SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth 32 Valley 12

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats on the win.

coop
SEOPS

Re: WK1 Portsmouth @ Valley (Thursday)

Post by coop »

mattash wrote:When is the last time Portsmouth won against Valley?
Not sure...I know Valley won 12,13,14,15 before losing tonight.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Shew, ugly game to watch in person tonight. Portsmouth handled Valley without much trouble in the first half, but didn't see the endzone so easily in the 2nd. Valley is young and lacks the experience and it showed.

Portsmouth can celebrate tonight, but the schedule ahead of them may be a long road. The next 2 weeks are gonna be rough in my opinion. Burg could have 40 up before halftime.

Congrats to Portsmouth on their victory tonight.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

lol

Tonight. :mrgreen:

That's all that matters right now ,unless your like a team up east and want to talk about history :oops:

Portsmouth has things to work on , but this is a young team that has committed to work hard in off-season and that hard work showed tonight ,even though valley is down a lot of people taking from them kids they played hard ,number 22 is tough for valley and will have a big year.
The Parker kid as a fresh man running for almost 200 yards in his very first varsity game is crazy.

Good luck to both teams

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Noitall wrote:
lol

Tonight. :mrgreen:

That's all that matters right now ,unless your like a team up east and want to talk about history :oops:

Portsmouth has things to work on , but this is a young team that has committed to work hard in off-season and that hard work showed tonight ,even though valley is down a lot of people taking from them kids they played hard ,number 22 is tough for valley and will have a big year.
The Parker kid as a fresh man running for almost 200 yards in his very first varsity game is crazy.

Good luck to both teams
That was the key thing for me to see. We all know Valley is down, but thier kids played hard and didn't quit. They'll be better for it.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

The only thing that keep this game from being a running clock was the awful refs. I drove down from Dayton to watch cause I wanted to see the Parker kid. Heard that he is going to be good. I think good might be an understatement. I wish him luck and hope he stays in good health. Valley may be down some this year but they will be someone to deal with by the end of the season if those young men can stay healthy. I do wish that OHSAA would look at the game films on this game so they can see just how bad these guys were. This was a pretty bad crew. Well tomorrow I will go watch ML out of the Mac take on CJ out of Dayton city league. CJ will be opening their brand new stadium. Good luck to all the teams tomorrow night and may ur team win.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

knightruner wrote:The only thing that keep this game from being a running clock was the awful refs. I drove down from Dayton to watch cause I wanted to see the Parker kid. Heard that he is going to be good. I think good might be an understatement. I wish him luck and hope he stays in good health. Valley may be down some this year but they will be someone to deal with by the end of the season if those young men can stay healthy. I do wish that OHSAA would look at the game films on this game so they can see just how bad these guys were. This was a pretty bad crew. Well tomorrow I will go watch ML out of the Mac take on CJ out of Dayton city league. CJ will be opening their brand new stadium. Good luck to all the teams tomorrow night and may ur team win.

Well you show your ignorance when you claim that CJ is in the Dayton City League, so I'm not sure how credible you are complaining about officials.

And FYI, CJ plays in the GCL: Alter, Fenwick, Carroll, CJ, McNicholas, Badin, Bacon and Marian.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Great job Coach Duncan and the young men that took control of this one early. Love hearing that we took the LOS from Valley, haven't heard that in years, now get ready for West. Go Trojans

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Long season for Valley
Hard to see more than 1 or 2 wins

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Oak wrote:Long season for Valley
I think valley may be in for at least 2-3 long seasons

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

JTEK wrote:
Oak wrote:Long season for Valley
I think valley may be in for at least 2-3 long seasons

Valley started 7 sophomores last night. There is help on the way. This year will be a struggle.

As far as the game, I will keep my thoughts to myself. Of course I am disappointed with the outcome, but more so than that, it was the effort of some of our older players. The young guys never quit. Some of the older ones (not all by any means), flat out quit. Valley will get better. It may not result in wins, but it will pay dividends down the road.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

god win by the Trojans from the ovc winning their opener.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Valley will go thru some growing pains this year and next. Might be able to get a win against Piketon but other than that, it very well could be a 1-9 season for the tribe.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to our Trojans......players and coaches......on the win. After starting out the season 0-1 for so many years, 1-0 sure sounds nice.
It's only 1 game, but I think I can safely say that there is yet another outstanding Parker tailback. 188 yards on 18 carries as a freshman......his father JoJo was there to witness it.........and many of us remember how great JoJo was. If Talyn can stay healthy, he has an outstanding future ahead of him. Another exciting element to this is that the Trojans have a strong core of linemen coming back for next year. QB Luke Purdy had a very good all around game for PHS.

One thing that really stood out to me was that our linemen did not commit one offside or false start penalty........that is a sign of GOOD COACHING AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL BY THE PLAYERS!! Can't remember the last time there were no flags against our linemen.

I know Valley lost a lot and is down this year, but Portsmouth has been down for 8 years (24-56). Last night is a good start to hopefully turn things in the good direction for our football program.

#22 for Valley, Gabe (Cottrell?) is a nice back for the Indians. I'd say he's a good bet to rush for 1,000+ yards this year. I think he tallied around 134 last night with 2 TD's.

GO TROJANS!!!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

COngrats on the Trojan's win...

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
knightruner wrote:The only thing that keep this game from being a running clock was the awful refs. I drove down from Dayton to watch cause I wanted to see the Parker kid. Heard that he is going to be good. I think good might be an understatement. I wish him luck and hope he stays in good health. Valley may be down some this year but they will be someone to deal with by the end of the season if those young men can stay healthy. I do wish that OHSAA would look at the game films on this game so they can see just how bad these guys were. This was a pretty bad crew. Well tomorrow I will go watch ML out of the Mac take on CJ out of Dayton city league. CJ will be opening their brand new stadium. Good luck to all the teams tomorrow night and may ur team win.

Well you show your ignorance when you claim that CJ is in the Dayton City League, so I'm not sure how credible you are complaining about officials.

And FYI, CJ plays in the GCL: Alter, Fenwick, Carroll, CJ, McNicholas, Badin, Bacon and Marian.
My bad I knew that just slip my mine, maybe because I just got home from a long ride. It still doesn't change the fact those refs were bad. You people down there in the SEO might take note that ML a Div 6 playing a Div 3 team. Maybe that's why they are ready and win state championships. Big bad Burg plays a wimp schedule and wonders why they had a running clock put on them. It is going to happen again.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

knightruner wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

My bad I knew that just slip my mine, maybe because I just got home from a long ride. It still doesn't change the fact those refs were bad. You people down there in the SEO might take note that ML a Div 6 playing a Div 3 team. Maybe that's why they are ready and win state championships. Big bad Burg plays a wimp schedule and wonders why they had a running clock put on them. It is going to happen again.
None of that's needed. This is post-game Valley/Ports talk. Not Burg and running clocks.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

no matter the youth of the Indians, Im proud of the Trojans, seems as tho they played a solid game, limited the mistakes and did what they needed to win the game, ......after years of fundamental and mental mistakes they actually did a great job up front and created space for their backs, and played solid defense as well...Lets go get West

Return to “Football”