All State

Re: Week 1- Meigs vs Gallia Academy

Post by bighead »

Meigs

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

is mike bartrum still coaching meigs gang. he has done wonders with the marauders.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I hope Meigs lives up to expectations this year! Cody Bartrum is a beast and deserves a great Senior year. It looks as though Kennedy, Cullums and Zach Bartrum will be big play makers for the Marauders.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:is mike bartrum still coaching meigs gang. he has done wonders with the marauders.
Yes, Bartrum is still the Head Coach and has a 21-19 record in 4 years but I think this could be the year they break out... He's a class act and gives the kids a great experience regardless of wins and losses.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

meigs will win this. but a little closer then a lot of people think. for several reasons.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Unioto will scrimmage galia this Friday then I will know more. I remember galia had a lot of nice skill players 3 or so years ago. What I've heard so far makes it seem like they have taken a nose dive.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia academy talent level is down.. There is know doubt about that.. But they gave some nice young talent... Blue devils season will hinge on there offensive and defensive lines.... They executed very poorly at south point and if they can't improve skill players won't matter

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

svac83 wrote:meigs will win this. but a little closer then a lot of people think. for several reasons.

The reasons being what? Bartrum puts the JV's in? Specifics please.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

One i think blue devils will shore up some holes and be able to move the ball some on offense. limiting the possessions meigs has a little. Plus some of the things meigs does best on offense is blue devils strength on defense. But biggest reason is these 2 coaching staffs are great friends. if meigs gets a secure lead they will become very conservative and probably pull starters much quicker then against most opponents. Meigs is definitely the better team no question about that. i guess i am just not sure how bad blue devils are yet... Do to numbers and injuries the last few years. a lot of JV and freshmen games were cancelled. so a lot of these kids on blue devils are lacking snaps.. i think they would of gained a lot of experience last week and this week and will be much improved by the time the opener is played.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

svac83 wrote:One i think blue devils will shore up some holes and be able to move the ball some on offense. limiting the possessions meigs has a little. Plus some of the things meigs does best on offense is blue devils strength on defense. But biggest reason is these 2 coaching staffs are great friends. if meigs gets a secure lead they will become very conservative and probably pull starters much quicker then against most opponents. Meigs is definitely the better team no question about that. i guess i am just not sure how bad blue devils are yet... Do to numbers and injuries the last few years. a lot of JV and freshmen games were cancelled. so a lot of these kids on blue devils are lacking snaps.. i think they would of gained a lot of experience last week and this week and will be much improved by the time the opener is played.

Ok, solid reasons I get where you are coming from.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Have they a JV team ?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Do they ?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

GA pays 90.00 to play , tell the players to sale this and that ! Where is this money going ? I may be wrong now but RV and SG just pays for spirit packs ? New football fields and all ? WOW!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

bighead wrote:Do they ?
yes gallia academy has a j.v. team. 8 games scheduled.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

the county schools funded there new schools differently. in the county schools funding there was extra money set aside for school improvements and additions. the county schools took this and a loan from OVB. that this money will be used to pay for over next several years to pay for the new field. My guess would be if. the county school residents would of got a chance to vote on what this money would be used for it would of failed and never passed and these schools would of not had new facilities.

Now if you want to blame the city schools on mishandling there money that is OK. but no reason to do it on a thread about a game. I am pretty sure that if you go check. Gallia academy athletics besides coaches salaries is 100% totally self supported as in they get zero money from general fund. the 90.00 per kid doesn't even cover the schools transportation costs in a year for athletics. so new uniforms and equipment is all paid for by fund raisers gate receipts and concessions. And i would much rather these kids sell 50 things a year then stand on the corner and beg for money like what happens across the river every Saturday morning or almost every Saturday.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

now back to the game. how has meigs looked in there scrimmages. what new talent does meigs have moving up to varsity.

Return to “Football”