legitimate chance N-Y goes 7-3

deebs85
Waterboy

legitimate chance N-Y goes 7-3

Post by deebs85 »

Just wondering from the Waverly scrimmage and how they look right now what people's expactions are right now for the buckeyes

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: legitimate chance N-Y goes 7-3

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'd be thrilled with 6-4 but they have the potential to do better than that.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

I could possibly see 8-2 . Logan is down from what everyone says. That's winnable. They always play Newark Catholic tough.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Not sure who will be good in the league . Maybe meigs ?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

I see you winning 2 out of the 4 games between Newark Catholic, Logan, Athens and Meigs, so 7-3 is definitely possible.

Personally, I think you beat Athens and Logan and lose to NC and Meigs, but NC is winnable.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If NY can win big in their first game they have a great chance to run the table. Right off the only game that scares me is NC.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote:If NY can win big in their first game they have a great chance to run the table. Right off the only game that scares me is NC.
Liberty Center won't be a cake walk either.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
noreply66 wrote:If NY can win big in their first game they have a great chance to run the table. Right off the only game that scares me is NC.
Liberty Center won't be a cake walk either.
You are right..sort of looked over that :oops:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
deebs85
Waterboy

Post by deebs85 »

I could be wrong on this! But I just feel like nelsonville-york hasn't had the beef for some years now, like it used to in the no so distant past. Nelsonville-York had never had big players in general. But I remember they had stocky kids built like tanks lol. They seem to be pretty much the same in height. But they don't seem to be nearly as thick as teams in the past. And this seems to be the trend over the last 6 years or so. They just seem to look thin to me. One Nelsonville-York class I remember right off hand where the 2004 class. They would knock the snot out of you. Believe they went 6-4 that year. Don't know to many 6-4 teams that would have beat them boys. Brandon Maiden, Adam Wilson, Chad Berry,Ryan Cunningham,Kenny Handa,Nick Hicks,Charles Craig. Juniors-Eric Davis,Charlie Wend, Ernie Perkins, Joe Warren,Joe Warren,Jed Mcclain,freshmen-Jay Edwards, among many other key contributors. Don't think many other 6-4 teams around the same size/division would have competed with these boys. Please enlighten but don't it seem like there a little thin in comparison to some of these teams of past?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

deebs85 wrote:I could be wrong on this! But I just feel like nelsonville-york hasn't had the beef for some years now, like it used to in the no so distant past. Nelsonville-York had never had big players in general. But I remember they had stocky kids built like tanks lol. They seem to be pretty much the same in height. But they don't seem to be nearly as thick as teams in the past. And this seems to be the trend over the last 6 years or so. They just seem to look thin to me. One Nelsonville-York class I remember right off hand where the 2004 class. They would knock the snot out of you. Believe they went 6-4 that year. Don't know to many 6-4 teams that would have beat them boys. Brandon Maiden, Adam Wilson, Chad Berry,Ryan Cunningham,Kenny Handa,Nick Hicks,Charles Craig. Juniors-Eric Davis,Charlie Wend, Ernie Perkins, Joe Warren,Joe Warren,Jed Mcclain,freshmen-Jay Edwards, among many other key contributors. Don't think many other 6-4 teams around the same size/division would have competed with these boys. Please enlighten but don't it seem like there a little thin in comparison to some of these teams of past?
I've been around for a long time and size wise I haven't noticed any difference.
Our line is a little bigger this year than in years past and Noah Andrews is built like a tank......

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
deebs85
Waterboy

Post by deebs85 »

As a n-y fan that's good to know. Yeah he's a pretty athletic kid. Played some pick up basketball with him before. That's been a few years ago and he was a pretty athletic kid even then.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

IMO 6-4 would be a disappointment with this team. If not for the long overdue total collapse of last years coaching staff these kids had the ability to go at least 7-3 last year. With the talent they have if this coaching staff will just get out of the way and let them play to their potential they can go 8-2 or better. No need for trick plays or secret defenses this week either so hopefully those are being used just to keep practice fun. :o We're just plain better than the wee cats. Week two will be the real test but if we don't out think ourselves it is very winnable, and will lead to an at least 8-2 season barring injuries. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ground Buck wrote:IMO 6-4 would be a disappointment with this team. If not for the long overdue total collapse of last years coaching staff these kids had the ability to go at least 7-3 last year. With the talent they have if this coaching staff will just get out of the way and let them play to their potential they can go 8-2 or better. No need for trick plays or secret defenses this week either so hopefully those are being used just to keep practice fun. :o We're just plain better than the wee cats. Week two will be the real test but if we don't out think ourselves it is very winnable, and will lead to an at least 8-2 season barring injuries. :mrgreen:
How did the waverly scrimmage go ?

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Poo Bear wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:IMO 6-4 would be a disappointment with this team. If not for the long overdue total collapse of last years coaching staff these kids had the ability to go at least 7-3 last year. With the talent they have if this coaching staff will just get out of the way and let them play to their potential they can go 8-2 or better. No need for trick plays or secret defenses this week either so hopefully those are being used just to keep practice fun. :o We're just plain better than the wee cats. Week two will be the real test but if we don't out think ourselves it is very winnable, and will lead to an at least 8-2 season barring injuries. :mrgreen:
How did the waverly scrimmage go ?
How did it go? Roughly 27 players got some quality time against Waverly's starting 11. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.

Return to “Football”