Newark Catholic 41 Nelsonville-York 21

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Newark Catholic 41 Nelsonville-York 21

Post by Orange and Brown »

Both teams come in 1-0
NY lost a heart breaker in overtime last year.
Thoughts?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
pvcguy
Freshman Team

Re: WK2 Newark Catholic at Nelsonville-york (Saturday)

Post by pvcguy »

I watched Newark Catholic Thursday night they will make done noise in D6

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Depends on if NC worked on a pass offense over the summer.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

If N-Y can move the ball effectively on the ground they will win this game. If they are forced to pass it will go the way of NC. The Buckeye passing attack definitely needs a bit of work having thrown 3 interceptions against Trimble in like 6 attempts. Edwards is a good athlete and I'm sure there were plenty of jitters but they will need a lot of improvement.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

A-Town Big Dog wrote:If N-Y can move the ball effectively on the ground they will win this game. If they are forced to pass it will go the way of NC. The Buckeye passing attack definitely needs a bit of work having thrown 3 interceptions against Trimble in like 6 attempts. Edwards is a good athlete and I'm sure there were plenty of jitters but they will need a lot of improvement.
All 3 picks were badly thrown passes. I'm sure coach Richards will spend a lot of time working on the passing game as well as pass coverage.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This game may have put NY in their tail spin last year with the OT loss.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

Newark Catholic is to much for the Buchtel Buckeyes.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The Green Wave, after watching them last week seems to be like they have been the last few years or more on offense.
Run up the gut or two the short side of the field, throw a little to the short side of the field and then rely on the defense to keep them in it.

With that being said, this one should be close with the team making the fewest mistakes win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea I'm taking NY

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Should be a close game, NY knows they will need to play better for 4 quarters than they did against Trimble

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

You got to play strong teams to get better ! Week 2 ? WOW early Good Luck !

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I am 100℅ confident that NY will get their issues fixed in practice and the film room this week.
The Buckeyes will pull out another win and then people will start to take notice of the talent this team has.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The 3 Headed Monster was restrained from within a bit against the wee cats. For some reason we were attempting trick plays and throwing ill advised passes. I think the coach knew he could play around a little bit in that game and still win easily. I hope, at least, that he was simply rubbing a little salt in the eye of the guy who asked him to leave as well as give NC something to work on in practice. Unleash the monster this week and let it grow and a TVC championship is within grasp. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ground Buck wrote:The 3 Headed Monster was restrained from within a bit against the wee cats. For some reason we were attempting trick plays and throwing ill advised passes. I think the coach knew he could play around a little bit in that game and still win easily. I hope, at least, that he was simply rubbing a little salt in the eye of the guy who asked him to leave as well as give NC something to work on in practice. Unleash the monster this week and let it grow and a TVC championship is within grasp. :mrgreen:
I wouldn't say they were restrained.
Mount and Edwards were both over a hundred yards and Andrews had around 50 on the ground.
On one of those pics Hunter threw, the receiver ran the wrong route.
I thought coach Richards did a good job of rotating a lot of kids in and out to try and keep them fresh.
I'd say Edwards will make better decisions throwing this week.
Losing Brady Jones will hurt a little, the kid is fast and has a high motor. Hopefully he can come back late in the season.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Someonebetter
Waterboy

Post by Someonebetter »

Ground Buck wrote:The 3 Headed Monster was restrained from within a bit against the wee cats. For some reason we were attempting trick plays and throwing ill advised passes. I think the coach knew he could play around a little bit in that game and still win easily. I hope, at least, that he was simply rubbing a little salt in the eye of the guy who asked him to leave as well as give NC something to work on in practice. Unleash the monster this week and let it grow and a TVC championship is within grasp. :mrgreen:
Trick plays? ill advised passes? I seen one so called trick play that didn't come close to working. I did however see uncle Phil come back on the wee cats next series and show the buckeyes exactly how it is run. The passing game is just not there for NY. The kid just throws it up for grabs.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Someonebetter wrote:
Trick plays? ill advised passes? I seen one so called trick play that didn't come close to working. I did however see uncle Phil come back on the wee cats next series and show the buckeyes exactly how it is run. The passing game is just not there for NY. The kid just throws it up for grabs.
I'm with you. Line up and run it down their throats. But they need to spread the ball around more and get all three backs in the mix. The fullback is extremely durable so he needs more carries IMO. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Do not be surpised if those catholic boys give N/Y a football lesson!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I wonder why NY and burg don't play each other? Anyway good luck buckeyes!

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

LHS 72 wrote:Do not be surpised if those catholic boys give N/Y a football lesson!
Da Beef
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Bighitsinc on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

LHS 72 wrote:Do not be surpised if those catholic boys give N/Y a football lesson!
They will be a very very tough opponent for sure. Should be a hard fought game.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”