2009 SEOAL Previews: Chillicothe Cavaliers

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Re: 2009 SEOAL Previews: Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by gymrat »

7 on 7 at Hernstein field thursday at 5.
Featuring
Unioto
Southeastern
Wheelersburg
Waverly

Cavs should have Shea Netter, Casey Oates, Marcus Dunn, and freshman Luke Barnes at QB.

The starting Defense for the Cavs is looking very very good. Get your first look at them this thursday.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

crazyzilla67 wrote: logan already believes they have everything in the bag

Not many think it's 'in the bag'...we are just confident in our team. That does mean we fans feel it's in the bag...if you don't think you can win...why be a fan???? If that makes the Chieftain Nation bad..then so be it! Good luck this year Cavs! Anyone know who was the QB at the 7 vs 7 last night?

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by chillout on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

Does any one know who the Cavs scrimmage this year dates and time?

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Post by gymrat »

www.cavsfootball.org has a complete schedule including scrimmages.

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

I totally agree with chillout here.

The Cavs defense is very strong, yet not as strong as last year's defense. With losses of all the 09 seniors, and with ony 5 returnees, according to LoganLocos' preview, I dont know if they can recover.

Netter is a great athlete but he cant make every tackle on every play. He will have to rely on the d-line to step up and fill in the holes and with only 1 returning regular contributor, I dont see that just magically happening as gymratt thinks it will.

And the Cavs offense is going to give the fans fits. And that all starts with the offensive line.
I dont care if Barry Sanders is in Chillicothe's backfield, if you cant block for him, you cant run the ball, which in turn doesnt open up a passing game and that leads to a lot of numbers adding up in the L column.

I say the Cavs are 4-6 at best and that is maybe going out on a limb.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Yo 11 At London Chilli moved the ball both in the air and on the ground.....My nephew told me that the coaches said that in 30 plays they gained 270 yards....9 yard average a snap ain't bad. He also said all 3 of the Chilli kickers were better than the kicker from London. Defensively the Cavs forced several turnovers and even scored on defense. Now, if the O Line is all that bad tell me how you get 9 yards a pop???????????

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Post by gymrat »

I just want to make it known now. There have been a lot of doubters about this year's Cavs team. Some of them are players that just graduated this year, which is very distressing. Those kids ahould be supporting their former teammates but that is a different argument. The Cavalier fans who come on here and doubt them now, are right about all the seniors that we lost last year, but the team we have this year is loaded with athletes. This team, barring injuries, could be better than last year. Yes, I said it. Please do not jump on the band wagon and claim you were there all along when the Cavs suprise you all this season. Support them, cheer for them, but I don't wanna have to here I told you so's from people who really told you No. Not tryin to call anyone out or challenge your fanhood. Let's just support these kids now whether you believe in them or not. They need our support win or lose, but I think many of you will be very pleasantly suprised this season.
Go Cavs

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

gymrat wrote:I just want to make it known now. There have been a lot of doubters about this year's Cavs team. Some of them are players that just graduated this year, which is very distressing. Those kids ahould be supporting their former teammates but that is a different argument. The Cavalier fans who come on here and doubt them now, are right about all the seniors that we lost last year, but the team we have this year is loaded with athletes. This team, barring injuries, could be better than last year. Yes, I said it. Please do not jump on the band wagon and claim you were there all along when the Cavs suprise you all this season. Support them, cheer for them, but I don't wanna have to here I told you so's from people who really told you No. Not tryin to call anyone out or challenge your fanhood. Let's just support these kids now whether you believe in them or not. They need our support win or lose, but I think many of you will be very pleasantly suprised this season.
Go Cavs

gymrat, you act as if you know for a fact that some of these alleged criminals of yours are former players...everyone is entitled to their opinion and just because theyre not bowing down to the Cavs football team this year doesnt mean that theyre former players? and just for the record, i have never been nor has any of my children ever been on a Cavs roster...although I have been to almost every game since 2000

hopsing, they were playing London High School, when they move the ball that much against teams like Ironton and Hamilton Township, you can get back at me...and were you even at the scrimmage? The Cavs' defense is going to have to keep them in games this year...take the Mt. Vernon scrimmage as an example, the offense looked pitiful and they scored once (and that's because Isaac Beverly got his hands on the ball and borke a few tackles while making a very nice play)...but on the other hand, the defense allowed no scores and again forced several turnovers

If the defense lives up to their hype and plays the way theyre capable of playing, the Cavs should be in games...but if their offense cant produce, we better hope the same defense somehow scores because if not, as i said in my earlier post, there is going to be a lot of losses

crazyzilla67
Waterboy

Post by crazyzilla67 »

well, im back just had my second injection of synvisc today "left knee" so its sore. didn't get to go to the mt vernon scrimage but was told about it hopefully things will come together. ill be there on the 28 to cheer them on new season new opp good luck to all teams on there first week lets the destiny have her say tank class of 1985 true blue through-n-through

Return to “Football”