Jackson 51 Wellston 8

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Re: Jackson at Wellston

Post by MeyerSpread »

Bird Dog wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:I would wait it out... Wellston use to be very competitive in this game and with Coach Phillips there I see them getting better and better... The Gallia- Meigs series was very similar for YEARS... last year Meigs beat Gallia and is expected to name the score this year... Talent goes in cycles... keep the rivalries!
Not long ago Athens was losing to all the TVC schools in non league games and look at them now!

Been a long "cycle" brother. 2-3 wins in last 25 years or so? I think that is about right.

Not seeing that as a rivalry.
Meigs beat gallia 1 time in 20 years and Gallia dropped them for like 10 years after that. They started a new series last year where Meigs won and that "rivalry" now sucks. Jackson/Welston need to call it off and move on with life.
What was Jackson's record vs Gallia during that stretch? I know Gallia pretty much beat everyone not just Meigs. Should Jackson have dropped Gallia because they couldn't beat them?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

MeyerSpread wrote:
Bird Dog wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:

Been a long "cycle" brother. 2-3 wins in last 25 years or so? I think that is about right.

Not seeing that as a rivalry.
Meigs beat gallia 1 time in 20 years and Gallia dropped them for like 10 years after that. They started a new series last year where Meigs won and that "rivalry" now sucks. Jackson/Welston need to call it off and move on with life.
What was Jackson's record vs Gallia during that stretch? I know Gallia pretty much beat everyone not just Meigs. Should Jackson have dropped Gallia because they couldn't beat them?
It pretty hard to drop a league game lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Orange and Brown wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:
Bird Dog wrote:
It pretty hard to drop a league game lol
Just trying to make a point that the tide changes...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

When is that tide going to change? This is one of the most lopsided "rivalries" I've ever seen.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What has to happen for the tide to change? With Jackson going to a new league I would like to see Jackson and Wellston become one school. But with Jackson having a school that isn't too old you will never see it happen. Wellston is too small for Jackson to be playing every year. Should be more like NY/Logan a 3 to 4 year home and away every once in awhile. There is a difference between J/W and NY/L and that is NY does compete well with Logan. Anyone know, now that NY and Wellston are in the TVC, what NY/Logan record is to J/W?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

MeyerSpread wrote: Just trying to make a point that the tide changes...
Is 25 years not long enough to realize there isn't a tide?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote:What has to happen for the tide to change? With Jackson going to a new league I would like to see Jackson and Wellston become one school. But with Jackson having a school that isn't too old you will never see it happen. Wellston is too small for Jackson to be playing every year. Should be more like NY/Logan a 3 to 4 year home and away every once in awhile. There is a difference between J/W and NY/L and that is NY does compete well with Logan. Anyone know, now that NY and Wellston are in the TVC, what NY/Logan record is to J/W?
NY up 34-11 in all time series vs Wellson. Wellston has won 2 of the last 3

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Orange and Brown wrote:When is that tide going to change? This is one of the most lopsided "rivalries" I've ever seen.
You just have to look at Meigs and Gallia currently for proof...VERY similar

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

If Wellston ever wants their program to move forward they have to end the series with Jackson.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Orange and Brown wrote:If Wellston ever wants their program to move forward they have to end the series with Jackson.
I agree that the Jackson/Wellston game should end, but I don't necessarily think the above statement is true. Wellston has a great staff in place and they'll continue to improve the program, in my opinion. Like I said before, there may be years where Wellston beats Jackson, but over the last four decades that has happened only about four times. At this point in time, though, I really don't believe that the game benefits either school, especially Jackson. Obviously I'm speaking from a competitive standpoint since the game is definitely a money maker. I do realize that there is 100+ year history involved with this rivalry, and that plays a significant role as to why it will continue as well.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well, it can be debated until the cows come home but none of us in here have the power to change these 2 teams playing one another. I believe the topic is Jackson vs Wellston 2016, not should this series come to an end. I think everyone is on the same page with that question. As for the 2016 game I understand Jackson lost some key players including 1 kid who transferred who would've played a key role in this season. However, I've heard they believe this team isn't going to be any drop off from the 2015 team, if anything could surpass them. Now time will only tell on that, but for week 1 Jackson vs Wellston. Jackson by 28+, don't believe they turn it over near as much as last years game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Jackson doesn't come out dragging their feet this will be a big time score in Jackson favor.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Jackson is loaded

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

mattash wrote:Jackson is loaded
Jackson lost almost all is production on both sides of the ball from 2015 . This team will be very young and getting first taste of varsity football for many of these ironmen

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK1 Jackson @ Wellston

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson JV could have put up a fight with the Rocket's varsity last year and with what Jackson has returning from the starters, it shouldn't be close.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Alota young talent for sure . I think Jackson coul get better and better for a few seasons

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Saturday night will be the 105th meeting between Jackson High School and Wellston High school on the gridiron. Jackson leads the all-time series 71-27-6.

JHS also played an independent team (most likely established by the YMCA) from Wellston in the earliest years of its football program, compiling a 3-0 record. Overall, Jackson High school is 74-27-6 against Wellston Independent and Wellston High School.

I know there has been a lot of talk about the rivalry over the last few weeks, and I'm sure everyone (myself included) still stands by their opinion. However, the fact that this rivalry game has been played more than 100 times DOES make it special for both communities. Looking forward to getting the season started on Saturday night!

AirAttack336
Waterboy

Post by AirAttack336 »

Jackson 55-14

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Jackson BIG. 42-6

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

another easy game to pick!

Jackson 54

Wellston 14

Return to “Football”