Association until next fall.

Looking forward to get out on the field. Got to work an Upper Arlington/DeSales 9th grade scrimmage. I've seen a lot of Varsity teams down this way that don't execute as well as those kids did. It was very impressive.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It would be very easy to take a cheap shot at refs on this string but I'll pass. For one, no one is going to retire on what they are getting to do the games. Most of them do it for the love of the game. I've done my share of screaming and booing of calls and non-calls but it would be tough to be an impartial participant. Would you like to see the games played with no refs? I can't promise I'll never be "loud" again with the refs but I still respect them. Also, I think the refs in the Logan/Lancaster game did a credible job Friday night. Anyone from Logan who claims they were slanted towards Lancaster needs to lookat the penalties called against Lancaster, especially the personal fouls.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Officials get a bum rap. They always take the heat for poor play from the losing team. Rarely does a single call cost a game. It occasionally may happen but it is rare in high school football. Poor tackling and blocking, turnovers, etc...are the usual culprits...

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Listen i dont have time to take a class. I was really happy to help my cats win games in basketball last year and I just wanna help dem boys win a TVC title this year. Cant I just pay somebody some money and get a license so I can start oficiating right away. I been watchin football for nearly 30 years and I knwo all the rules already......

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

e bay :lol:

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

In the machine at any wal mart, family dollar or kmart. At least that is where some of them get theirs. JK !

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Sounds like some of you wiseasses would be perfect officials and should give it a shot. But I'm sure you'd rather sit and complain about the officials in the area instead of offering your expertise.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

i knew the fireman could not resist this one :shock:

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Farmer Yoder wrote:I had a lot of fun doing basketball games and helping my wildcats out in the tournament. How can I become an umpire for football? Thoughts?

first of all dont u mean ref, or official? umpires are in baseball, which you should know you dolt. i think you need to stick to coaching on the diamond down there in eagle land. :122246

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Ironton has an outlet mall for home town officals! Just kidding, we all know you go 10-0 :lol:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

tl895 wrote:i knew the fireman could not resist this one :shock:

Wrong one.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Farmer Yoder wrote:Listen i dont have time to take a class. I was really happy to help my cats win games in basketball last year and I just wanna help dem boys win a TVC title this year. Cant I just pay somebody some money and get a license so I can start oficiating right away. I been watchin football for nearly 30 years and I knwo all the rules already......

The OHSAA is certainly interested in your money but it doesn't work that way.

Return to “Football”