Rock Hill 33 Minford 14

Manwithplan
All State

Re: Rock Hill 33 Minford 14

Post by Manwithplan »

falcon1 wrote:By no means, i believe Minford should have won this game. With that said, this game was better than the score shows., If you take back the fumbling of the opening kick off, giving RH the ball on our 17, led to 6pts.......snap over the punters head giving RH the ball on our 14, ...6pts and here`s an oldy but goody, snap over punters head RH recovers on our 23. RH 6pts.

I hoping some good old grass rolls are in the future this week for them, and a better next week !! :oops:

Turnovers will kill you, that's for sure. The thing is though, if Minford was punting, that means that Rock Hill's defense was doing its job.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Manwithplan wrote:
falcon1 wrote:By no means, i believe Minford should have won this game. With that said, this game was better than the score shows., If you take back the fumbling of the opening kick off, giving RH the ball on our 17, led to 6pts.......snap over the punters head giving RH the ball on our 14, ...6pts and here`s an oldy but goody, snap over punters head RH recovers on our 23. RH 6pts.

I hoping some good old grass rolls are in the future this week for them, and a better next week !! :oops:

Turnovers will kill you, that's for sure. The thing is though, if Minford was punting, that means that Rock Hill's defense was doing its job.
You're right on the money, but there is a difference of getting off a 30 yard punt and making them earn the yards and move the ball vs giving them the ball inside the 20 yd line twice because of snaps over the punter's head.

Minford seemed to move the ball well when they mixed in the pass. Rock Hill was loading the middle of their defense and stopping Minford's ability to run between the tackles. The Compton boy looked very good running the ball for Minford, but its hard to run at a loaded box.

Hopefully Minford starts hitting those 5-10 yard routes to loosen up opposing defenses and open up the run. Even not completed passes will loosen the defense up due to the threat of throwing the ball downfield.

redmanfan
Riding the Bench

Post by redmanfan »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Manwithplan wrote:

You're right on the money, but there is a difference of getting off a 30 yard punt and making them earn the yards and move the ball vs giving them the ball inside the 20 yd line twice because of snaps over the punter's head.

Minford seemed to move the ball well when they mixed in the pass. Rock Hill was loading the middle of their defense and stopping Minford's ability to run between the tackles. The Compton boy looked very good running the ball for Minford, but its hard to run at a loaded box.

Hopefully Minford starts hitting those 5-10 yard routes to loosen up opposing defenses and open up the run. Even not completed passes will loosen the defense up due to the threat of throwing the ball downfield.
RH didn't run a loaded box! Further, RH didn't have to make any adjustments offensively or defensively the entire game. They just played hard ball and deserve some credit for that, not to mention the 373 yards of offense they had:)
I am not taking anything from Minford, as they are a strong program, but please give credit where credit is due.
I don't know what RH will do this year but I promise, they will let people know they are on the field.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

redmanfan wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
Manwithplan wrote:

RH didn't run a loaded box! Further, RH didn't have to make any adjustments offensively or defensively the entire game. They just played hard ball and deserve some credit for that, not to mention the 373 yards of offense they had:)
I am not taking anything from Minford, as they are a strong program, but please give credit where credit is due.
I don't know what RH will do this year but I promise, they will let people know they are on the field.
A winning season and a win the first week really has these Redmen thirsty. I hope you all have an outstanding year.

sanfran7519
Waterboy

Post by sanfran7519 »

redmanfan wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
Manwithplan wrote:

Amen to that.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

redmanfan wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
Manwithplan wrote:

Definitely not taking away from what RH did last Friday night. They outplayed Minford in every area. From the previous RH teams I've seen over the past years, they are much improved and I think they will have a strong season in the OVC. Good luck the rest of the way.

Return to “Football”