Wellston 62 Huntington 28

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Wellston 62 Huntington 28

Post by Svcfanatic »

Thoughts?
I think it will be another close game this week but the huntsmen speed will be to much. Huntington moves on to a surprising 2-0 for the year

Huntington 35
Wellston 21

Stone Cold
JV Team

Re: Wk 2: Huntington at Wellston

Post by Stone Cold »

Wellston 35-7.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Wellston is better then the jackson score said. I don't know anything about huntington. But im going with wellston

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wellston should win its next three.

Wellston 28
Huntington 7

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

Wellston kind of surprised me Saturday, looked very good on the defensive side of the ball at the beginning of the game but by halftime you could tell all the players playing on both sides were starting to tire from the heat which is when things really went south for Wellston. I think with a little more of an even playing field with both teams having some players playing both ways it will even out. The 2 freshman on the defensive side of the ball stood out I believe it was #80 and #11 they seem to play very well with #11 having some solid pass coverage and #80 coming up with some big tackles including the safety. The offensive side of the ball looked good at times and lost at others #12 threw a good ball, including a good seam route to #7 for a 50+ yard TD in the 3rd Q. I think if they find ways to utilize #13 who had some great plays on special teams they will be OK. Don't know much about huntington so I predict:

WHS: 21
HHS: 14

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Huntington coming off a solid win, Wellston coming off a rough outing against Jackson. While many feel they shouldn't play I do think as long as they walk away healthy it does make Wellston a better team for playing against Jackson. I'll take Wellston by 2 scores.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

greygoose wrote:Huntington coming off a solid win, Wellston coming off a rough outing against Jackson. While many feel they shouldn't play I do think as long as they walk away healthy it does make Wellston a better team for playing against Jackson. I'll take Wellston by 2 scores.
Easy win for Wellston. This is a good game for them and will provide much needed playoff points for the teams that beat them. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

I think that this years Huntington is one of the best teams they've had in recent memory. They have a solid running game with Lewis and Snyder. McClosky has shown maturity beyond his years and great accuracy throughout the scrimmages and on through the first game. They have speed in all the key positions. They will surprise some teams this year.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

greygoose wrote:Huntington coming off a solid win, Wellston coming off a rough outing against Jackson. While many feel they shouldn't play I do think as long as they walk away healthy it does make Wellston a better team for playing against Jackson. I'll take Wellston by 2 scores.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read this month, and I have even read the Burg-Ironton thread and IBTT's crazy predictions for the Tigers.

Think about this "as long as they walk away healthy it does make Wellston a better team for playing against Jackson" and let it sink in.

You know what greygoose have you ever heard what is good for the goose is good for the gander?

Here is an idea let Jackson play two divisions up someone like Moeller in week 1 (like Wellston playing 2 divisions up with Jackson) and you guys get beat and beat up for 23/25 years or whatever the number is and come on here and say that. What a bunch of hypocrisy. Jackson would never continue to schedule a team it loses to 98% of the time just because the "gate was good" lol, no way no how. As ate up as Jackson is about wins and losses in football that would never happen even if you made twice the normal gate of a typical Wellston game.

I heard the Wellston JV vs Jackson JV game was cancelled, most likely due to player shortage from the varsity game I would suspect and trying to get ready for Week 2 Huntington.

At some point the $15k this game brings in isn't worth the monetary gain compared to program benefit, and I am not talking just about wins or losses. Some adults need to grasp this concept and get out of the 70's, 80's and 90's and understand the dynamic of this rivalry has changed in the last 30 years.

Now back to the topic which was changed by that dumbazz comment above.

I like the Rockets at home, think we get back to .500 this week.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dandy Don wrote:

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read this month, and I have even read the Burg-Ironton thread and IBTT's crazy predictions for the Tigers.

Think about this "as long as they walk away healthy it does make Wellston a better team for playing against Jackson" and let it sink in.

You know what greygoose have you ever heard what is good for the goose is good for the gander?

Here is an idea let Jackson play two divisions up someone like Moeller in week 1 (like Wellston playing 2 divisions up with Jackson) and you guys get beat and beat up for 23/25 years or whatever the number is and come on here and say that. What a bunch of hypocrisy. Jackson would never continue to schedule a team it loses to 98% of the time just because the "gate was good" lol, no way no how. As ate up as Jackson is about wins and losses in football that would never happen even if you made twice the normal gate of a typical Wellston game.

I heard the Wellston JV vs Jackson JV game was cancelled, most likely due to player shortage from the varsity game I would suspect and trying to get ready for Week 2 Huntington.

At some point the $15k this game brings in isn't worth the monetary gain compared to program benefit, and I am not talking just about wins or losses. Some adults need to grasp this concept and get out of the 70's, 80's and 90's and understand the dynamic of this rivalry has changed in the last 30 years.

Now back to the topic which was changed by that dumbazz comment above.

I like the Rockets at home, think we get back to .500 this week.
You obviously don't understand the point of it. Do I feel they should play? nope, however I also feel that teams that play teams above their caliber are better teams for it especially when they come across teams that are equal to them or beneath them from a talent perspective. It's the exact thing everyone complains about when a team has an easy schedule then gets drilled in the playoffs by a team who played 2-3 powerhouse schools. Let me guess you don't understand that either?? You tried to puff out your chest and make my statement look to be so off the wall you really didn't sit back and think about it before posting. That's a shame, some people on here are knowledge but some are not have that everywhere. Guess you're one that believes if you play 10 powder puff schools it prepares you for the playoffs. Nope you look at teams who play 2-3 tough games in a row and then play someone who is on their level and you will watch a blowout by the team that is playing the tough games. Good luck to you buddy I hope this helps you understand things a little better. Need it explained any better let me know. I guess somehow I can simplify it more then I already have, not sure but think I can.
Last edited by greygoose on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK2 Huntington (1-0) @ Wellston (0-1)

Post by greygoose »

Also quit trying to sabotage a subject for Wellston and Huntington you want to complain about Jackson and Wellston playing they have other post for that, show a little respect for these 2 teams.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I probably should pull for Huntington but I feel like wellston is the better team. Maybe the huntsman can STEAL this won.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Both teams are very competitive, but with different styles. Dont let the Jackson game fool anyone, Wellston is huge and physical. Huntington is fast and has plenty of athletes to make something happen. This is a game of speed vs. physicality. I know Wellston isnt looking over this game neither is Huntington. Its going to be interesting to see what happens Friday night in Wellston.
If i had to make a prediction im going with:
Huntington-24
Wellston-21

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

what does Huntington have?? running passing
Last edited by greygoose on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

should be a close one

juicebox
Riding the Bench

Post by juicebox »

Whoever splits the taco should win this game! :mrgreen:

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

30-22 Wellston at half. Good hard fought first half. Wellston had a couple big runs. Huntingtons Sharp had a nice KR TD. It's going to be a shootout down to the finish.

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

On another note. I overheard in the stands that this is a rivalry game? It's known as the Coal Bowl? Has anyone else heard of this?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Coal Bowl is nothing more than the team Wellston is playing at home during the Coal Festival.

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

good game by the rockets. was really impressed with huntingtons QB and Wideout find a few more guys to make some plays and Huntington could be really good. Wellston found ways to utilize #13 and it paid off big time 258 yds and 3 tds, #7 followed with 166 yds and 4 tds great power runner. line looked better, special teams needs work. on to week 3. good luck to Huntington the rest of the way!

Return to “Football”