Waverly 39 Piketon 0

Omega
SEOPS H

Waverly 39 Piketon 0

Post by Omega »

I guess you can no longer call this the Battle for Pike County as Eastern now has football. What are you thoughts as the Tigers invade Piketon ?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 1 : Waverly @ Piketon

Post by smurray »

Still the battle for Pike County as neither play Eastern and probably won't any time soon.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I think we can throw out all logic and who is suppose to win when it comes to this one.
Way too early to know much about either team. I do think Waverly will be much improved from a year ago.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Waverly will win this big. I've seen both teams this summer and waverly has too many weapons. Some ppl like piketon to do well in the svc but they didn't impress me at all.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Waverly.. BIG
Speed kills

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

Waverly might play eastern, they have to replace Caldwell after this year I think.

Piketon seems to play the same non league games most years.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bring the Heat wrote:Waverly might play eastern, they have to replace Caldwell after this year I think.

Piketon seems to play the same non league games most years.

Give Pike Eastern another couple of years to get their program established and it might be worthwhile to have an all county round robin football schedule. Think good rivalries, ease of scheduling and travel, plus good gates.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

First scrimmages of the season this weekend. Waverly is on the road. Where is Piketon?

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon scrimmages Minford tomorrow evening.

The Streaks lost about 15 starters from last years team. Don't know how talented the new starters are, so overcoming inexperience will be key. We'll see how they do tomorrow.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I know there are great expectations for this years Tiger squad. They didn't graduate very many starters but the 3 or 4 who did graduate were good ones.
Not sure I have seen a group work any harder than this group the past few years. Overall team speed is very good and there are many, many weapons on offense. As usual it will come down to the offensive line and how well 3 new starters work with the returners. I believe along with the speed, this will be a much more physical Tiger team. The offense will be Clayton Howell's to run from day 1 and he will be even better than last year.
Tigers have two very good teams to scrimmage to get them ready for the season opener (Miami Trace & Nelsonville York).

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I KINDA BETTER STAY NUETRAL HERE. CAUSE MY CHURCH IS FULL OF REDSTREAKS AND TIGERS.
BUT I WILL AND HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO SAY FOR BOUT 56 YEARS, GO TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigers were at Miami Trace this morning. Waiting to hear how it went.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

The Streaks will definitely be young this year. Started 9 underclass men on defense and 7 on offense, I believe. Though it was only a scrimmage, I saw some positive things last night. Looking forward to August 26. I've got my seat reserved at J. Madeira Brown Memorial Field. GO STREAKS!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I'm hearing Waverly faired well, coaches were pleased. Said there were some easily correctable mistakes. Trace is BIG and physical with big backs. Am told Tigers outscored MT but scoring isn't the big thing in this first "controlled" scrimmage. Home scrimmage against Nelsonville York next Friday night.

State7
Waterboy

Week 1 Waverly vs Piketon

Post by State7 »

Thoughts and how the teams have looked in scrimmages. Have not heard much on Piketon this year.

brown22
Varsity

Re: Week 1 Waverly vs Piketon

Post by brown22 »

going with the tigers on this one too much offense and I don't believe piketon can stop them.

GO EAGLES
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly by 14+

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Scrimmages are complete and the Tigers are ready. Played well against the much bigger and physical Miami Trace team a week ago and beat a good Nelsonville York squad last night. Tigers offense should roll with the hurry up and many, many weapons. A couple things for the defense to sure up from last night but I think they are correctable. Not predicting any score or this team by this many in this game. First game of the year County rivalry, we've seen it all.

GO TIGERS!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WAVERLY BY 17.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Waverly by 3 scores, piketon is not very good.

Return to “Football”