Minford 16 Oak Hill 14

vladimir
S

Minford 16 Oak Hill 14

Post by vladimir »

Didn't see this started so here we go. Both teams coming off week 1 defeats to OVC opponents: Chesapeake 40 Oak Hill 14 and Rock Hill 33 Minford 14.

Bottom Line:
If Minford cleans up the special team play and doesn't give up 3 unearned TDs off turnovers, then they have a chance to come away with their first victory of the season.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Oak Hill at Minford

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I like Minford in this game. I think the falcons will establish a solid rushing attack and grind out the win. 21-14

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford comes out with a chip on their shoulder here, pulls ahead early.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

both teams struggled with turnovers week 1. This could be a pretty good game if both teams clean it up! hoping oak hill wins but ill take Minford in a close one.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Good luck to the dirty birds in the Pasture of Pain.

smelltheturf
Waterboy

Re: WK2 Oak Hill (0-1) @ Minford (0-1)

Post by smelltheturf »

If the oaks hold on to the ball last week could have been a way different outcome..I look for the backs to step up this week for a good hard fight taking oak hill by 1

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers!

Whoever can stop the run best and not turn the ball over wins this game. I think Minford has a big advantage if they throw the ball enough to not let the Oaks load the box against their running game.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

If Minford loses this game, turn out the lights, the parties over already at 0-2. Falcons should win by 2-3 scores.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

FalconFever02 wrote:If Minford loses this game, turn out the lights, the parties over already at 0-2. Falcons should win by 2-3 scores.

I wouldn't turn out the lights, a la Burg back in the day against the Falcons.

Falcons are young, and a new coach. The Redmen made the playoffs last year and returned some nice talent. They are experienced, I'm not surprised they beat Minford. My point, it's not a bad loss to a pathetic team. Minford will be fine, I see them playing solid football and continuing the pursuit of improvement.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

TrojanXplosion wrote:
FalconFever02 wrote:If Minford loses this game, turn out the lights, the parties over already at 0-2. Falcons should win by 2-3 scores.

I wouldn't turn out the lights, a la Burg back in the day against the Falcons.

Falcons are young, and a new coach. The Redmen made the playoffs last year and returned some nice talent. They are experienced, I'm not surprised they beat Minford. My point, it's not a bad loss to a pathetic team. Minford will be fine, I see them playing solid football and continuing the pursuit of improvement.

I agree! Rock Hill is no slouch of a team. This just maybe what this group needed, to know they need to work harder to get to where they want to be.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Capt
Waterboy

Post by Capt »

Last weeks game between Oak Hill and Chesapeake would of been a pretty good game if not for turn overs. Oak Hill fumbled 7 times [ lost 6 ], and was intersected twice. Most of Chesapeake's points came off those turn overs. I think Oak Hill will hang on to the ball this week and come out on top of a topical Oak Hill - Minford game 18 to 14. We'll see Friday night for sure.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

2 days a way, hope for a good start and some focus. Last week the Falcons won the coin toss and went to the outhouse.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Dirty Birds will chop down the Oaks in the Pasture of Pain. Limit those turnovers boys and games will be won.

Props to the Falcons too on some interesting teams on the ole schedule.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford had 2 bad punt snaps, INT and fumbled the kickoff. These are correctable errors that lead to points. New coach, new assistant coaches and new program. They will be more polished this week and I see them winning by 14 if not more against Oak Hill.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

It sure was hard to watch that game last week. We can talk about the mistakes that were made and how it's the little things that can be fixed. But the offense was still predictable, no game changing athletes, and defense wasn't very strong.

With that said, hopefully the Falcons can get a win this week.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

Oak Hill 24 Minford 21

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Whichever team turns the ball over more than 2 times will lose by 3 scores.

Oaks 20
Minford 35

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crazy, ugly game full of turnovers from both teams. Congrats to Minford for hanging on and good luck to the Oaks the rest of the way.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

This Minford team will only get better and if you listened to the radio post-game you can just tell how much these players love playing for their coach. Coach Ruby and his kids have each others backs, sounds like a very special relationship. Congrats to the Falcons, very much looking forward to an emotional effort game vs. Paint Valley. I hope to see a packed house, would love to have a hard time parking because it's packed!! The Pasture of Pain needs to bring back the Juice it had just a few short years ago! Go Falcons!

Return to “Football”