ARTICLE: Tippecanoe 35 Springfield Shawnee 7(link to pics)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

ARTICLE: Tippecanoe 35 Springfield Shawnee 7(link to pics)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This was my first trip ever to Tipp City and my first time seeing Shawnee and Tippecanoe play.
I enjoyed my visit and have to say the people I met all were very nice. The seating was very good as far as I am concerned, you were right on top of the action. The only down side was, eight dollars for a ticket, that was the highest I have ever paid for a regular season game.

The crowd was large but not close to what I actually expected it to be. Maybe this was because this was the TV game of the week.
The student section from Tippecanoe was very loud.

Cole Barhorst was able to pick up a first down for the home team on a 3rd and six call, with 9:25 left in the opening quarter, to keep the drive alive. With just a little under 9:0 left Quenten Williams took off for a 22-yard gain to excite the home crowd, as their team was putting together a nice little drive.Barhorst would cap off the 11-play,68-yard drive, with a 8-yard run. Out of the hold of Aaron Hughes, Caiden Smith made this a, 7- game, with 7.48 left in the quarter.

On the ensuing kickoff,Todd King got close to a 30-yard return to bring the ball out to the 40-yard line.
Michael Guyer would be stopped by the Red Devil's after 5-yard pick up. A punt would follow soon after, as the home team's defense was able to stand tall on their first chance.

The Red Devils needed just two plays to score again after they got the ball back. Going 84-yards Barhorst as he seem to easily out run the entire Braves defense, with much difficulty. The point after made this a, 14-0 game, with 5:21 left in the quarter.

The Braves finally got on the scoreboard with 1:03 left in the quarter, when Nyles Anderson broke a tackle, then outran the rest of the defense for a 45-yard score. Jacob Young made it a,14-7 game, with his point after kick.

Michael Guyer took off for a 9-yard gain for the Braves, with 11:49 left in the half as the offense was trying to take advantage of a recovered fumble by their defense. #61 (Not in the program) had made the recovery near the end of the first quarter. Guyer would try his luck again with his feet, at the 11:00 minute mark, but Cade Rogers stuffed the quarterback for a 4-yard loss. The drive would be stopped after King was driven back for a short loss on a 4th and one call. Making the stop for the Red Devils was Matt Garber. with 9:56 left in the half.

With 6:02 left in the half, the Braves #7 Jaden Hall dropped a pick as the ball came right out of his hands.
The missed picked really hurt because with 3:04 because, Aaron Hughes broke to his right and then sprinted 25-yards for another Red Devils score. The point after increased the lead to,21-7.

Michael Guyer would throw a pass towards a tightly covered #34(Not in the program on max preps), who somehow made the catch to pick up 35-yards, with 1:56 left in the half. The Red Devils defense put the clamps down a short time later, to get the ball back to its ground and pound offense.

With a little over forty seconds left in the half, the Red Devils faced fourth and one, when Barhorst used some fine work by his offensive line to move the chains. The drive ended a short time later as it was the Braves defense, who stood tall on this drive.

The half ended when Garber picked off a Guyer pass and took it about 30-yards for another Red Devils score. The points after made this a,28-7 game.

Tippecanoe would get a nice play from Austin Subler and Garber, when they combined to hold Jack McCrory to no gain, with 11:25 left in the third.

A holding penalty on the Braves took away a 27-yard touchdown pass with 4:41left in the quarter. This was a big time blunder as the offense could not recover from it and had to give the ball up, a short time later.

The Braves defense would get a nice play of its own when,Josh Nelson stopped Clay Barhorst, for a 3-yard loss at the 1:18 mark of the quarter.

The Braves had problems with the snap all night long and with 10:13 left in the game, this would lead to a turnover. Michael Guyer had problems trying to handle the snap and he put the ball on the ground, he was able to pick the ball up but would be sacked by Evan Hamilton.

The final score of the game came on a 52-yard run by my game MVP,Cole Barhorst. The drive lasted for 5-plays and totaled 80-yards. The point after made the final score,35-7.

UNOFFICIAL STATS
SHAWNEE
56 PLAYS
250 YARDS
PASSING 10-20 1 INT

RED DEVILS
58 PLAYS
422 YARDS
PASSING 2-5
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Football”