Portsmouth 32 Valley 12

lineman7
All Conference

Portsmouth 32 Valley 12

Post by lineman7 »

Starts the season off on Thursday. Thoughts?

Who is starting for each team? Strengths? Weaknesses?

bbn77
All Conference

Re: Week 1 Valley vs. Portsmouth

Post by bbn77 »

Got a chance to watch Portsmouth at OVC Previews last night. A lot of speed, like to spread it out. A young team however, so expect mistakes. Defense is solid for the most part, held up well against Ironton's power running. With Valley looking to mesh and find replacements from last years veteran team it should be a tight game

ROLL PEAKE
coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

This will be a good one for sure. Looking forward to follow...

GO VALLEY!

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

This will be an interesting game. Young valley squad trying to find out who they are with a new set of kids and Portsmouth trying to get their program back on the winning track. Interesting to see how Valley's play calling will be since Rolfe will not be calling plays. Portsmouth must tackle because these last couple of years it has been nonexistent. Good Luck to both teams!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

In recent years, Portsmouth has struggled with 2 fundamentals.....tackling and blocking. IF they have learned those 2 things, they could have a respectable season.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley will be so young and being the first game I think Portsmouth takes this one

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Agree I like Portsmouth here.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley lost a scrimmage today to ND 14-7 they moved the ball good but turned it over a couple times also had a couple injuries not sure how serious tho they are young but will go out Thursday and play hard The strength will be their running game the sophomore back #22 is pretty good and if the qb can get #16 the burg transfer the ball he is a matchup nightmare

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

only seeing Portsmouth play so far I will make an educated guess and say that this one could be a tight one and very interesting.
If #14 Parker from Portsmouth gets some daylight good luck catching him!

Portsmouth in a close one. Good Luck to the OVC

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

If Portsmouth has improved from last year, Portsmouth easy!! Valley will struggle big time with the young team. But they will be better for it in a couple of years.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Not sure if the burg transfer EVER played football , but he has a ways to go before he is considered a matchup nightmare from what I seen.

Another thing valley QB has no time to look to throw the ball so that will be a problem with bigger teams I think ND only had 16 to 18 kids.

On the other hand Portsmouth did not look that good vs Waverly either ,so this game could go either way

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Portsmouth took small steps last year, I can see an improvement this year. Being game 1 against a very young Valley team, I think Portsmouth takes it in a close one.

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

This is a nice first game for both young teams. I see a lot of mistakes being made early on but both teams have good athletes so it should be a fun high scoring game.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Im guessing a battle to deep into the forth quarter, like most close games it will come down to turnovers, if our tackling has improved I like our chances, I took Valley in the contest. Trojans make me eat crow!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Valley 24
Portsmouth 21

i'm gonna say p-town by 14

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Noitall wrote:Not sure if the burg transfer EVER played football , but he has a ways to go before he is considered a matchup nightmare from what I seen.

Another thing valley QB has no time to look to throw the ball so that will be a problem with bigger teams I think ND only had 16 to 18 kids.

On the other hand Portsmouth did not look that good vs Waverly either ,so this game could go either way
he's only play round ball as far as i know. he didn't play football at burg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Noitall wrote:Not sure if the burg transfer EVER played football , but he has a ways to go before he is considered a matchup nightmare from what I seen.

He's on the football field, been stated many times.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ole bait loves all his purple injun buddies I have there. but I gotta root for the ovc here.so go Trojans.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

js7_22 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:

He's on the football field, been stated many times.
He may have but he didn't play at burg

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Any place to listen to this one online?