Ashland Blazer @Jackson

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Ashland Blazer @Jackson

Post by Roadhog »

This Friday @ 8 This outta be be a good match up!!!! Thoughts????

Abe Froman
S

Re: Ashland Blazer @Jackson

Post by Abe Froman »

Ashland was very good last year, only Ohio team they played was Ironton winning by 40+

Not sure how your scrimmage is set up but I would say a good showing against Ashland would be a good indication moving forward, but "grading" these scrimmages can be misleading.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ashland will be down this year, they lost a lot of talent from last seasons team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

oh I thought you meant a game. Ashland has a great tradition, especially at home. but I heard the same thing , they lost a lot. but they always have a ton of kids out. very big district.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Guys need to be very very careful thinking Ashland is that down. Sure they lost 2 D1 players and most of their line.

Most of the "down" talk was because everyone thought Brown was going back to Spring Valley. Well he didn't. He is in Ashlands backfield which automatically makes them better than decent. He is more than good.

Ashland has a QB battle going on and either could start at most schools. Both are very good passers. Ash lands offense will be much more balanced this year.

The question is all up front. They have size but no experience. The skill players are there.

I spoke with 2 Ashland coaches, they love being "down". They also watched Ironton in the 7 on 7 and felt very good about how they matched up. They believe they will beat Ironton. We will see, but from what I've seen if both, it will be a very close ball game. Ashland held their own against Spring Valley who is much better than Ironton showed vs Portsmouth.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Didn't realize this was an Ashland vs Ironton thread, lol

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Nice to see the Ironmen pick up a quality 2nd scrimmage this year. Will give them a good challenge.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

According to the Ashland paper Brown did transfer to Spring Valley

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Docw wrote:According to the Ashland paper Brown did transfer to Spring Valley
Not sure when the paper reported that, but he returned August 12th. There is another popular forum called bluegrasspreps that has updated info from parents of Ashland players that are reporting he is practicing and should be ready week 1. Just what I am hearing and reading.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

It was in their football preview which just came out. The article may have been written before Aug 12.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Ashland has always had a great program. and if you ever get the chance catch a big rivalry game there at Putnam. you're right on top of the field.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:Ashland has always had a great program. and if you ever get the chance catch a big rivalry game there at Putnam. you're right on top of the field.
I agree that Ashland program has been good BUT old buddy, " It is only Ashland!"

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:Ashland has always had a great program. and if you ever get the chance catch a big rivalry game there at Putnam. you're right on top of the field.
It' been 40 years or more but I attended a Blazer - Boyd County game at Putnam Stadium. It was perhaps the best setting for a high school game that I have been to. On top of the field is an understatement. Have they completed their renovations?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Jackson handled Blazer pretty good.The secondary looked a lot better,had 5 INT.Defense was excellent against the run. 3 Forced fumbles.Jackson really poppin some pads!!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Extremely impressed with how the Ironmen looked this evening.

Offense is going to score some points, and run defense was solid. Sophomore d-back had 3 picks as well.

Varsity-JV-Frosh all handled Ashland teams well.

One more week to go.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who was the sophomore DB?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Reid Evans

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

First experience watching Kentucky High School football, if this is a good representation then not impressed. Ashland is not very good this year. Based of of the two scrimmages, Washington Courthouse was better than Ashland.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

I totally agree,Jackson would've had a running clock on them in 3rd .JV looked real good ,definitely got some up and coming talent.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

None of the kick returns were "live" last night for obvious reasons not to get someone hurt, but expect some fireworks this year from the trio in the back receiving if the kick goes that far.

3 of the 4 members of the 4x100 team are back there in McCoy, Farley and Evans and not only are they fast but can make people miss as well.

Expect some kick returns for TDs this year to go along with a new look offensively, there is going to be some points scored I think.

Return to “Football”