Russell 13 Ironton 6

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Russell 13 Ironton 6

Post by tigerpower89 »

Thoughts on this one. Ironton needs to regroup quickly or this could be a long year in my opinion

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Week 2 (0-1) Ironton @ Russell Ky

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Unfortunately, Russell rolls in this one. Ironton does have some athletes on their team, just no one to block for them. Here's to hoping ironton can figure it out and get on track! Russel 42 ironton 6

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Big pivot game here, need to compete in Week 2 or in may be hard to recover.

BG6 is right, can they find no one that is tough mentally that wants to engage some one at the LOS. I don't care how dang big someone is if they can't go every play hard. I will take a 5-8 200# fireplug that want to hit whoever is across from him and execute a blocking scheme over 6-5 320# that isn't getting to someone to allow a play to develop.

Find football players, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Best of luck for Ironton to re-group.
Last edited by Abe Froman on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

I've seen both more than once. Russell wins this one. Russell has one of the best coaches around and I'm sure he learns a great deal from the massive embarrassing beat down.

I don't see Ironton moving the ball on Russell. Scott is not bad, no where near ibtts ridiculous claims of being the best in the state, but he is athletic. The problem is scheme and technique. The blocking technique is poor upfront and from the backfield. If you are going to run the T, you better have a fullback that can blow up a LB and they don't.

Russell normally likes to keep it on the ground but they can go to the air. With the Ironton pass coverage scheme, Russell will exploit the cover 3 like burg, too many holes and again poor technique. Russell played burg close, so I'm going with 35-13.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Russell may be stronger at the line of scrimmage than burg on run defense. Running back is a load. Ironton loses to Russell.

Gonzo
Waterboy

Post by Gonzo »

Another L

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Watching Russell in their grid game, they showed a sweet running game with three different backs. They showed enough of a passing game that a team will pray the price, if they load the box.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

If you want some Insight on Russell... They play Greenup County tonight at Greenup County at 8:00PM

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I've heard it said the coaches most important coaching lessons go on between week 1 and 2. let's hope the fighting tigers set things on super warp and get a plethora of things corrected. I know we'd have ran the bleachers for a looooooooooong time Monday.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Russell's did give Burg all they wanted in the first half, and the O/D lines were stronger than Burg's. Just like the Burg/Ironton game, Russell will have the game wrapped up before the half.

Ironton is looking at a long year (3-7). I also look for Ashland, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Coal Grove, and Rock Hill to beat Ironton.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Russell 28 Ironton 13

G0 BuCKs
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

The anticipation is almost more than I can bear!!! What will IBTT's week 2 prediction be?!?!?!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Russell struggled tonight. Greenup was as big and as physical as they come. If Russell plays Friday like they did tonight, the tigers may have a chance. Good luck tigers!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I hope the Fighting Tigers right the course. It was literally painful witnessing the Burg debacle. Yeah, Burg is legit but to be completely gassed in warm ups? No effort on tackles or pass coverage. I still can't believe how bad it was.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TIME TO STRAP UP AND GET BUSY TIGERS. GOOD LUCK FRIDAY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Russell struggled tonight. Greenup was as big and as physical as they come. If Russell plays Friday like they did tonight, the tigers may have a chance. Good luck tigers!
Grizzle knows TJ Maynard's system. He knows how to defend it. As does TJ hence the defensive battle. Ironton will be a different story.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Russell is a good team on both sides of the ball. Gave Burg a good challenge in the first half and beat Greenup last night.

Lots of things to work on, but Good Luck to Ironton the rest of the year.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Ironton needs to get the slow kids off defense and get some kids that can get to the ball. The secondary does not have a clue what they are doing. Don't we have a secondary coach and don't bring one out of retirement the game has passed him by to.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Do not criticize coaches.Their whole income depends on coaching these teams

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:20 pm

this is exactly what I thought would happen. I could definitely see the decline in ironton football. as well as gahs and Portsmouth. after I had to swallow my own pride about joining the ovc I realized how smart it actually was.it was actually pretty clever indeed. every team is on the same plane right now. same kinds of athletes, same kinds of enrollments, economical levels. it truly is going to be wide open. and as I thought, the numbers are up. I felt that would happen because of the interjection of the 3 new teams. the fact there were not people on irontons schedule anymore like Hartley, desales, Watterson. those days are distant in our rear view mirror now. and hot dang what a ride it was. some of the most exciting times of my life were spent with my pappy/family at these games. we have the history. but that don't feed the bulldog right now. I don't even see us as the league favorite now to repeat.as someone stated here, or another topic. we are just another team right now. and everybody wants some of us right now. how will ironton respond. the discipline thing began well before coach lutz left. and has only gotten worse. ------------today, this morning at church, our music co-ordinator. who is a waverly guy. he asked if anybody had the wheelersburg/ironton score at church this morning in piketon. I responed ,we need to move the service along. then I said we thought we had burg right where we wanted them at the half, up by 42. we were wearing them out for the 2nd half. it got a big laugh. but it's true. anybody that ever played under bob lutz would know this. would we ever see a time where a piketon redstreak or a waverly tiger teased us over a Friday football performance. yet that is now the case.============ hey we still love our fighting tigers, and I rode people ragged playfully about it for decades.============now the shoe's on the other foot.now what is fighting tiger nation going to do to change the fact they are getting man-handled. you could not have a more perfect league sizewise, potential wise as far as parity. so talks of winning districts, regions. that's hogwash. nothing is more important right now than a ''come to jesus'' talk and the hardest week of practice they ever seen. and go to ky. and just shread the red devils. because like it or not now sister.---------------- they have to be a heavy favorite, to beat us again.but I know this town/tiger football. nobody responds better or are more dangerous than when they are down. I hope Friday it's a horse of a different color in Russell. because they are drooling on themselves. just like any other town, we're fans win or lose. we just hain't used to losin.

Return to “Football”