Gallia Academy 2016

svac83
SE

Re: Gallia Academy 2016

Post by svac83 »

i don't know if they have breakaway speed. But from the 7 on 7's the seem to be fast enough and run good enough routes to get open. and they seem to be able to be to hang with other receivers when playing defense. line will be small. Probably biggest thing this team has going for it. is young sophomore QB throws very well on the run.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

2014 they had only 34 players last season 46 ! 41 this season 13 Fr. My question is where is the players ?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

and for those of you saying just horrible. the blue devils haven't had 50 players in all 4 grades since before coach eddy was here. so it has been at least 7 or 8 years i know of. This years senior class had several freshmen under coach BART. only like 3 kids came out as sophomores. Galia Isn't a very big school anymore. i know in the last enrollment figures they were up around 250 boys in upper 3 grades. when classification done this nest year i will be shocked if they are above 215-220. and consider you have about 10 kids running cross country and 20 on soccer team. you are going to be lucky to be above 50.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

they had more then 34 in 2014. they have had in 40's every year. that number for 2014 sounds like without freshmen.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Now fair speed is 5.0 flat /

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Eddy still at Parkersburg South ? Turn that program around !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have no real idea who starters will be. but i will give a guess
offense
c nathan mitchell Jr
g ty howell, SR
g thomas brody SR
t garrett rogers. SR
t colton russell soph
te boo pullins soph
wr Colton Camobell sr
wr Garrett burns JR
rb cole davis soph
rb wyatt sippe soph
qb justin mccelland soph

but i dont really know. there are 3 or 4 juniors out who did not play at least last year. so i dont really know who they will be and practice numbers and game jerseys not all the same

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

bighead wrote:Eddy still at Parkersburg South ? Turn that program around !
coach Eddy still there one playoff appearance in 3 years. They were point pleasant toughest game in regular season last year. So in a state where almost half the teams make the playoffs i would say he has improved them not turned them around yet.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don't know what to think about the blue devils chances this year. They have totally scrapped the offense and started from scratch. i think they are going back to a wing -t blocking scheme. not wing-t formations but blocking schemes. this should help them to be able to at least block some plays and have some offense. last years defense was the worst scoring defense in school history. and most of it graduated. but if they can string some first downs together. i don't know...the expectations are really low. so anything will almost beat expectations. i could see them easily going 0-10. realistically probably 2-8. if they figure out a way to start season 1-2 maybe they could win 5. reminds me of chesapeake team a couple of years ago. if they are healthy they will be dangerous second half of season.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Went 0-10 And then make the playoffs under a knew Coach thats not a turn around ! What are are you smoking ?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

One playoff appearance in 3 years in a state that 50% of teams make the playoffs. and being a 16th seed and being beat 70-0. i don't consider a turnaround. I call it building a program. if he has turned it around they should be a competitive playoff team this year and years to come. Then i will agree with you.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote:i don't know if they have breakaway speed. But from the 7 on 7's the seem to be fast enough and run good enough routes to get open. and they seem to be able to be to hang with other receivers when playing defense. line will be small. Probably biggest thing this team has going for it. is young sophomore QB throws very well on the run.
I saw Gallia at NY's 7 on 7 and I saw a lot of passes that were thrown behind the receiver.
The qb did make a few nice throws but most of his passes were off target. Being a sophomore he has time to develop and I'm sure the coaching staff will spend as much time as possible working with him.

It just looked like he needed to open up his throwing motion. He threw the ball like he had T-Rex arms a lot of the time. His footwork looked good to me though.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

When you change the O ! WOW it will take time for players to by in ! Low numbers and no key players go down ! Maybe a strong 2nd half ! Good Luck.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

QB does not complete a great percentage of passes. He must improve on that. What i can say is at oak hill 7 on 7. he looked flat out horrible. At nelsonville york. he looked a little better. a lot of throws behind receivers and a lot of balls thrown late. At Athens. He looked a little better still a lot of balls coming out late. What i like most about him though is that his accuracy seems to improve when he rolls out instead of in pocket. That and he even showed last year as a freshmen where he is a running threat and runs with head up. there are going to be a lot of defensive backs see him come toward the line of scrimmage and come off there receiver to get burned. Also there are still a lot of receivers that need to run better routes. when he does get the ball out on time as receiver coming out a break. and receiver should be running toward the near side post but there angle is more toward the far corner. throw looks high and behind. but they will all grow together. At oak hill. there was at least one player misaligned or run a wrong route on probably 90% of plays. By the time we got to Athens that is probably down to 25%.

I agree the motion especially from pocket does not look pretty. you may have described it perfect.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Good luck to the Blue Devils in their first year in the OVC.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

[quote="bighead"]When you change the O ! WOW it will take time for players to by in ! Low numbers and no key players go down ! Maybe a strong 2nd half ! Good Luck.[

getting kids that came out for the team to buy in will not be a problem.... when you see kids still on field an hour after coaches leave trying to get new scheme down buy in is not a problem... and not just one or two kids.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Who's your kid ?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Don't have a kid on team haven't had for 3 years. But i still know several kids that play that live in my neighborhood. And i also walk the track around memorial field about 200 days a year. the last several years. Summer is a slow time of year for my business. i will probably see this team more before the season starts then after the season starts. i may be 100% wrong about everything i say... it is just my opinion and what i see.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote:QB does not complete a great percentage of passes. He must improve on that. What i can say is at oak hill 7 on 7. he looked flat out horrible. At nelsonville york. he looked a little better. a lot of throws behind receivers and a lot of balls thrown late. At Athens. He looked a little better still a lot of balls coming out late. What i like most about him though is that his accuracy seems to improve when he rolls out instead of in pocket. That and he even showed last year as a freshmen where he is a running threat and runs with head up. there are going to be a lot of defensive backs see him come toward the line of scrimmage and come off there receiver to get burned. Also there are still a lot of receivers that need to run better routes. when he does get the ball out on time as receiver coming out a break. and receiver should be running toward the near side post but there angle is more toward the far corner. throw looks high and behind. but they will all grow together. At oak hill. there was at least one player misaligned or run a wrong route on probably 90% of plays. By the time we got to Athens that is probably down to 25%.

I agree the motion especially from pocket does not look pretty. you may have described it perfect.
He seemed like an athletic kid so if he keeps working and showing the improvement you've seen then he could be one heck of a qb.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Is it true SG had a scrimmage with GA and GA backed out of it. ?

Return to “Football”